Cute/Weird Points - Tips

Female protagonist, in the hall for adventurous girls.
lionel

Cute/Weird Points - Tips

#1 Post by lionel » Mon Jul 11, 2011 11:23 am

Man I'm on my 6th playthru, really enjoyable game I got to say, but I can't for the life of me figure out how to max out the cute/weird values to their max for the trophy. What am I missing? Anyone post some tips or PM me? Thanks!

Yuniepie

#2 Post by Yuniepie » Mon Jul 11, 2011 4:10 pm

There are alot of ways for maxing out both but the best way I can recommend for getting those trophies is to make sure you become treasurer.

i only have the cutiepie trophy but im 90% certain i know all the ways to get the weirdo one too.

heres a list of early events that you can unlock to get cute/weird points (no matter which guy/girl you're trying to sleep with lol)

first day- take blue magic class-
this will unlock a scene with ellen for +5cute or +5weird points.

sept23- take gym (or take gym anyday that week)-
this will unlock a scene with kyo for +5cute/weird points.
(just check all the answers an rollback til you get which one you want)

when potsdam hands you the schedule for your first ever exam- if you haven't taken one or a few of the magic classes since you started you get an option for +5 weird points(and a detention!)

fail at studying (it doesn't matter what day you do this and its completely random but try to do it with high stress to make it more likely.)
it unlocks a scene where MS get frustrated and you can either 'seek hugs' for +5 cute or 'blow off steam' for +5 weird.

for secret santa (if your relationship with virginia is higher) you get ellen and her card options unlock +5cute/+5weird points.

get the bunny for +10cute points! :)

in the exam where you have an opponent- choose to examine him 3 times then offer to kiss him if he'll let you win lol +5cute!

When you go for treasurer, pick Grabiner to be your campaign manager or whatever- this will unlock you the free hugs campaign- +15cute points! and interpretive dance for like 5 weird points i dunno.

it doesn't matter too much who's romantic path you're pursuing but if you struggle to make money you should, down the track, choose to save Grabiner from the manus and get married- this will almost ensure you get enough for the wings. I've gotten the cutiepie trophy without the fairy wings(not 100% sure with weirdo trophy) but thats cuz im a junkie cute points whore and i lie cheat an steal to get my cute points.

I think thats about what I've got for cute/weird point opportunities that aren't romantic partner-specific. You also have the candle fundraiser where a combination can get you +5weird/+5cute points- i haven't experimented with that yet. :(

That should be enough to get the ball rolling. I'm making a walkthrough-of-sorts so I hope this was helpful. Good luck!
Last edited by Yuniepie on Mon Jul 11, 2011 5:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Computosaurus

#3 Post by Computosaurus » Mon Jul 11, 2011 4:17 pm

I'm having so much trouble too!

Here's what I've found for weird:

********MAJOR SPOILERS*********

If you take a Blue Magic class on your very first day, then you get to have a conversation with Ellen about decorating your ceiling. The pretty option gives you 5 cute points and the interesting option gives you 5 weird points.

When you find Ellen going through Virginia's belongings (I think this is triggered by having a class on the first Friday), go find Virginia and tell her she's trying to steal her underwear for 5 weird points.

You can refuse Damien's hand and refuse to take part in the ceremony for 10 weird points.

If you do take Damien's hand, then say his teeth are like knives when writing the love letter to him for 5 weird points.

After Ellen gets rejected by William, change the subject and say Virginia has a crush on Damien for 5 weird points. (This isn't an option if you refused him)

If you run for President and choose "Lady Lampshade Head" you get 5 cute points but if you run for Treasurer and choose that name you get 5 weird points.

Choose Grabiner for your Treasurer campaign manager and tell Virginia you might have a crush on him for 5 weird points.

The Election campaign option Perform Interpretive Dance gives 10 weird points.

The Presidential speech can give 15 weird points if you choose, Crush my enemies, Demand Perfection and Public Discipline.

If Treasurer, you can choose Black Pillar candles (any scent, I think) for 5 weird points.

When Practicing with Donald, if you dodge instead of cast a spell you get 5 weird points.

On Friday, December 13, wake everyone up for 5 weird points.

For the Christmas Cards, black/frogs gives 5 weird points.

For Valentine's Day cards (This is if you have no relationship):
Sending a romantic one to Ellen gives 5 weird points.
Sending a romantic one to Potsdam gives 5 cute points.

If you marry Professor Grabiner, you get 10 weird points after people find out.

The Virginia mall date gives 5 weird points for trying on crazy hats.

And of course the accessories:
Wacky Glasses, $20, 5 weird points
Bat Wings, $120, 10 weird points

I got to 95 weird on my last playthrough where I married Grabby. Going to do a Damien playthrough later to see what extra weird points I can get from him.

Yuniepie

#4 Post by Yuniepie » Mon Jul 11, 2011 5:01 pm

Computosaurus wrote:I'm having so much trouble too!

Here's what I've found for weird:

********MAJOR SPOILERS*********

If you take a Blue Magic class on your very first day, then you get to have a conversation with Ellen about decorating your ceiling. The pretty option gives you 5 cute points and the interesting option gives you 5 weird points.

When you find Ellen going through Virginia's belongings (I think this is triggered by having a class on the first Friday), go find Virginia and tell her she's trying to steal her underwear for 5 weird points.

You can refuse Damien's hand and refuse to take part in the ceremony for 10 weird points.

If you do take Damien's hand, then say his teeth are like knives when writing the love letter to him for 5 weird points.

