The romance novel Linds recommends...

A visual novel in which a first date goes terribly wrong, leading to a mystery which must be solved before you vanish forever...
Lolyta

The romance novel Linds recommends...

#1 Postby Lolyta » Fri Nov 30, 2012 10:32 am

Maybe I'm the only one that didn't get the reference, but is this an actual book in existence, or is a made-up title that's a reference? So far as I can tell, it seems to be a combination of The Labyrinth and the book it was based on, Outside Over There. Which kind of makes sense to reference, given the plot of the game we're playing, but which doesn't relate in any way to the content of the book.

I only ask, because I'm kind of dying to read anything that Linds thinks would shock us! (I'm more than a little in love with his character!)

hanako
Site Admin

#2 Postby hanako » Fri Nov 30, 2012 11:44 am

In that particular case I think it was more a matter of us throwing together a handful of suggestive phrases and references to create a book that doesn't exist.

Spiky picked a title that sounded "vaguely portentious and cryptic", as he puts it, I picked a setting, then the "steamy bits" reference The Curious Sofa and the necklace, well, use your imagination.... :)

But while the sofa was a specific reference the book is obviously NOT that book.

Lolyta

#3 Postby Lolyta » Fri Nov 30, 2012 1:30 pm

Hehe, honestly that actually makes it even more cool - going for a title that sounded "vaguely portentious and cryptic" and ending up with something that really does reference Labyrinth - I was sure that that was intentional, haha!

It's pretty awesome when that kind of thing happens accidentally, aint it? :P

At any rate, ty for the quick response! Always nice to get some 'behind the scenes' info!

Return to “Date Warp”