A few questions and suggestions -EDITED 23-06-2011

Female protagonist, in the hall for adventurous girls.

Wich character would you like/love to have as dateable in the game?

William
32%
Minnie
6%
Pastel
15%
Manuel Arias
18%
Jacob
7%
Balthazar
7%
Luke
14%

Total votes: 99

Vanille

A few questions and suggestions -EDITED 23-06-2011

#1 Post by Vanille » Mon Jun 13, 2011 1:53 pm

-EDITED 23-6-2011-

Already got most the endings I think.
Damiens, professor Grabby, Ellen, Donald and Virginia except in a more best friend thing rather than romance. xD
And a few variations of them.

Still, my suggestions might already be in game. So I apologize in advance if that happens.

AND, I know the game is..well...FINISHED XD ( So congrats on that btw! )
But IF there were to be made expansions/updates, this is what *I* would like to be changed/added.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Okay, moving on to my questions/suggestions:

The spell "Inscription" , I can never figure out what it really is for.
Is there a point to it? Will we be able to change an object by writting things on it? Will there be a list of words we can use?
In the first dungeon there's "Dead end" written on the wall. Okay, fair enough, but whats the use of being able to change it if there's absolutely no point in it?
What is this spell exactly for?

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Also. I'm a bit disapointed by the fact that we can learn so many spells but there's no use in having all of them.
Since we can only use them in the school tests. And in those tests usually having only a couple spells is more than enough.

So.. will there be some kind of dungeon where you can go "adventure mode"?
And we can actually find items and money?

I wish there would be more oportunities to go on dungeons or fight monsters. If there were some secrets you can find by doing so. it would be even better! Or even get to have a romantic ending with someone by doing so? *hint William hint*
I just think its a waste, having so many spells you can do. And barely using them.

Perhaps having a dungeon set in the otherworld? I got really curious to what it looked like. XD

So to make it short:
MOAR DUNGEONS

We can get revenge on Damien! By joining Rose and Wasp.
Still it was quite vague. But Hanako did mention something about on Wolf hall we'll be able to meet him again and this time MAYBE get our sweet sweet revenge. So I'll be looking forward to that XD
Since I had my hopes really high on getting to kill him later in the game or something. And get a crazy
evil ending XD

Also, seems to me like lots of people want William XD <3

Followed by Pastel and Luke xD <3
Wonder if we will be able to get them in future games. <3

My guess is...PROBABLY YES xD

Also, I been a REALLY NAUGHTY GIRL and as I looked at the picture files on the game folder. I actually wasnt trying to find any of this, just trying to find a way to get my own hairs and faces into the game somehow XDDDD
And found this lil folder called CG1.

Well, inside said folder was something I didn't quite expect:

There's the kiss scenes from the game XD, and to my surprise, it seemed like we can KISS: Big Steve, Pastel, Luke/Logan (seems like their hair, not sure wich one of the twins tho. And a few couple ones that I couldnt tell who they were, one seemed to be Suki, no idea about the other.

So...can we really kiss ALL these people in horse hall? XDDD what is the meaning of this?? LOLOLOL

And lastly.... is there a way of uploading our own accessories/hairstyles/eyes/body type etc into the game?
If yes. How?

Sorry if this sounds demanding! Like I said, they are only suggestions.
And I absolutely LOVE the game so far.
So please keep up the great work.
Last edited by Vanille on Thu Jun 23, 2011 1:53 pm, edited 6 times in total.

Vanille

revenge

#2 Post by Vanille » Tue Jun 14, 2011 11:43 pm

Okay, I just got the ending where I get revenge on Damien
But I need to Join the Rose and the Wasp first.

Makes sense I supose.

It was really... rushed and vague though. And all we get is something about william getting his face injured. And Damien losing a wing.
Then at the end. Petunia writtes us about having earned a dangerous enemy.

And das it.

Definitly better than nothing. But could be improved.

hanako
Site Admin

#3 Post by hanako » Wed Jun 15, 2011 12:41 am

If you really want to stick the boot into Damien... the WolfPC/Damien relationship will be very different from the HorsePC/Damien relationship, and that's all I can say right now....

Vanille

#4 Post by Vanille » Wed Jun 15, 2011 1:21 am

Thanks for the info.

Is it alright if I ask though. How much is left till the game is completely finished?
Is the story all done? or will there be more added to it later?

Keep up the great work.

hanako
Site Admin

#5 Post by hanako » Wed Jun 15, 2011 1:45 am

The standalone Horse Hall game is basically complete. A few small events may work their way in over time (I have an item that hasn't been added, and some interactions related to it, and when later games are written some references to them will likely be worked into the original, and so on) but I'm not expecting major plot developments within this particular release.

