Beta test of Cute Knight Kingdom for Linux and Mac

In this sequel to Cute Knight, you have the whole kingdom to explore, and many secrets to find...
Trazoi

#16 Post by Trazoi » Thu Apr 29, 2010 3:38 am

I'm afraid 0.9.25.1 is showing the same error on my Intel iMac:

Code: Select all

I'm sorry, but an exception occured while executing your Ren'Py
script.

ImportError: dlopen(./fasttint_macos_i386.dylib, 2): Symbol not found: _PyType_GenericNew
  Referenced from: /Applications/Games/Demos/CuteKnightKingdom-demo-0.9.25.1-mac/CuteKnightKingdom-demo.app/Contents/Resources/autorun/game/fasttint_macos_i386.dylib
  Expected in: /Applications/Games/Demos/CuteKnightKingdom-demo-0.9.25.1-mac/CuteKnightKingdom-demo.app/Contents/Resources/autorun/game/fasttint_macos_i386.dylib

While executing init code:
 - script at line 269 of /home/deekoo/code/renpy-projects/CuteKnightKingdom-demo/game/options.rpy
 - python at line 291 of /home/deekoo/code/renpy-projects/CuteKnightKingdom-demo/game/options.rpy.
[/quote]

Spiky Caterpillar

#17 Post by Spiky Caterpillar » Thu Apr 29, 2010 11:11 am

Hm. I'm not sure why it's failing to find _PyType_GenericNew in Ren'Py's Python; I've compiled a couple new builds (0.9.26-twolevel and -flat) with different options for the intel fasttint to see if either of those will work.

neothoron

#18 Post by neothoron » Thu Apr 29, 2010 9:49 pm

Played the demo alpha 0.9.25.1 on the same system.

Only "problem" I have seen is that sometimes, I get the following output:

[<ObjectInstanceBase: exit_monitor>, <ObjectInstanceBase: fx_transition>, <ObjectInstanceBase: girl_walker_fort>] 0 101
0.0 0.0 [] 500.0 300.0 -1.0
0.0 0.0
And whenever I save my game, I get, on the console:

open_w /home/{username}/.renpy/CuteKnightKingdom/saves/{Number}-{Number}-{savename}.sav
Otherwise, it seems to be working fine.

Trazoi

#19 Post by Trazoi » Thu Apr 29, 2010 11:06 pm

Spiky Caterpillar wrote:Hm. I'm not sure why it's failing to find _PyType_GenericNew in Ren'Py's Python; I've compiled a couple new builds (0.9.26-twolevel and -flat) with different options for the intel fasttint to see if either of those will work.
I've tried both, and I'm still getting the same "Symbol not found: _PyType_GenericNew" error trace messages for both builds.

Is there any more info I could send you to help diagnose the problem?

Spiky Caterpillar

#20 Post by Spiky Caterpillar » Sat May 01, 2010 3:02 am

I've tried linking it with yet another set of options for 0.9.27. If that doesn't work, the output of

otool -L CuteKnightKingdom.app/Contents/Resources/autorun/game/fasttint*
should tell me something about why it's failing.
(And if it fails with a different error message, otool -L for both 0.9.25/.26 and .27 should help even more.)

Trazoi

#21 Post by Trazoi » Sat May 01, 2010 5:07 am

Well, the good news is I'm not getting the same error message with 0.9.27. The bad news is I'm getting a different one. ;) A missing library with something to do with fasttint and/or SDL, maybe?

script.

ImportError: dlopen(./fasttint_macos_i386.so, 2): Library not loaded: /Users/user1/fat/renpy-deps/install/lib/libSDL_gfx.13.dylib
  Referenced from: /Applications/Games/Demos/CuteKnightKingdom-demo-0.9.27-mac/CuteKnightKingdom-demo.app/Contents/Resources/autorun/game/fasttint_macos_i386.so
  Reason: image not found

- script at line 269 of /home/deekoo/code/renpy-projects/CuteKnightKingdom-demo/game/options.rpy
 - python at line 291 of /home/deekoo/code/renpy-projects/CuteKnightKingdom-demo/game/options.rpy.

