Caravan ending-related dialogue?

In this sequel to Cute Knight, you have the whole kingdom to explore, and many secrets to find...
Wabbit

Caravan ending-related dialogue?

#1 Postby Wabbit » Sun Sep 12, 2010 5:51 pm

Once again I find myself making a topic. I think I setting a world-record. xD

Anyways, I promise this one's going to be short, or at least, I hope it will. This time the question relates to the Caravan ending, which is pretty obvious since the title mentions it.

What I'm stuck on is the dialogue relating to the Caravan ending. I clearly remember that in one of my other games I managed to get Soramu to suggest to Liling that she take her shop to the road. The problem is, I wasn't trying for that ending at that time, and I can't find the save file or remember anything regarding it.

I've been trying to get her to speak about it, but no matter what I do she won't budge. I've done every class/job at least once, even shoplifting, but without getting caught.
Is is the thieving sin that's preventing the dialogue, or is there something specific I must've done to get her to talk? When I finished the game without the chat option getting unlocked, I got Toymaker, so I'm sure I've got to so that first.

I'd appreciate any help I can get, and I hope this gets answered quickly because school's only two days away and I'm determined to finish the game before then. Thanks in advance. ^^

hanako
Site Admin

#2 Postby hanako » Sun Sep 12, 2010 6:39 pm

That dialog line is nothing but a hint to the player about how to achieve the ending. It is not blocked off by events and it doesn't unlock events.

(It comes up as a chat option if you've talked to Liling about various other things already and therefore know her well enough to voice an opinion, and have decent XP and Mind. But it's just chat, it's not a key event.)

Wabbit

#3 Postby Wabbit » Sun Sep 12, 2010 6:50 pm

Ah okay, for a moment there, I thought I was doing something wrong.

Could you suggest I do something in particular to make the ending easier for me to unlock? I've already tried once by taking every job/class, but that didn't prove to be successful. I'm pretty desperate (and slightly impatient) to get the final portrait in the gallery. T^T

hanako
Site Admin

#4 Postby hanako » Sun Sep 12, 2010 7:14 pm

If you've done every job and class *including adventuring!* you shouldn't have trouble getting the ending unless you massively overqualify for something else or run low on Dream. I can't give any better advice because it comes down to exactly what points you have in which other endings, and only your results file can tell that. :)

Wabbit

#5 Postby Wabbit » Mon Sep 13, 2010 9:38 am

Ah okay. I saw your post yesterday but I was to sleepy, so I couldn't manage to reply to it.

Thanks for the pointers though, I finally managed to get the ending today, apparently I had no idea that there was another job at the museum and I hadn't adventured in my last game. Now my gallery is finally complete.

I really enjoyed this game and I can't wait to get Cute Knight Deluxe. I'm sure I'm going to love that one as much as I've adored this one. You're really a great game designer Hanako! ^o^

Return to “Cute Knight Kingdom”