Help with one of the new endings? T^T

In this sequel to Cute Knight, you have the whole kingdom to explore, and many secrets to find...
Wabbit

Help with one of the new endings? T^T

#1 Postby Wabbit » Sat Sep 04, 2010 10:01 am

[Read at your own risk guys. If you don't want to spoil one of the endings for yourself, I suggest pressing the 'Back' button on your browser window.]

Okay, so the warning is up. No complaining. xD

Well, anyways, I was trying hard to get the Scientist (I'm still using spoilers because I'm sure someone's going to overlook the warning. Yep, I'm nice.) ending yesterday and spent a handful of hours on the attempt.

My character had around 225 Crafting, 200 Stamina/Strength, 50 Magic, 100 Mind, and over 100 Dream. I'm not quite sure about Attack/Defense, but I suppose they were around 150. Also, my Sin was 75 (only had the murder sin left since I was using the same save file for the Demon ending). Hanako mentioned yesterday that a clue to getting this ending was in its title, so I suppose it had something to do with the mad(?) scientist living in the volcano.

When I encountered her, I tried both the Apologize and the Attack options, and through the attack I tried both the 'Kill her' and 'Let her Go' options, but no immediate ending took place, so I waited it out until the three years were over, but I still ended up with Inventor.

I'm not sure if this has anything to do with it, but I was working for Cole at that time (so both the Smithing and Jewelcraft jobs) and the Farmer (Tending Crops - that was at the beginning of the game though). I worked at Fishing, Shoplifting, and Hunting, but only once or twice.

Any idea what I'm supposed to do? I'd really appreciate some hints. ;)

hanako
Site Admin

#2 Postby hanako » Sat Sep 04, 2010 7:54 pm

The crafting stat is tied to the Inventor ending, and for that matter, the lady in the volcano is also an inventor. Think of other stats and other characters...

Wabbit

#3 Postby Wabbit » Sat Sep 04, 2010 10:24 pm

Thanks for your answer Hanako! ^^ For some reason, I'm still confused. This is a little too hard. :oops:

Well, I've compiled a list of characters/professions to make it easier for me to think since my mind seems a little too fuzzy (it's 2AM here and I can't sleep T^T). Here's what I've got.

(I've tried my best to hide spoilers, but this stuff is mostly common knowledge. :()

List ahead --->

Village -

Mother - Chandler
Father - ???
Sekh - Dressmaker
Mikanda - Pastry Chef
Donald(?) - Farmer
Gordy - N/A

City -

John - Innkeeper
Duncan - Priest
Liling - Merchant
Armand - Cultural Center Employee/Owner(?)
Lottie - Guard
& The King/Queen (festival)

Frontier -

Betty - Forager
Helena - Hunter
Cole - Blacksmith
Sophia - Captain
Dimitri - Miner/Woodcutter
Unseen Character: Olga - Housewife(?)
"Al" - N/A
(Alaric/Alanna - Prince/Princess)

Beach -

Jenny - Snake Oil(?)
Morris - Fisherman
Deborah - Resort Owner
Unseen Character: Peter - Resort Owner(?)
Hidden Character: Mossam - Prince

Desert -
Tirtha - Philosopher/Healer
Venetia - Astrologist
Little Precious - N/A
Hidden Character: Taran - Prince

---> End of list. (No spoiler tags? T^T)

Well, I don't see any scientist there, and crafting seemed like the best answer. I suppose it has to do with either Armand (Mind/Artistry or Venetia (Mind/Magic)? Am I right this time or am I wrong once again?

I'd really appreciate an answer guys, and I'm sorry I'm not getting it. It just doesn't make a lot of sense unless there's something blaring obvious that I seem to have missed. Thanks in advance to anyone who could help with this!

hanako
Site Admin

#4 Postby hanako » Sat Sep 04, 2010 10:26 pm

She's an astronomer, not an astrologist. It does make a difference. :)

Wabbit

#5 Postby Wabbit » Sun Sep 05, 2010 9:03 am

My bad. I did mention my mind was fuzzy yesterday, didn't I? xD

Thanks for the pointer (at least, I think it was one)! I really appreciate it. ^^

Wabbit

#6 Postby Wabbit » Sun Sep 05, 2010 1:23 pm

Sorry for double-posting, but the 'Edit' button isn't working for me. I hope a moderator/administrator comes by and merges my two posts.

