Date Warp 2???

A visual novel in which a first date goes terribly wrong, leading to a mystery which must be solved before you vanish forever...
r3naki

Date Warp 2???

#1 Postby r3naki » Sat Oct 09, 2010 1:20 am

Hi im new here! Nice to meet all off u :D I'd like to know if there will be any Date warp 2 couse the first version was great!!! Really i liked that game and i'd like to see the secont version if u r about to create one :D

Sorry for my bad english (if there is any) :P

Ayanni

#2 Postby Ayanni » Wed Oct 13, 2010 1:59 am

Nah, it would kinda ruin the mood.
Another game with a similar style would be a better idea

Vanille

=(

#3 Postby Vanille » Tue Oct 26, 2010 9:03 pm

But... if that happens...

SPOILER:
then Janet will have to dump Bradley *sobs*

hanako
Site Admin

#4 Postby hanako » Wed Oct 27, 2010 2:15 am

I'm not likely to do any direct sequels to story-heavy games like Date Warp or Fatal Hearts. That's really more the realm of fanfic. (Which people are welcome to write!)

Spoiler:

A fandisc wouldn't be impossible, if the game became vastly popular. Something that isn't a full game in itself, but adds bonus scenes to show how the different romances might have developed after the end of the game. (Since the short time-frame of the main plot prevents them from getting into serious romance territory, especially with Nathaniel, who can't possibly return Janet's affections during the game itself. It's going to take time for him to get over Bianca.) But that would require some big investment, like Steam changing their mind about carrying the games, or a retail publisher picking it up, or something. Otherwise, time's better spent on new games.

Vanille

#5 Postby Vanille » Wed Oct 27, 2010 2:28 am

hanako wrote:I'm not likely to do any direct sequels to story-heavy games like Date Warp or Fatal Hearts. That's really more the realm of fanfic. (Which people are welcome to write!)

Hanako! Are you planning on making more games like Date Warp and Fatal Hearts?
I dont mean the type of game, I mean as in, the themes.
I love how misterious the stories are, that you never know whats exactly going on untill the very end. With lots of dramatic and dark endings..
If its you who writtes the stories.. I think you have talent.
I havent enjoyed games like those for a long time, and I mean it.
I played Yo Jin Bo, and it bored me to death.. most games like that bore me actually. Its so hard for me to find one that the story draws me so much into it. I really forget about reality when playing your games.. It's so much fun.

hanako
Site Admin

#6 Postby hanako » Wed Oct 27, 2010 2:40 am

Eventually, probably.

I have some vague notes on a dark historical fantasy concept which is tentatively planned for a future project, but it's not certain. I can never say exactly what will happen with any project not currently in production, as sometimes ideas fall apart once you look at them hard enough.

Vanille

#7 Postby Vanille » Wed Oct 27, 2010 2:49 am

hanako wrote:Eventually, probably.

I have some vague notes on a dark historical fantasy concept which is tentatively planned for a future project, but it's not certain. I can never say exactly what will happen with any project not currently in production, as sometimes ideas fall apart once you look at them hard enough.

Its okay, Its not my intention to make you feel like its some kind of duty just because you have the idea, as an artist I understand that completely, I often have big ideas that end up not being as good as I initially thought they were.
Or just lose interest.
But dark historical fantasy does make me feel all excited(!).
I'm so sorry if I sound like a fangirl. But I really do admire Hanako games.
Since years ago. :oops:
What kind of books do you usually read to have this kind of inspirations?
I'm sorry if its kinda nosy. You dont have to awnser obviously xD

hanako
Site Admin

#8 Postby hanako » Thu Oct 28, 2010 3:23 am

I'm the sort that goes into a used bookstore and comes out with a stack, so that's hard to answer. :)

Authors whose books I've actually bought new recently would include Jacqueline Carey and Lynn Flewelling.

Vanille

#9 Postby Vanille » Sun Oct 31, 2010 6:25 am

hanako wrote:I'm the sort that goes into a used bookstore and comes out with a stack, so that's hard to answer. :)

Authors whose books I've actually bought new recently would include Jacqueline Carey and Lynn Flewelling.

Heh ^^
If I ever find them around here Ill check them out then.

r3naki

#10 Postby r3naki » Wed Nov 17, 2010 7:31 am

Well..I will follow u at whatever game u create anyway :P i just liked Date Warp very mutch...Anyway ill be around too ;p

supergirl260

many ways to continue it if it ever was continued

#11 Postby supergirl260 » Tue Dec 21, 2010 12:06 am

what about all those other ppl in susan ending who where trapped in that messed up time bubble or whatever you call it how did they do does susan rember anything does any of the others remember etc many doors for future stories some that dont involve changing the main story

Ulrike

Re: Date Warp 2???

#12 Postby Ulrike » Fri Oct 21, 2011 1:10 pm

r3naki wrote:Hi im new here! Nice to meet all off u :D I'd like to know if there will be any Date warp 2 couse the first version was great!!! Really i liked that game and i'd like to see the secont version if u r about to create one :D

Sorry for my bad english (if there is any) :P

I really loved the way the characters were developed in Date Warp. But in general I like a lot of things about it :)
Last edited by Ulrike on Tue Jun 19, 2012 12:10 pm, edited 2 times in total.

cursebreaker

#13 Postby cursebreaker » Fri Nov 25, 2011 7:58 am

Too bad, but I really like the game though, the sci-fi theme was really interesting. I've had detectives and supernatural but I think this is the first sci-fi themed one I've played.

wowchic97

#14 Postby wowchic97 » Wed Jun 20, 2012 10:33 pm

I can't really see a sequel being made to this game, It seems like the game really ended well and no matter the ending it seemed to be a very period satisfying ending and I can't see how you would make a sequel of it without ruining the mood or taking it to far. It's best to leave you wanting more than to give to much and ruin something nice.
I would like to see a game with a similar style, I loved how Date warp played.

k24601

#15 Postby k24601 » Sun Jul 08, 2012 11:21 pm

I think a similar game would be nice but a sequel would have to really "have something" and even then - not sure if it would be great....I'm very much against the idea of a sequel. The game is fine as is and I feel that it doesn't really need a sequel and am worried that even if a sequel was made, that it couldn't possibly be as good as the original.....

Return to “Date Warp”