Magical Diary Beta

Female protagonist, in the hall for adventurous girls.
hanako
Site Admin

Magical Diary Beta

#1 Post by hanako » Sun Jun 05, 2011 11:02 pm

Since the last thread was so very long and much of it is out of date now, I'm closing that one. If you have general comments/feedback on the beta, they can go here. :)

Also, I've taken the privacy lock off this forum. Non-registered members can now see the posts in here. You are also now allowed to talk about the game elsewhere or post screenshots if you want. :)

Hopefully we will soon have the yearbook function working correctly so that you can post your characters with all of their special features and accessories (Spiky has a cold and is trying to get something else done right now.) When it's ready I'll open a thread for character-sharing.

And then we have to get a demo ready...

a_crow

#2 Post by a_crow » Mon Jun 06, 2011 5:43 am

I guess I'll start with a bug report. At the end of the Ellen romance path my character mentioned something about having to stay over the summer because she failed the final exam and had too many demerits... but I DIDN'T fail the final exam and I had 15 merits. But I guess this is probably just from me using an old save. I'll try again some other time and tell you what happens.

liz4187

#3 Post by liz4187 » Mon Jun 06, 2011 12:11 pm

I actually was about to post the same thing but mine wasn't from an old save I worked it the whole way through passed the final exam and had lots of merits but my character still told Ellen that she had to stay over the summer because she failed and had bad merits.

hanako
Site Admin

#4 Post by hanako » Mon Jun 06, 2011 5:17 pm

Oops, must be a bad flag somewhere. :)

edit: Should be fixed as of 0.9.15

hanako
Site Admin

#5 Post by hanako » Thu Jun 16, 2011 4:31 am

In the newest beta patch (0.9.19.1) there are a host of little fixes and features:

Wings should no longer cover the faces of your dates in dance photos

Various items automatically unequip when you put on your dance clothes

Yearbook photos are now based on the items you had on the day BEFORE the dance. So you don't have to choose between looking silly at the dance or not having your items.

Diary screen has had a small makeover including little tabs to jump to the start of each month (months you've already played through at least)

A handful of fixes for widescreen mode (a blank space on the yearbook screen, changes to buttons)

Please test these things out and let us know if you run into any problems. :)

perch

#6 Post by perch » Thu Jun 16, 2011 4:45 pm

I like the tabs for the diary. I did notice a few of the Grabiner detention entries still aren't doing the wrap around text so it'll say Detention - and then a trail of text about what happened.

hanako
Site Admin

#7 Post by hanako » Thu Jun 16, 2011 5:44 pm

Do you know which ones? We'll try to search through the code, but it's faster if you can point us to the right dates. :)

Spiky Caterpillar

#8 Post by Spiky Caterpillar » Thu Jun 16, 2011 7:26 pm

Also, diary entries are actually stored in the savegame, so upgrading doesn't (currently) change any entries that were already in the diary.

perch

#9 Post by perch » Thu Jun 16, 2011 9:28 pm

Okay then I took a saved early game and ran through it hitting all the detentions and when I looked back through there weren't any messed up entries.

So sorry for the false report, I apologize. I had one for Painful Lessons (Jan 10) from a June 2nd save game, but it didn't appear when I ran through it again just now.

Spiky Caterpillar

#10 Post by Spiky Caterpillar » Thu Jun 16, 2011 11:39 pm

No need to apologize - I kind of needed to go through looking for bugged diary entries anyhow now that they're all actually in.