Favorite Character

A visual novel in which a first date goes terribly wrong, leading to a mystery which must be solved before you vanish forever...

Who is your favorite character in Date Warp?

Janet
10%
Bradley
14%
Alben
27%
Rafael
9%
Nathaniel
5%
Linds
35%

Total votes: 137

hanako
Site Admin

#16 Postby hanako » Tue Jun 01, 2010 3:44 pm

As was posted in another thread, the gallery is coming in an update when the caterpillar stops trying to set things on fire and finishes coding it. :)

Koori Odoriko

#17 Postby Koori Odoriko » Wed Jun 02, 2010 2:53 am

sayuri wrote:If I'm being totally honest, none of the endings seemed really complete. I would have like a little dialogue after the experiment with Bianca failed/stopped and maybe a kiss CG. I mean, there was the epilogue but it lacked the fluff.

Yeah a little CG to accompany the endings would've been quite nice.

Muse

#18 Postby Muse » Wed Jun 02, 2010 2:57 am

Koori Odoriko wrote:
sayuri wrote:If I'm being totally honest, none of the endings seemed really complete. I would have like a little dialogue after the experiment with Bianca failed/stopped and maybe a kiss CG. I mean, there was the epilogue but it lacked the fluff.

Yeah a little CG to accompany the endings would've been quite nice.

I can see both ways. While I love CG art in endings for a reward, I love reading about them too. A lot of CG endings don't explain much, but these explain things into the future, which is really nice.

azureXtwilight

#19 Postby azureXtwilight » Wed Jun 02, 2010 7:00 am

I love Alben the best, he's my tipe. And also his smile... :D

trilly

#20 Postby trilly » Tue Jun 08, 2010 12:47 am

I usually go with Alben type, and i liked him at first, but then Linds came and totally won my heart! :wink: Dialogue, attitude, looks - everything about him is just amazing ^^

lill_sweetty

#21 Postby lill_sweetty » Tue Jun 08, 2010 10:33 pm

I agree. All the endings seemed incomplete. There was less text than I was used to, no ending CGs, and very little mention of the romance, which was very disappointing, because I worked HARD to get her with Nathaniel, and there was literally one line: "Janet dedicated her life to lifting the darkness around Nathaniel. In time, she would succeed."

Something like that.

And obviously, my favorite character is Nathaniel! He's so sweet, and his conflict was sincere and naive - the distance between idealism and realism. I was sad that in both endings, he never had to deal with who his girlfriend REALLY was... Anyway, it also helped that his character design was obviously the best.

After that is of course Linds (ROLF) and Rafael, who aren't usually my type but their reincarnations this time was great. Again though, I felt there was a lack of depth. Interesting questions were raised and never explored. But at least with these 3 there was promise and a bit of delivery.

No more was this more evident than in Bradley and Alben, who were both my "usual type" but whom I felt no connection with this time around. Bradley, who has the interesting role of "outsider" in the equation and capable of unraveling the loop , was just kind of bland. Alben came across as pathetic and a poser.

Esphirisa

#22 Postby Esphirisa » Sat Jun 12, 2010 11:17 am

I voted for Janet (I mean, she's totally my ideal heroine!), but my favourite is Alben<3 Haha, and from this thread, it's easy to see what type of guys many people like :D

FantasyFan

#23 Postby FantasyFan » Sun Jun 13, 2010 3:09 pm

Janet, definitely. She's so much like me - she's a vegetarian, she cares a lot about her grades, she enjoys reading, and she's an individual.

Animelen

#24 Postby Animelen » Mon Jun 21, 2010 1:46 am

I love Alben and nATHANIEL i ONLY GOT ENDING 4 and 8 after playing it 2 times hmmm I ope theres another ending where I ahem janet can be with Alben or Nathaniel. I'm always so intrigued by mysteriuoos guys(Alben is just like me) and I am totally opposite of Nathaniel just like Janet. But I still want to keep playing the game!!

Kirroha

#25 Postby Kirroha » Sat Jul 10, 2010 4:13 am

I'm surprised by the number of people who like Alben. At first, when I first saw the guys in the opening, I thought Alben would be the type I like (white skin, black hair, he's pretty.), but his personality really really irks me. I do like the silent boy type who is dark/mysterious/etc but Alben is just a jerk with anger management issues. He's not the only one who has lost someone important to him, and the thing is, that 'someone important' is not even really lost anyway. Even nathaniel handled the situation much better than he did. Throughout the game, I really wanted to slap him. And he likes you if you are rude to others - which is a whole lot different from liking an independent woman who can stand up for herself.