There may or may not be expansions sometime; this will largely depend on sales, demand, and whether we come up with Brilliant Ideas. We have, for example, talked about doing an All Dungeon Summer School Special.

The general gameplan is to officially launch the game within the month, then take some downtime to recharge, then work on a small side project that ISN'T MagicalDiary, then start working on Wolf Hall. However, gameplans are always subject to change!

Vanille

#6 Post by Vanille » Thu Jun 16, 2011 5:24 pm

=D So that means the story is pretty much finished.
About those references you mentioned. All we need to do is update it right?

An all dungeons summer special expansion does sound fantastic tho XD

Add to that some kind of continuation to the stories ( with damien, grabbiner, donald ,ellen etc ) And I'd definitly want to buy it xDDD

as in, DEFINITLY xP

hanako
Site Admin

#7 Post by hanako » Thu Jun 16, 2011 10:34 pm

Yes, random scenes and items that get worked in would just come through the updater.

If you guys managed to mount a successful campaign to get Steam to carry the game, I would definitely add options to go to the final dance with Big Steve and Balthasar. :P

The reason you can't currently go to the final dance with some characters like Pastel is that there's actually a huge storyline going on there which you only see small amounts of in this game, where she's not a focal character. I don't want to spoil the end of her plot here where you can't see the rest of it. But once you have THAT game and know what her story really is, she might be unlockable here. Maybe. That's all futurey stuff!

perch

#8 Post by perch » Thu Jun 16, 2011 11:33 pm

Aw don't tease us with promises of more dates if we get you on Steam. They're almost impossible to win the lottery of being hosted on. I will however endeavor to push this game far and wide and maybe if you get enough sales I'll get my precious Toad/Snake kids in future updates. :D

I'm excited to know there's more about Pastel. She's always struck me as either lonely or desperately trying to live up to her mother's reputation. She's one of my favorite characters so knowing there's a lot more than what's been teased out is awesome.

madeofwhin

#9 Post by madeofwhin » Fri Jun 17, 2011 4:02 am

hanako wrote: If you guys managed to mount a successful campaign to get Steam to carry the game, I would definitely add options to go to the final dance with Big Steve and Balthasar. :P

I'll do it. :shock:

EDIT:

Done. :shock:

http://www.steampowered.com/steamworks/FAQ.php

hanako
Site Admin

#10 Post by hanako » Fri Jun 17, 2011 4:39 am

... that's not what I said. :P

I'm aware of how to submit a game. I already have. The chances of them saying yes, or even bothering to respond to say no are slim.

Edit: They did actually respond! They said no. Told you. :)

That's why perch called me a tease. :)

Steam is not an open market. Submitting your game does not get you in.

Developers often have hopes that if hundreds of players beg Steam to carry a game they'll do it, but even that isn't a guarantee.
Last edited by hanako on Wed Jun 22, 2011 8:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Benazir

#11 Post by Benazir » Fri Jun 17, 2011 9:24 am

William. And I don't understand why my MS can't think about him before Christmas. :(

Vanille

#12 Post by Vanille » Fri Jun 17, 2011 3:31 pm

Benazir wrote:William. And I don't understand why my MS can't think about him before Christmas. :(
;_; I know LOL
Everyone loves William </3

I'm hoping we will be able to get a romantic path with him on Wolf hall.
I think he's into guys probably XDDD. Something about that past he had with Damien hrmmmm XD sounds suspicious.

*gets hopes up*

Benazir

#13 Post by Benazir » Fri Jun 17, 2011 4:29 pm

Vanille wrote: I think he's into guys probably XDDD. Something about that past he had with Damien hrmmmm XD sounds suspicious.
Well, but William had a girlfriend before too (Angela) :?

Vanille

#14 Post by Vanille » Fri Jun 17, 2011 7:17 pm

Benazir wrote:
Vanille wrote: I think he's into guys probably XDDD. Something about that past he had with Damien hrmmmm XD sounds suspicious.
Well, but William had a girlfriend before too (Angela) :?

He's probably bi :!:

XD Just didnt date Mary Sue because she's a friend of Virginia.

Spazzbunny

#15 Post by Spazzbunny » Fri Jun 17, 2011 8:31 pm

Well, everyone in the world seems to fall into the Everyone is Bi trope. xD I do believe, however, that Virginia said that William had sworn off girls after dating Angela. My bets are that, if he ever becomes a capturable character, it'd be in a game where you are a boy. I have to say though, I would love it if he, like Damien, could be chased as a boy and as a girl. Simply because I firmly believe that somebody ought to try and fix the view on girls that Angela created....