Favorites/Thoughts on the Datables? (Both on/off routes)

Design your own character and attend a school for magic.

Favorite Romantic Character?

Damien
24%
Donald
23%
Grabiner
37%
Ellen
10%
Virginia
2%
Other
4%

Total votes: 254

Foreversh

#16 Postby Foreversh » Mon Aug 01, 2011 2:49 am

Grabiner is my favourite by far. His storyline was the most unique and I have to say I replayed all of his scenes over and over because they're just so cute. I have a soft spot for tsundere guys o^^o I wish the kiss scene wasn't so close up though~

Also, I'm 26, so it's a little weird with the high school guys. I would much rather date an older man because of this reason and I guess it shows in my choices for characters^^

emi-chan74

Re: :3

#17 Postby emi-chan74 » Mon Aug 01, 2011 10:39 pm

Yuniepie wrote:
Schizoid wrote:Okay! So, my favorite route would have to be Damien's, simply because it has that love-hate relationship going on. Though, I really don't like that your stats go down when he tries to suck your soul out of you. o-< He's so manipulative and sexeh!

Meanwhile, Grabiner's path is SO interesting! :D It is my second-favorite of the main datable characters. I love how Sue has to find ways to deal with being married to her teacher. I was became more emotionally involved with that than Damien, oddly. I'm writing a fanfiction about what happens afterward, currently. ^^

As for the minor sub-datable characters, I DO like Big Steve. I didn't really get to see anything with Pastel besides the event you are able to get in...April? o.o; Anyways, I think that Big Steve is adorable and weird! <3 Mr Hoppity. hehe xD

:shock:

A fanfiction? DO share! Are you going to upload it? I really hope you do cuz I LOVED the Damien endings- especially the walking in darkness ending. It's one of the things that irked me the most was the whole 'writing to your romantic partner over summer' ending for pretty much every one of them. Gay. Running away together is way more juicy.

Anyway my point is, don't go hoarding that fanfiction all to yourself- Especially when I'm hungry for some more Damien-loving!! So you know... pretty please share it with me? I mean, us.

Oh an my two-cents for the topic: Damien was my favourite (despite the rant)... until Donald swept me off my virtual feet. But of course I still love them both... just that Donald's the one that haunts my dreams. :3

I agree I want to read the fanfiction too!

I truly love Grabby tho. I know he' s weird and mean but I feel like he's the only one who talks to you. Ellen is closer to my intellectual level but the options to talking to her always make me feel like I'm stupid; Virginia I feel like there is no emotion. Donald is just too nice. I love Damien but it feels like an abusive relationship.
Whereas Grabby, although he is smarter than you and he might make you feel stupid - especially in the begginning - as your romance progress you have chances to make him look dumb and humble. Some always come, like when he apologizes when he learns Minnie leaked your secret, but other's come when you're talking to him in his room and you answer, no i've never had wine - you talk about blue snow cones :D - or if you go and talk to him about Minnie and Kyo he is suprised and off gaurd that you came to him. I feel like your relationship with Grabby just growns and develops so much and its amazing.

cuddlyEmo

#18 Postby cuddlyEmo » Fri Aug 05, 2011 1:40 pm

Big Steve! But since he's not datable I'll say Donald. I've always had a thing for pranksters, but honestly he's a bit TOO sweet.

second is Damien since he's the badboy. on the other hand he's... butter-like. he is oh-so gentleman-like, which I hate since those guys ALWAYS end up grinning smexingly evil while trying to kill you. If he'd been more knife-y, he'd be my favorite one ;)

Grabby's at the bottom, since he's... well, old. I had to force myself to play his path... even though I like the way MS scolds him in the end.

If there was a datable moody badboy, I'd go for him... You've probably figured out that I have a thing for badboys...

About the GxG romances... well, they're okay, but it's just a really friendship-like romance with Ellen and Virginia... It's not "juicy" (sry, sounds a bit perverted, I guess) enough as for my taste in GxG romances. I'm talking about the "no" kisses, romantic hugs, holding hands, "real" dates-thing...

Oh, well. Enough criticism from me. Love the game ;)

Dementia

#19 Postby Dementia » Thu Aug 11, 2011 10:18 pm

Damien for sure. I've always loved guys with a dark secret. One of the biggest things I love, while playing a visual novel, is making guys, who are trying to hurt you in some ways at the beginning, fall for your character. That kinda makes you feel very powerful ;DD

The game was awesome. The only things I didn't particularly enjoy were GxG romances (I guess that's just not my thing) and the lack of details about your future life at the end. It would have been nice to see if our beloved character traveled with Damien to the Otherwold and if her marriage with Grabby lasted. Something like a short clip after every romance ending. Or at least a few written words, like in Fatal Hearts. But despite all this, I still loved it!