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

File "/Applications/Games/Demos/CuteKnightKingdom-demo-0.9.27-mac/CuteKnightKingdom-demo.app/Contents/Resources/autorun/renpy/bootstrap.py", line 260, in bootstrap
  File "/Applications/Games/Demos/CuteKnightKingdom-demo-0.9.27-mac/CuteKnightKingdom-demo.app/Contents/Resources/autorun/renpy/main.py", line 255, in main
  File "/Applications/Games/Demos/CuteKnightKingdom-demo-0.9.27-mac/CuteKnightKingdom-demo.app/Contents/Resources/autorun/renpy/execution.py", line 234, in run
  File "/Applications/Games/Demos/CuteKnightKingdom-demo-0.9.27-mac/CuteKnightKingdom-demo.app/Contents/Resources/autorun/renpy/ast.py", line 558, in execute
  File "/Applications/Games/Demos/CuteKnightKingdom-demo-0.9.27-mac/CuteKnightKingdom-demo.app/Contents/Resources/autorun/renpy/python.py", line 937, in py_exec_bytecode
  File "/home/deekoo/code/renpy-projects/CuteKnightKingdom-demo/game/options.rpy", line 291, in <module>
  File "gmapi.py", line 54, in <module>
  File "gmapi.py", line 45, in py_import_fasttint
ImportError: dlopen(./fasttint_macos_i386.so, 2): Library not loaded: /Users/user1/fat/renpy-deps/install/lib/libSDL_gfx.13.dylib
  Referenced from: /Applications/Games/Demos/CuteKnightKingdom-demo-0.9.27-mac/CuteKnightKingdom-demo.app/Contents/Resources/autorun/game/fasttint_macos_i386.so
  Reason: image not found

Ren'Py Version: Ren'Py 6.10.2e
The output of the otool command is:

CuteKnightKingdom-demo.app/Contents/Resources/autorun/game/fasttint_macos_i386.so:
	/Users/user1/fat/renpy-deps/install/lib/libSDL_gfx.13.dylib (compatibility version 19.0.0, current version 19.2.0)
	/usr/lib/libSystem.B.dylib (compatibility version 1.0.0, current version 88.3.9)
CuteKnightKingdom-demo.app/Contents/Resources/autorun/game/fasttint_macos_ppc.so:
	/Users/user1/desktop/shellslave/tmp/renpy-deps/install/lib/libSDL-1.2.0.dylib (compatibility version 12.0.0, current version 12.2.0)
	/Users/user1/desktop/shellslave/tmp/renpy-deps/install//lib/libSDL_gfx.13.dylib (compatibility version 19.0.0, current version 19.2.0)
	/usr/lib/libgcc_s.1.dylib (compatibility version 1.0.0, current version 1.0.0)
	/usr/lib/libSystem.B.dylib (compatibility version 1.0.0, current version 88.1.12)
Hope that helps!

Spiky Caterpillar

#22 Post by Spiky Caterpillar » Sat May 01, 2010 9:02 am

Ah, it's hardcoding library paths (AND I was stupid and failed to put SDL_gfx in the actual distribution). 0.9.29 should change the error yet again - or maybe even actually work. *crosses fingers*

Trazoi

#23 Post by Trazoi » Sat May 01, 2010 10:32 am

Great, 0.9.29 runs on my Intel Mac! That seems to have done the trick.

I'll test it a bit more; so far I've only tried clicking on each of the main menu items. "Exit game" works fine, as does the "Buy game" button (opens up the purchase page in my default browser). The options appear to work, although the music won't immediately start when I toggle it to on until I go back to the main menu (minor issue).

There is a crash problem with clicking on save or load game however due to a missing save directory. Here's the error trace:

script.

OSError: [Errno 2] No such file or directory: '/Users/trazoi/Library/RenPy/CuteKnightKingdom/saves'

While running game code:
 - script at line 725 of renpy-6.10.2/common/00library.rpy
 - python at line 729 of renpy-6.10.2/common/00library.rpy.
 - script at line 302 of /home/deekoo/code/renpy-projects/CuteKnightKingdom-demo/game/options.rpy
 - python at line 307 of /home/deekoo/code/renpy-projects/CuteKnightKingdom-demo/game/options.rpy.

