A date warp movie

A visual novel in which a first date goes terribly wrong, leading to a mystery which must be solved before you vanish forever...

If Date Warp became a movie wouldyou go see it?

Um, Of course!!!
80%
Maybe....
13%
No.
7%

Total votes: 30

ark99k

A date warp movie

#1 Postby ark99k » Sat Aug 25, 2012 8:15 pm

I got bored today and started to play Date warp (which I have not played in a while) and when I got the resolution ending I thought wouldn't this make an awesome movie. Does anyone agree with me?
★Shining like a star!★

FantasyFan

#2 Postby FantasyFan » Sat Aug 25, 2012 9:34 pm

Which one is the Resolution ending again? It's been a while since I played it. Is that the true ending?

ark99k

#3 Postby ark99k » Sun Aug 26, 2012 12:08 am

Yeah.
★Shining like a star!★

FantasyFan

#4 Postby FantasyFan » Sun Aug 26, 2012 3:17 am

Ah, okay, just didn't remember what it was called. I remember the endings more in the sense of, "good Linds ending," "bad Alben ending," etc. and "true ending."

Anyway, yeah, I think a movie based on Date Warp would be neat. Not that it will ever actually happen, but it's a fun thing to think about.

summers1989

#5 Postby summers1989 » Mon Aug 27, 2012 5:08 pm

It sounds like a cool idea but movies based on video games always suck.
http://suburbantimewaster.wordpress.com

I play video games and review them.

hanako
Site Admin

#6 Postby hanako » Mon Aug 27, 2012 9:03 pm

Anime series based on visual novels happen quite a lot, but most of them are considered to be pretty disappointing, since obviously you can't have all the alternate plotlines.

... And then there's School Days.

(obvious disclaimer - No one has attempted to buy any rights from me to make any adaptations of anything. Just in case you were wondering. :) )

ark99k

#7 Postby ark99k » Wed Aug 29, 2012 10:01 pm

Out of curiousity which ending would most people want to see? I mean my favorite ending was the true one so I know which I would like. But I noticed a lot of people liked Linds, so.....
★Shining like a star!★

Amphigorey

#8 Postby Amphigorey » Thu Aug 30, 2012 7:19 pm

I don't think seeing one single ending would make much sense, because the way the story is structured the true ending only makes sense if you see all the ways it can go wrong.

I think it would be interesting, if an anime or something of the sort was made, if each time the story ended Janet would be sent back to the beginning where they show up at the house, and retain all her memories. And she'd realize that the way to solve the mystery is to get close to each guy, figure out all she can, and piece together the story that way-- just like the player does. And then it would end with the true ending, but you'd still get to see all the 'wrong' endings along the way.

Oki

#9 Postby Oki » Tue Sep 18, 2012 3:55 pm

hanako wrote:Anime series based on visual novels happen quite a lot, but most of them are considered to be pretty disappointing, since obviously you can't have all the alternate plotlines.

... And then there's School Days.

(obvious disclaimer - No one has attempted to buy any rights from me to make any adaptations of anything. Just in case you were wondering. :) )

Hooray for bad endings. But what would the catchphrase be?

Nice sister instead of nice boat? XD

Ariel Schnee

#10 Postby Ariel Schnee » Fri Oct 26, 2012 7:49 am

Amphigorey wrote:I don't think seeing one single ending would make much sense, because the way the story is structured the true ending only makes sense if you see all the ways it can go wrong.

I think it would be interesting, if an anime or something of the sort was made, if each time the story ended Janet would be sent back to the beginning where they show up at the house, and retain all her memories. And she'd realize that the way to solve the mystery is to get close to each guy, figure out all she can, and piece together the story that way-- just like the player does. And then it would end with the true ending, but you'd still get to see all the 'wrong' endings along the way.

I would love to see a 24 or 25 episode anime series made doing that!^_^
---

Signature

If you are a believer of Jesus Christ, and are 100% proud of it, put this in your sig!!

- Ariel Schnee, twin sister of Weiss Schnee, Loyal Servant of The Royal Pony Sisters Princess Celestia and Princess Luna... Forever Equestria!

Lolyta

#11 Postby Lolyta » Fri Nov 30, 2012 10:30 am

Funny, when I was playing through the resolution ending, all I could think about was how powerful it would look onscreen.
I think it would be kind of interesting to work as an anime series - each episode following a different girl, and each of those girls picking one of the 'wrong' endings until they've all been explored - and of course these girls all therefore end up in the Groundhog Day loop.
Then along comes our MC, in the finale, who, possible across a two-episode arc, leads us to the resolution ending.
Or, of course, it could be done in movie format, with the dreams we experienced in the game possibly being replaced with dream of the girls who've gone before, exploring the alt endings that way while still having a clear-cut MC from the beginning.
Either way, I'd be totally on board to watch something like this!

ark99k

#12 Postby ark99k » Tue Jan 15, 2013 11:14 pm

That sounds so cool! I also think that maybe every once in a while Janet will have a flash back of the other girls memeories........ :D
★Shining like a star!★

Elosva

#13 Postby Elosva » Thu May 16, 2013 12:56 am

honestly i dont think it would be a good idea, dont get me wrong i loved the game, some of the endings were vary moveing to me (didn't like the "true"ending myself, felt to much like a cop out) but trying to put it all together in a way that makes sense would just jumble the whole thing up, way to much confution, and trying to break each bit down by itself would cause to much info to repeat itself, it just wouldn't work out

ninive

Re: A date warp movie

#14 Postby ninive » Tue Feb 10, 2015 10:40 am

I'd love it, but I'm not sure it'll work out. My favourite ending is Linds good one, but you need to play Rafael bad ending first to really understand it. It could be told as Linds having a nightmare, but Rafael needs to mention his past as well.
It doesn't need to have all the endings, Nathaniel and Alben could be left out IMHO as long as their story is told somehow (they both say similar things about Bianca anyway).
[Linds is the one who cause the distorsion that brings Bradley and Janet there so you have to see his path to understand the story](spoiler)

I know I'm biased, Linds good ending is my favourite. It could be mixed-up with the true ending though. Janet isn't really pursuing Linds seriously anyway
Would be great it it had a prologue, maybe with Susan, playing through Linds bad ending. Or maybe it'll work better as an extra at the end?

HannahJan

Re: A date warp movie

#15 Postby HannahJan » Tue Nov 08, 2016 1:30 am

That sounds good. But i think it will be very hard as each player has their own incredible conception abt the game and characters, it's hard to satisfy any fan. if such movie is produced, i'll be eager to see it. :P

Return to “Date Warp”