Favorites/Thoughts on the Datables? (Both on/off routes)

Design your own character and attend a school for magic.

Favorite Romantic Character?

Damien
24%
Donald
23%
Grabiner
37%
Ellen
10%
Virginia
2%
Other
4%

Total votes: 254

Muse

Favorites/Thoughts on the Datables? (Both on/off routes)

#1 Postby Muse » Fri Jun 24, 2011 2:22 am

I was curious what everyone thought of the datable characters in the game. Favorites/thoughts? (Including the random little side path ones; not sure who they all are but...)

I really like them all, but I have to admit if you reject Damien, sometimes he gets pretty... crazy. XD

I think my favorite side-path guy has to be Big Steve though. (He is a minor option, right?) Not totally sure on the main ones who is my favorite, though.

Schizoid

:3

#2 Postby Schizoid » Fri Jun 24, 2011 5:47 am

Okay! So, my favorite route would have to be Damien's, simply because it has that love-hate relationship going on. Though, I really don't like that your stats go down when he tries to suck your soul out of you. o-< He's so manipulative and sexeh!

Meanwhile, Grabiner's path is SO interesting! :D It is my second-favorite of the main datable characters. I love how Sue has to find ways to deal with being married to her teacher. I was became more emotionally involved with that than Damien, oddly. I'm writing a fanfiction about what happens afterward, currently. ^^

As for the minor sub-datable characters, I DO like Big Steve. I didn't really get to see anything with Pastel besides the event you are able to get in...April? o.o; Anyways, I think that Big Steve is adorable and weird! <3 Mr Hoppity. hehe xD

perch

#3 Postby perch » Fri Jun 24, 2011 6:01 am

For the main five paths I liked Donald the best. He was just so even and nice. Genuinely nice, but cheeky. He was a great counterpoint to the surrounding dramas of the other romances.

Otherwise my game belongs to Big Steve. He's just so adorably socially awkward, yet sweet. He really repays the kindness MS gives him by being pretty awesome, in a weird Toad way.

Grabiner was my favorite for a while, but his 'bad' ending (Divorced trophy) kind of made me raise my eyebrow a bit about his behavior in general.

Benazir

#4 Postby Benazir » Fri Jun 24, 2011 8:47 am

1.Damien. He's not an ordinary guy, he's so special... I love him. :oops:
2.Grabiner's path is very interesting, but I don't love this grumbling old man.
3.Donald....Oh no! just kidding.

FantasyFan

#5 Postby FantasyFan » Sat Jun 25, 2011 4:04 am

I absolutely love all five, but my fave is Virginia. She's so much fun. Plus she loves food, just like me. :D

My favorite non-romance character is probably Professor Potsam. She's so bouncy and unpredictable.

junsei7

#6 Postby junsei7 » Sat Jun 25, 2011 11:43 am

While Damien and Grabiner are really interesting from a narrative and DRAMA! point of view - their stories have quite a few spots that make me go 'woah, dude, chill' - I find Donald's the most satisfying. I think it's partly because you can have a really good relationship with him regardless of dating him - even when he gets annoyed with you he doesn't just scream at you and storm off - but mainly he's open-hearted, sweet and funny, has realistic issues going on and out of the 5 main romance paths, his is the only one where I got a real sense of him actually really liking your Sue! :)

Elze

#7 Postby Elze » Tue Jun 28, 2011 9:52 am

Grabby.

..because I can never and will never want to date a guy like that irl. But I can in a game and it's way too much fun. I replayed the kiss scene so many times. xD The scene where he threatened my Sue freaked me out though. Just that bit, nearly made me drop him on the list.

Damien is dramatic too. Love his route. But he won't be my favorite because he's a little too extreme.

I'm glad Donald is in the game though. He may not be my favorite, but without him, the game will be severely imbalanced and I might not have enjoyed my Grabby and Damien routes as much.

Mehthelazy

#8 Postby Mehthelazy » Wed Jul 06, 2011 11:32 am

I want to date Pastel!! ;A;

But for the main paths Ellen has to be my favourite ^_^

nightingale

#9 Postby nightingale » Thu Jul 07, 2011 1:32 am

Grabiner. I just love him. I like brooding men who turn out to be honourable and protective, as thos one seem to be. A man straight out of classic romance.