... Ultimately, he just really irks me. And his endings were boring.

I did like the smoking scene though. It was the only one I liked, because the teasing was actually fun and playful.

sayuri

#26 Postby sayuri » Sat Jul 10, 2010 4:44 am

I see what you mean about Alben being a jerk but I've thought about it and here's what I think.

Alben is the most damaged guy. Linds has kinda accepted that life sucks. Raphael has God, Bradley has an objective to motivate him through life. I think Nathaniel was not really in love with Bianca. He fell in love with who he envisioned Bianca as and Bianca fell in love with the idea of loving Nathaniel. She realized that she wasn't truly in love with Nathaniel (forgive me if the facts are a bit hazy, I only played through Nathaniel's path once). Nathaniel is sad about Bianca but he isn't dependent on her like Romeo and Juliet. He accepted her death long before and has gotten through the worst of the grieving. Alben, however, is so reliant on Bianca that she is his only hope. As twins, they are halves of a whole. Bianca was Alben's role model in a way. He glamorized Bianca way more than Nathaniel ever did. Alben hates himself for how he treats people and what he allowed himself to become. He should have died, not her. Bianca is perfect and sweet and good. Why did the good one die when the selfish SOB got to live? He equates Bianca to all that is good and holy and the world wouldn't make sense if people like her were punished. He's not losing just Bianca, he's losing whatever balance he has in his life. That is why Janet and Alben's relationship is how it is. At the end Janet is such a wonderful person in his eyes that he would hate himself for killing her. In the end, letting Janet die for his own selfishness would be the same as dealing the final blow. He would be the same as what killed Bianca. From what we know about Bianca from Nathaniel's path she was a lot like Janet. The choices Janet makes, while sometimes rude, might sound just like Bianca. I don't like how Janet is a replacement for his sister but that's what he needs to pull the plug.

k24601

#27 Postby k24601 » Mon Jul 12, 2010 3:53 am

That's a very interesting take on Alben and you're right, he's the most damaged guy. I couldn't like Alben that much because he's a smoker and a jerk. (Like another person he was going to be or was my first choice because of his looks but then his personality and the surprise smoker thing totally cooled my interest in him) But I kinda get why he's a jerk and even though I can feel bad for him especially when you put his story out like that, I still can't really accept him. I guess its because Linds and Raphael (sp.?) have already won me over so much that the other guys seem dull in comparison.

emichan

#28 Postby emichan » Tue Jul 13, 2010 8:36 am

i don't think janet is like bianca, bianca was really girly and popular, i think janet is more like alben and thats why he likes her

fathskie

#29 Postby fathskie » Mon Aug 23, 2010 3:27 am

oh wow this is surprised me that many ppl actually like Alben
I really *can't* stand him! he's rude and a jerk (he even admit it himself!)
I can't respect the way he's throwing away his passion for art (and the nice attitude) just because people think it's... umm.. less-manly?

Linds also twisted, but his path is the most hillarious xD also, like Rafael says... he's smart and tough. And.. pervy. (I can see he shoulders alone that role for 'fan service', it's smart move that Hanako created a character with purpose as a major teaser!) He reminds me to Colonel Jade Curtiss from Tales of the Abyss... they were so much alike (minus the perv part)

Bradley... this is weird because he's the first character I played, which by default should be the best I connect with.. but I honestly can't feel the chemistry, he's so bland. Shouldn't suppose to.

Rafael is too sweet, my type of boyfriend, but definitely not a husband material. The perfect husband material should be Nathaniel!! He's trusting, caring, rich and really good looking!

My favorite would be so tied between Linds and Rafael so I can't vote. Good thing there's a Linds' good ending so I can get both of my two boys all together ^^

Hesquidor

#30 Postby Hesquidor » Sat Sep 11, 2010 9:55 pm

I've just completed Date Warp and I have to say; What a fun ride! I enjoyed it alot more than Fatal Hearts.

I have to say Bradly was my favourite. Though, with Rafael a close second.

While I enjoyed everybodys paths "bad boys" like Alben and Linds (though his fanservice was a hoot) really don't do anything for me, and I personally found Nathaniel to be kinda bland.

Return to “Date Warp”