D_A_Renoir

#20 Postby D_A_Renoir » Sat Aug 20, 2011 12:27 pm

Grabby FTW!!! :lol: I want that guy the moment I saw him on the trailer. I had my doubts when I saw he was not on the title screen, which had the rest of the date-able characters on it, but I cheated and checked the wiki and got him! I don't need any of the other guys XD

I wasn't impressed with Damien. He's like a walking cliche, much worse that Grabby. And his woe-is-me wangsting drama when I rejected him destroyed any chance of me liking him. And he looked like he was a negative version of my character. I don't want to date someone who could potentially be my long-lost older twin SISTER :roll:

Yumeshojo

Re: :3

#21 Postby Yumeshojo » Sat Aug 20, 2011 4:40 pm

Schizoid wrote:I'm writing a fanfiction about what happens afterward, currently. ^^

YESSSS!!!! More Grabby love~! A Magical Diary category on FF.net has officially been approved, don't leave me alone here - go post! Everyone should go post! MWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA~!

*coughcough* Um, anyway...As you probably already guessed, my favorite guy was Grabiner. Playing through the demo I was like "yay, forbidden love, hot teacher, older man with attitude" but I also figured he wasn't dateable. I was pumped to fic him anyway, when I checked the wiki and was like "YES HE IS DATEABLE WHOOOOOOO!"

As for the other guys, I still liked both of them. Donald's a sweetheart and Damien was just cool to me - even with the mood swings or whatever lol.

As for the girls, I liked Virginia's spunk but got along with Ellen better, since we were both the bookish types. I haven't actually played either one of their dating routes though. They just didn't spike my interest that much, since there were three awesome guys running around, not to mention Big Steve (win, anyone? Love this guy!). I just keep playing Grabby's route over and over lol.

D_A_Renoir

#22 Postby D_A_Renoir » Mon Aug 22, 2011 9:14 am

I'm really surprised to see how popular Grabby is with the players XD Look at that. He's winning the poll!

DarthSnuggles

#23 Postby DarthSnuggles » Thu Aug 25, 2011 7:39 pm

This is a really hard one, since it seems like every time I play the game I think "okay, THIS is my favorite."

I voted for Donald in the poll, because his romance is really sweet and fun, and is the most like what I'd want to have in real life. (He kind of reminds me of my boyfriend, so maybe I'm biased.) I mean, come on, he's super-sweet, funny, fun to be around, and refreshingly up-front about what he likes and dislikes. He's the most realistic, and I kind of felt like he was the only guy who liked you for who you are, rather than making you jump through a bunch of hoops to win his love. Even when you're married, he's cool with waiting for you, and his yearbook message of "let me know when you're free" made me go "awww!" Plus? Pirate Ship.

In terms of gameplay, though, Grabiner is definitely my favorite path. I think he's characterized really well, and the development between him and Mary Sue is actually pretty believable. He also has some of my favorite lines when you start to get into his good graces and can snark back and forth with him a bit more.

I like the challenge involved with getting and keeping his respect, and I also thought the difference in age and temperament between him and Mary Sue was handled really well. I liked that he didn't get all romantic with you, even at the end of his path, because you're sixteen and you're a student. I thought it was nice that there was the potential there for a more romantic connection, but that it's going to take time to develop. It made me excited to think about what might happen with them in the future, because even if they wind up not being a couple, they'll probably still remain friendly, and he would be a good mentor for a young witch to have.

Honestly, though, all of the romance paths have been really fun. Damien's was the first one I played through, and although it's not my favorite, it definitely got me hooked on the game. I think he's kind of creepy, and I feel bad for the Sue that gets involved with him because she's kind of got a tiger by the tail, but his storyline really appealed to the part of me that is still in junior high and loved the Vampire Diaries novels. (Coincidentally, the Damien from those books was my favorite character. :D )

Virginia's path is pretty lacking in drama, all things considered, but that suits her character. I kind of felt like I wanted to be able to do more for her, especially with the Jacob thing, because it seemed like most of our interactions were just her being grumpy for something that really wasn't my fault, but it all worked out in the end. It was fun being able to tease her about Balthasar.

