Sequel wishlist

In this sequel to Cute Knight, you have the whole kingdom to explore, and many secrets to find...
fanscale

Sequel wishlist

#1 Postby fanscale » Sun Feb 14, 2010 2:04 am

What features/changes do you want to see in the sequel?

fanscale

More time

#2 Postby fanscale » Sun Feb 14, 2010 2:13 pm

Make the game last till you are 25. Please.

biscuit

#3 Postby biscuit » Sun Feb 14, 2010 7:35 pm

Please let your character be able to keep a recipe book/crafting list of different item combinations that you discover.

Xian_Frost

#4 Postby Xian_Frost » Sun Feb 14, 2010 9:35 pm

Longer play time, maybe an animal that follows you and helps with the main plot.

Naiomi666

cal

#5 Postby Naiomi666 » Mon Feb 15, 2010 7:05 am

mine would be to give a storyline to cal. or have more ending that are effected by stats

biscuit

#6 Postby biscuit » Mon Feb 15, 2010 5:35 pm

What do you mean, 'affected by stats'? I thought there are a lot already? *curious*

emichan

#7 Postby emichan » Mon Feb 15, 2010 6:37 pm

a sequel or an expansiON? i mean, a new game or changes to the existing game? because if it's a new game it would have new characters

biscuit

#8 Postby biscuit » Mon Feb 15, 2010 7:09 pm

I'll be honest, I was replying as if this were an expansion. For a sequel, I'd just wait and see what Hanako comes up with. I'm trusting like that.

fanscale

#9 Postby fanscale » Tue Feb 16, 2010 12:47 pm

Either sequel or redux version.
I think its good idea to make a fan wishlist, think of all the sequels that have bombed in the last decade.
I want to be surprised by new features, but I don't want the gameplay changed so much that I do not recognize it. Nicer graphics would be nice too and I'd be happy to pay a premium for that.
The game is definitely too short. I'd like to see more emphasis on stat building.

Dayphinye

#10 Postby Dayphinye » Tue Mar 02, 2010 5:46 am

More time.
More dungeons
Maybe like a secret dungeon with lots of monsters with treasure chests where you have to pick the lock (thiefy type adventure)

Ayanni

#11 Postby Ayanni » Fri Mar 05, 2010 12:26 am

The same art style for the whole game
PLEASE

It looks ridiculous with art from 5+ different artists with completely different art styles.
Also it makes the game lack an identity or atmosphere of its own.

-More interesting dungeons, maybe with more actions than just walking (swimming, climbing stuff, puzzles, preferably randomly generated stuff that won't get tedious)
-Better looking character sprites that don't stare right into your soul all the time.
-A personality for the protagonist. Maybe changing sightly depending of her birth month,
-Make the protagonist able to run or walk faster, I don't care much about the world map, but in the dungeons it was so painfully boring to explore.
-More stats based endings intead of just event ones, CKK didn't have as many endings as the first and also too many of them were event based, which made it boring to just play to see what kind of ending would you get.
-Interesting characters, specially male ones. Dunno, most of the characters in CKK did have personalities but still they were really boring, specially the guys. Out of all the characters, I only though that the hunter girl, the astronomer and the isles prince were interesting.
-Recipe list, where you could record the recipes that some other character told you, or the ones that you already discovered.
-Make the endings not only be picture + wall of text. More dialog, maybe more than one picture, or some small scene in the actual game would make the ending feel better, right now it's just too much effort only to fill the gallery with pretty pictures
-Play until the character is 25 years old, maybe 23, with different stuff appearing every year, or every certain amount of months.
-Better fights. I don't care if it's in first person view, but just attack + magic plus missing everytime if combat skill is not good enough is so boring.

And some random, less important stuff that I'd personally like
-Fragmented endings, telling how the character did in different parts of her life, maybe showing hew family, that she liked adventuring even if she was mainly an ordinary housewife, or actually showing the messes that were caused by a normally good ending + high sin,
-Less princess-y stuff, too many marry the prince endings, and even the true origin one was "star princess", that's so overdone and reminds me too much of Princess Maker anyway
-More difficulty overall.
-Making the birth month more important. I played both CKD and CKK with Leaves girls because they get higher HP and fighting skills so it's easier for them to get money, plus its easier to win at the festivals since they have more time to train, no matter what ending do I want for them.
-More funny endings, like the Oops or Slacker in the first game. CKK's Snake Oil was such a waste of space in the gallery and also boring to get, I had high hopes for that one since it was structurally similar to Oops
-Also, the serious endings should remain serious, I don't want my baddass adventurer fighting "evil mushrooms" or my paladin rescuing kittens from trees, it kinda kills the mood.
-More original story overall, CKK was too much like Princess Maker 2 story wise, with the girl being a gift from heavens destined to return there.
-Higher maximum sin, but less sin received with every bad action. Also being able to reduce sin like in the first game, but way slower (no just "sin is now 0"), this would make it easier and more fun to play adventurer, and while becoming evil is still a danger, becoming really evil is actually difficult, making those endings actually a challenge to get instead of a failure compared to the good ones.
-"Evil" endings, mad scientist, wicked wizard, bandit, leader of a wicked cult... Even if the character is actually good at what she does, the game should generally discourage you from these ones though, specially in the final dialogues
-Some kind of score telling how well you did in the game overall, after the ending. Preferably not actual shown score, but dialogues.
-Hidden variables, talents that the character can have and develop but not directly as the main ones.

Yuki

#12 Postby Yuki » Wed Mar 10, 2010 7:55 pm

Ayanni wrote:The same art style for the whole game
PLEASE
It looks ridiculous with art from 5+ different artists with completely different art styles.

That would possibly make the game take longer to complete than necessary, plus the same artist isn't always available.

sdragon12064

#13 Postby sdragon12064 » Thu Mar 11, 2010 5:30 am

Larger area to explorer, A few points to modify skills/stats/ say a dozen points where each point gives 1-x points to the stat or 1- (a slightly higher) y to the skill no sin for defending yourself if you tried to tame/ spook something and it attacks. A chance that if you succeed well on the tame check that the monster will join as a partner at least for a while. ability to learn healing spells, and slower loss of Dream, and more temples, perhaps with quests to reduce sin.

Ayanni

#14 Postby Ayanni » Thu Mar 11, 2010 9:22 pm

Yuki wrote:
Ayanni wrote:The same art style for the whole game
PLEASE

That would possibly make the game take longer to complete than necessary, plus the same artist isn't always available.

Longer than necessary? I think it's necessary for any commercial game to be properly polished in every way.
The suddent art style changes in Hanako's games make them look really amateur and cheap, even if they're fun to play.

fanscale

#15 Postby fanscale » Fri Mar 12, 2010 12:59 am

I think the art is great, it captures the feel of the game, it's just not very polished.

Return to “Cute Knight Kingdom”