Okay, so I'm really getting annoyed now. I can't seem to open any dialogue with Venetia about being a scientist - in fact, I can't seem to open any sort of dialogue with her (except the star-spell one and the ones related to the Star Princess ending).

Taking care of Little Precious had me end up with Toymaker (I think ... ), so I tried taking as many lessons as I could because I thought that she might stop giving me lessons eventually and proclaim me an astronomer like herself, but that never happened because she never got tired of giving me lessons.

When I tried seeing if there's some sort of twist added to the Star Princess ending, nothing out of the ordinary happened, and the game ended with the previously mentioned ending. Juggling my work schedule between being a scribe (money, I need funds to study! xD) and taking her lessons, I ended up being a Healer!

I'm quite sure I'm doing something seriously wrong, or I've missed something that I should've done, but I don't know what that is. I'd really really really appreciate more insight into the matter, so thanks in advance.

hanako
Site Admin

#7 Postby hanako » Sun Sep 05, 2010 2:45 pm

Okay, spoilery time.

This is not a special event ending. This is an end-of-game stat-based ending. It sounds like you were doing roughly the right thing, except that the balance of stats ended up tipping you to a different outcome. If you check the results.t output for that playthrough you'll *probably* see points in Scientist. Unless you missed the minimum Mind cutoff, which I can't tell for sure, but I would assume you made it based on your described playthrough.

Try reloading a save from that playthrough and getting a little sin so that you're disqualified from Healer and you'll probably hit Scientist. There are other ways to earn points towards the ending but this should work. Probably. :)

Wabbit

#8 Postby Wabbit » Sun Sep 05, 2010 3:10 pm

Sin made me get the Government ending, but my mind was around 450 - 500. O.o
If there are other ways to achieve that ending, pointers would be so appreciated.

Thanks for all your help on this matter Hanako, and I'm sorry about this issue. It's just that I usually end up having most trouble with end-of-game endings. :(

hanako
Site Admin

#9 Postby hanako » Sun Sep 05, 2010 5:42 pm

Well, yeah, end-of-game endings are expected to be tricky because the math is hidden from you and there are so many variables that can add up to a million different things...

Again, peeking at your results.t file in a text editor can help you see which endings you're scoring points towards and how changes in strategy affect them.

If you want to avoid the Government ending, don't spend so much time at the Scribe job... if you were pushing yourself to earn all your money that way in order to take classes you must have done that job a LOT so it's not surprising it affected your outcome! :)

You can earn points towards this ending by collecting spell cards - NOT raising the Magic score but actually collecting the different spells

Wabbit

#10 Postby Wabbit » Sun Sep 05, 2010 10:10 pm

Ah okay, that just made the whole ordeal way clearer. Thanks for all your help until now Hanako! I'm really sorry I was quite a bother ... -.-;

I'll give it another try tomorrow morning then, and I'll see if the Edit button is going to allow me to actually change the post's content this time. xD I haven't gotten around to checking the results.t file yet, so I'll be sure to do that tomorrow morning too.

Again, thanks a lot for the pointers Hanako! I really appreciate your help. ^^

[Edit]

Yay! The edit button isn't acting up anymore. *happy dances*

I finally managed to get the Scientist ending. *happy dances once more*

The one annoying thing about it was gold acquisition. Working as a with Tirtha or Armand for too long made me get the Healer ending, while accumulating some sin caused me to get the Government ending (both cases mentioned previously). In addition to that, working as a miner decreased mind so it was a no-no, and working with Liling as a salesgirl only achieved the Toymaker ending.

Well, now that it's over I hope someone would benefit from this topic. ^o^

Return to “Cute Knight Kingdom”