File "/Applications/Games/Demos/CuteKnightKingdom-demo-0.9.29-mac/CuteKnightKingdom-demo.app/Contents/Resources/autorun/renpy/bootstrap.py", line 260, in bootstrap
  File "/Applications/Games/Demos/CuteKnightKingdom-demo-0.9.29-mac/CuteKnightKingdom-demo.app/Contents/Resources/autorun/renpy/main.py", line 310, in main
  File "/Applications/Games/Demos/CuteKnightKingdom-demo-0.9.29-mac/CuteKnightKingdom-demo.app/Contents/Resources/autorun/renpy/main.py", line 93, in run
  File "/Applications/Games/Demos/CuteKnightKingdom-demo-0.9.29-mac/CuteKnightKingdom-demo.app/Contents/Resources/autorun/renpy/execution.py", line 234, in run
  File "/Applications/Games/Demos/CuteKnightKingdom-demo-0.9.29-mac/CuteKnightKingdom-demo.app/Contents/Resources/autorun/renpy/ast.py", line 558, in execute
  File "/Applications/Games/Demos/CuteKnightKingdom-demo-0.9.29-mac/CuteKnightKingdom-demo.app/Contents/Resources/autorun/renpy/python.py", line 937, in py_exec_bytecode
  File "renpy-6.10.2/common/00library.rpy", line 729, in <module>
  File "/Applications/Games/Demos/CuteKnightKingdom-demo-0.9.29-mac/CuteKnightKingdom-demo.app/Contents/Resources/autorun/renpy/game.py", line 292, in call_in_new_context
  File "/Applications/Games/Demos/CuteKnightKingdom-demo-0.9.29-mac/CuteKnightKingdom-demo.app/Contents/Resources/autorun/renpy/execution.py", line 234, in run
  File "/Applications/Games/Demos/CuteKnightKingdom-demo-0.9.29-mac/CuteKnightKingdom-demo.app/Contents/Resources/autorun/renpy/ast.py", line 558, in execute
  File "/Applications/Games/Demos/CuteKnightKingdom-demo-0.9.29-mac/CuteKnightKingdom-demo.app/Contents/Resources/autorun/renpy/python.py", line 937, in py_exec_bytecode
  File "/home/deekoo/code/renpy-projects/CuteKnightKingdom-demo/game/options.rpy", line 307, in <module>
  File "rungm6.py", line 417, in <module>
  File "rungm6.py", line 308, in handle_events
  File "gm6.py", line 3963, in Room_MouseButtonDown
  File "gm6.py", line 2429, in RunActionGroupOn
  File ":event:#53", line 1, in <module>
  File "<string>", line 16, in __py_603_tmpfunc_4
  File "gmapi.py", line 2804, in script_execute
  File "<string>", line 1, in <module>
  File "<string>", line 17, in prepare_load_games
  File "gmapi.py", line 1922, in instance_change
  File "gm6.py", line 2521, in RunCreateEvent
  File "gm6.py", line 2429, in RunActionGroupOn
  File ":event:#0", line 1, in <module>
  File "<string>", line 9, in __py_603_tmpfunc_319
  File "gmapi.py", line 1731, in file_find_first
  File "/home/deekoo/code/renpy-projects/CuteKnightKingdom/game/renpy_glue.py", line 138, in listdir
OSError: [Errno 2] No such file or directory: '/Users/trazoi/Library/RenPy/CuteKnightKingdom/saves'

While running game code:
 - script at line 302 of /home/deekoo/code/renpy-projects/CuteKnightKingdom-demo/game/options.rpy
 - python at line 307 of /home/deekoo/code/renpy-projects/CuteKnightKingdom-demo/game/options.rpy.

Edit: Additional

If I manually create the save directory, saving and loading appears to work fine at least with a simple cursory test (I saved at the start of a game, saved again one week into the game, and can load between the two saves).

There is a weird glitch though if I save before creating a new game. If I load that save, I'll see the main menu screen with the info panels for a phantom girl "Sorami", date: 00/00/0 with HP 0/10 and MP 0/10 transposed on top of it. It doesn't appear to be a serious crash issue; I can start a new game albeit with the info panels showing and they'll revert when the game starts. (I can post or send you a screenshot if it helps).