I've only managed to get the best friend ending with Ellen so far, but I really liked all the things she gets you into, since I feel like that route gives the best feel for what it would be like to be Wildseed and not know or understand the rules of magical society. My first try wasn't smart enough to figure out the truth behind her conspiracy, but I plan on playing through again to get the kiss scene, so maybe I'll have better luck this time.

So...I guess the tl;dr version of this post is that I love all the romances, but my heart beats fastest for Donald and Grabiner.

Hoosha

#24 Postby Hoosha » Thu Sep 01, 2011 7:39 pm

Donald! His path was a lot more light-hearted and I really like him more as a character. A realistic attention-seeking prankster, who's not as childish as he appears to be. ;o I didn't even attempt Grabby's route because he reminds me too much of Professor Snape and he's..old :S And DAmien well..he was okay.

DarthSnuggles

#25 Postby DarthSnuggles » Thu Sep 01, 2011 7:42 pm

Hoosha wrote:I didn't even attempt Grabby's route because he reminds me too much of Professor Snape and he's..old :S

As Mary Sue puts it, he's "not that old, and...not that horrible." I was a little creeped out by his route at first too, because he IS a teacher and at first he seems like he's a lot older than you, but he really grows on you, I think. (It helps that he never becomes overwhelmingly passionate about your Sue, and you don't even have to kiss him if you don't want to.)

That's just my opinion, though.

nightingale

#26 Postby nightingale » Mon Sep 12, 2011 1:19 am

Grabiner is Definitely not that old, I think he must be around 30 by my reckoning and anyway, what does it matter,,, Like someone above, I am a bit older myself and I prefer older,v more mature characters.

He's..an honourable guy and once tmed is just Mary Sue's for good ^^ and thats the way i like my fairy tales^^

Replayed the game, rewatched the scenes, I styill wouldn;t go on any other path...this is the only one for my character. On that note, I am working on a Grabiner fanfiction nmyself as I also had an idea for a continuation.

I'm happy he won't be datable any more.

biscuit

#27 Postby biscuit » Wed Sep 14, 2011 6:10 am

Haven't played all the endings so far, but in order of the ones I've played...

1) Donald: He's so sweet and normal! A bit of a prankster, but still sweet and drama-free. I also like how I feel my Sue gets to change his path and influence him.

2) Grabiner: I felt really strange about him even being datable... and then married him when I tried to save him! (Oops.) He's complex, but that provokes more thought for me, in terms of trying to figure out his relationship with the main character.

3) Damien: Least favorite, but still fun. He's just nuts, and even though he goes for redemption at the end of a successful romance... he's still nuts!

Caspiera

#28 Postby Caspiera » Fri Sep 16, 2011 3:00 am

It would have to be Grabby for me, there is something about his cold way of showing he cares is "squwee worthy" And when he actually says something nice, i cant help but squeal in my pillow...like a silly school girl xD!!

Then it would be Donald. I loved his story path, it felt realistic and innocent. It was really cute!

Side character wise it would deff. be Big Steve ( Mr. Hoppity <3) He is so socially awkward in a cute snuggly way~ I have to admit the toads have some of the funnest males, idk why but i wanna get to know Balthazar a little bit more now too xD!

wowchic97

#29 Postby wowchic97 » Sat Oct 15, 2011 7:30 pm

My favorite is damien by far! (:

I've always loved the womanizer type in games and he was really just the classic route like that. xD Plus i think the hole love hate relationship was really great (:

Then Grabiner. His route was really different than anything i've ever really seen put into a game and i thought it was just so awesome! I was glad there was a romanceable teacher, but yeah i didn't really like him, but i thought his route was really cool.

I don't really like Donald just because he was well the prankster, but he did make a nice normalcy touch seein gas Grabiner and Damien's routes were so dramatic it was nice to go with someone who was calm and chill.

I have only managed to get the best friend ending with Virginia and i've not even tried for Ellen yet o:

Haha i just got Pastel's side route thing.. And i honestly loved it! XD I really wish she was in the game more it was just awesome. c:

I haven't gotten anything side character thing with Big steve yet so i can't really say much about him! O:
I just wish that William and Kyo were romances! <3 I always try to get Kyo to go out with me when he's fighting with Minnie, but it never works haha. xD

mnfinch1

#30 Postby mnfinch1 » Mon Nov 14, 2011 8:30 pm

BIG STEVE! I really wish there was an option for him :mrgreen:

Return to “Magical Diary”