I only registered to say this and this only. I will not be active very much.

But in game like this there can be only one Hieronymous and I'm just hoping he can have his happily ever after ^^

lionel

#10 Postby lionel » Thu Jul 07, 2011 6:20 am

Just registered to post some in these forums. Generally I'm not a forum goer in games or communities as it's a lot of work and I don't like the non-instantaneous nature of a forum (where you got to wait for replies), but since I really loved Magical Diary, I figured why not.

I got to say loved the game you guys made, though I would have loved a few more romance-able options other than those... I'm also one of those people not too much into girl-girl relations (though Kudos for even GIVING people that option!), but if anyone I wanted to see a date-able Minnie and Jacob, heh.

My pick for my playthru was Damien, excellent job on the story with him and the writing, really caught me off-guard how well put together that story was!

Amaya Redfern

#11 Postby Amaya Redfern » Thu Jul 07, 2011 10:05 am

It's a toss up between Damien and Grabby for me. Damien's path is just so classic and twisty, and Grabby's is funny as heck. Donald after that. I don't care for the girls at all. But I wish William was dateable so bad!

Muse

#12 Postby Muse » Sat Jul 09, 2011 11:26 pm

I THINK Pastel and Big Steve are datable side characters, by the way. Nothing major but I think they are last minute so you're not single options.

And yeah, I would love to date Minnie. <3 So crazy and fun.

Pixelen

#13 Postby Pixelen » Sun Jul 10, 2011 2:11 am

Personally my favourites are Donald and then Grabiner. Don't particularly care for Damien, he's far too scary and abusive for me!

Yuniepie

Re: :3

#14 Postby Yuniepie » Sun Jul 10, 2011 6:01 am

Schizoid wrote:Okay! So, my favorite route would have to be Damien's, simply because it has that love-hate relationship going on. Though, I really don't like that your stats go down when he tries to suck your soul out of you. o-< He's so manipulative and sexeh!

Meanwhile, Grabiner's path is SO interesting! :D It is my second-favorite of the main datable characters. I love how Sue has to find ways to deal with being married to her teacher. I was became more emotionally involved with that than Damien, oddly. I'm writing a fanfiction about what happens afterward, currently. ^^

As for the minor sub-datable characters, I DO like Big Steve. I didn't really get to see anything with Pastel besides the event you are able to get in...April? o.o; Anyways, I think that Big Steve is adorable and weird! <3 Mr Hoppity. hehe xD

:shock:

A fanfiction? DO share! Are you going to upload it? I really hope you do cuz I LOVED the Damien endings- especially the walking in darkness ending. It's one of the things that irked me the most was the whole 'writing to your romantic partner over summer' ending for pretty much every one of them. Gay. Running away together is way more juicy.

Anyway my point is, don't go hoarding that fanfiction all to yourself- Especially when I'm hungry for some more Damien-loving!! So you know... pretty please share it with me? I mean, us.

Oh an my two-cents for the topic: Damien was my favourite (despite the rant)... until Donald swept me off my virtual feet. But of course I still love them both... just that Donald's the one that haunts my dreams. :3

OverlyObsessed2001

#15 Postby OverlyObsessed2001 » Mon Aug 01, 2011 1:07 am

Well, my favorite is Donald, closely followed by Damien. Donald is just so cute! He needs some love. Damien... Well, he's a demon. An evil demon. An extremely good-looking evil demon. With serious issues. He needs someone to straighten him out.
Out of the non-dateables, I liked William. For no reason I can think of, he was just my fav.
Meanwhile, out of sheer curiosity, I was searching name-meanings.com, looking up the meaning of some of the names. Apparently, 'Damien' means 'Sweet and harmless' in Greek. Anyone else bursting out in laughter? He is anything but harmless, since he does try to suck out peoples' souls. And 'Minnie' means 'bitter' in Celtic/Gaelic. Interesting, isn't it?

Return to “Magical Diary”