After Ellen gets rejected by William, change the subject and say Virginia has a crush on Damien for 5 weird points. (This isn't an option if you refused him)

If you run for President and choose "Lady Lampshade Head" you get 5 cute points but if you run for Treasurer and choose that name you get 5 weird points.

Choose Grabiner for your Treasurer campaign manager and tell Virginia you might have a crush on him for 5 weird points.

The Election campaign option Perform Interpretive Dance gives 10 weird points.

The Presidential speech can give 15 weird points if you choose, Crush my enemies, Demand Perfection and Public Discipline.

If Treasurer, you can choose Black Pillar candles (any scent, I think) for 5 weird points.

When Practicing with Donald, if you dodge instead of cast a spell you get 5 weird points.

On Friday, December 13, wake everyone up for 5 weird points.

For the Christmas Cards, black/frogs gives 5 weird points.

For Valentine's Day cards (This is if you have no relationship):
Sending a romantic one to Ellen gives 5 weird points.
Sending a romantic one to Potsdam gives 5 cute points.

If you marry Professor Grabiner, you get 10 weird points after people find out.

The Virginia mall date gives 5 weird points for trying on crazy hats.

And of course the accessories:
Wacky Glasses, $20, 5 weird points
Bat Wings, $120, 10 weird points

I got to 95 weird on my last playthrough where I married Grabby. Going to do a Damien playthrough later to see what extra weird points I can get from him.
:shock:
shit dude... you're gonna achieve the crap outta that weirdo trophy lol

don't waste your time on damien's path though- he likes em cute and the only weird points are when you try and convince potsdam to let him come to the may day ball as your date (that'll be after resetting your weird counter to 75)

take gym on the 23rd of september (third week i think) tell kyo to 'give her presents' then 'wind-up toys' that should get you your trophy. :wink:

Computosaurus

#5 Post by Computosaurus » Mon Jul 11, 2011 5:26 pm

Thanks Yuniepie! I needed those 5 points from Kyo in the gym badly. And Mary Sue mentions dinosaur toys in the weird option there so that was like a double win.

Now I need cute help. Sigh, the weird options feel so much more natural! XD

lionel

#6 Post by lionel » Mon Jul 11, 2011 5:28 pm

Wow thanks everyone! It was bugging the hell out of me how to make that Ellen one about the ceiling happen again, was wracking my brain trying to figure how to make it reoccur!

Yuniepie

#7 Post by Yuniepie » Mon Jul 11, 2011 5:52 pm

Computosaurus wrote:Thanks Yuniepie! I needed those 5 points from Kyo in the gym badly. And Mary Sue mentions dinosaur toys in the weird option there so that was like a double win.

Now I need cute help. Sigh, the weird options feel so much more natural! XD
lol! Alot of the time I think that the weird options are cute too- especially "She's trying to steal your underwear!" lol! when i first saw that option i burst out laughing- its so friggin cute XD

cute points are definitely my jurisdiction :3 im going to be posting a work-in-progress walkthrough pretty soon... if you need any help you should check it out :)

FantasyFan

#8 Post by FantasyFan » Mon Jul 11, 2011 8:22 pm

All right, my latest time playing I got 100 Weird points by the end of the year but I didn't win the trophy. What gives?

hanako
Site Admin

#9 Post by hanako » Mon Jul 11, 2011 8:34 pm

Use the savegame uploader and we'll look at it?

Sometimes it had trouble noticing if the last weird points you got were from equipment. That should be fixed but it's the most likely cause of problems.

(Also I assume you checked that you didn't already have the trophy?)

FantasyFan

#10 Post by FantasyFan » Mon Jul 11, 2011 9:27 pm

Yeah, I checked. It wasn't there.

And augh, the last thing I did was purchace the bat wings - that must have been it.

Spiky Caterpillar

#11 Post by Spiky Caterpillar » Wed Jul 13, 2011 7:08 am

The maxed-cute and maxed-weird trophies should be unlocked by equipping in an upcoming patch (1.0.16).

pontereika

weird!

#12 Post by pontereika » Wed Jul 13, 2011 3:46 pm

and if you get detention (dont know which one) you can make a joke about how you would rather be spanked then do your work as punshment and that earns you weird points! plus its extemely funny when the guy teacher actully does it! and a little disturbing...

emi-chan74

cute candle points

#13 Post by emi-chan74 » Wed Jul 13, 2011 9:34 pm

you can get +5 cute points with pink peppermint candles... i did tea drops but i don't think that matters... :D

scuttles

#14 Post by scuttles » Thu Jul 14, 2011 12:30 am

A couple of things I've noticed that haven't been listed:

If you spend the first week only sleeping, when Grab gives you demerits and detention, choose to BLUFF. +5 WEIRD

If you choose to send a FUNNY Valentine's Day card to Potsdam, she calls it daring. +5 WEIRD

Of course, sleeping the first week makes getting some other points impossible: the +5 WEIRD/CUTE from the Ellen ceiling convo, and the +5 WEIRD potential from "she's stealing your underwear"!

Aaah, I hope there's even more hidden ones than those listed thus far, cos I'd love to be able to max out the stats without using accessories. (Though, it'll be nice when the patch counts them, too).

hanako
Site Admin

#15 Post by hanako » Thu Jul 14, 2011 12:36 am

It's only if the accessories are the very last thing you do to get 100 that it's likely to have trouble in older versions. Buy them early and you should be safe. :)