Is it worth it?

A visual novel in which a first date goes terribly wrong, leading to a mystery which must be solved before you vanish forever...
Schizoid

#16 Postby Schizoid » Tue Jun 07, 2011 9:16 am

Gasp! I loved Fatal Hearts. p.q It was the first game that I downloaded from Hanako Games. I'm biased. Hehe.

Anyways, I thought that Date Warp was an AMAZING game, and it had a lot of replayability. You kind of have to play through it multiple times in order to get the best ending, so...yeah! :'D Money well-spent.

Badcopter

#17 Postby Badcopter » Thu Jul 07, 2011 4:05 am

This game is far more worth $20 than most other games in its genre. I regretted shelling out 20 dollars for Love and Order, I tried the demo of Remember Me and knew that I disliked the writing and wishy-washy characters enough that it wasn't worth the full version, but this game is both very good and enough of a timesink that I'd say go for it.

If you don't feel like spending money, though, I'd recommend RE:Alistair and Chrono Days. RE:Alistair also has a nerdy protagonist, likeable characters and a mystery, and Chrono Days has likeable characters and time travel. They're obviously shorter, less complex, and in the case of Chrono Days not as graphically nice, but they're my two favorite otome games after this one.

Return to “Date Warp”