Spiky Caterpillar

#24 Post by Spiky Caterpillar » Sun May 02, 2010 11:53 pm

Okay, there's a new build up which fixes the ability to save before starting and creates the correct save directory. (And also applies the absolute library path fix to PPC, so it should work on PPCs that aren't the one I'm using.) Thanks!

Trazoi

#25 Post by Trazoi » Mon May 03, 2010 11:36 am

I've tried generally playing 0.9.32 on my Intel iMac and trying out most of the interactions I can find. Everything seems to be working so far; I've been playing for quite a while without issue.

There was one crash without an error trace the first time I tried casting a spell in battle, but that crash doesn't seem to be repeatable; every other time I've tried to cast a spell it has worked fine.

liz4187

#26 Post by liz4187 » Mon May 03, 2010 3:45 pm

I just tried out several different scenarios and paths, everything seems to be working fine, I will let you know if I encounter anything strange

liz4187

#27 Post by liz4187 » Tue May 04, 2010 10:52 pm

script.

UnicodeEncodeError: 'ascii' codec can't encode character u'\uf70d' in position 30: ordinal not in range(128)

While running game code:

File "/Users/elizabeththomson/Downloads/CuteKnightKingdom-demo-0.9.32-mac/CuteKnightKingdom-demo.app/Contents/Resources/autorun/renpy/bootstrap.py", line 260, in bootstrap
File "/Users/elizabeththomson/Downloads/CuteKnightKingdom-demo-0.9.32-mac/CuteKnightKingdom-demo.app/Contents/Resources/autorun/renpy/main.py", line 310, in main
File "/Users/elizabeththomson/Downloads/CuteKnightKingdom-demo-0.9.32-mac/CuteKnightKingdom-demo.app/Contents/Resources/autorun/renpy/main.py", line 93, in run
File "/Users/elizabeththomson/Downloads/CuteKnightKingdom-demo-0.9.32-mac/CuteKnightKingdom-demo.app/Contents/Resources/autorun/renpy/execution.py", line 234, in run
File "/Users/elizabeththomson/Downloads/CuteKnightKingdom-demo-0.9.32-mac/CuteKnightKingdom-demo.app/Contents/Resources/autorun/renpy/ast.py", line 558, in execute
File "/Users/elizabeththomson/Downloads/CuteKnightKingdom-demo-0.9.32-mac/CuteKnightKingdom-demo.app/Contents/Resources/autorun/renpy/python.py", line 937, in py_exec_bytecode
File "renpy-6.10.2/common/00library.rpy", line 729, in <module>
File "/Users/elizabeththomson/Downloads/CuteKnightKingdom-demo-0.9.32-mac/CuteKnightKingdom-demo.app/Contents/Resources/autorun/renpy/game.py", line 292, in call_in_new_context
File "/Users/elizabeththomson/Downloads/CuteKnightKingdom-demo-0.9.32-mac/CuteKnightKingdom-demo.app/Contents/Resources/autorun/renpy/execution.py", line 234, in run
File "/Users/elizabeththomson/Downloads/CuteKnightKingdom-demo-0.9.32-mac/CuteKnightKingdom-demo.app/Contents/Resources/autorun/renpy/ast.py", line 558, in execute
File "/Users/elizabeththomson/Downloads/CuteKnightKingdom-demo-0.9.32-mac/CuteKnightKingdom-demo.app/Contents/Resources/autorun/renpy/python.py", line 937, in py_exec_bytecode
File "/home/deekoo/code/renpy-projects/CuteKnightKingdom-demo/game/options.rpy", line 307, in <module>
File "rungm6.py", line 424, in <module>
File "rungm6.py", line 338, in handle_events
File "rungm6.py", line 237, in debug_prompt
UnicodeEncodeError: 'ascii' codec can't encode character u'\uf70d' in position 30: ordinal not in range(128)

While running game code:

--------

I acquired this error while trying to figure out if I code access the area for cheat codes. I managed to get something that said enter code in the top left hand corner after hitting the fn, f10, and command . If my memory is correct it did not look the same as it had on windows (and may have been unrelated) I entered global.gold=5000 and as far as I can see there was no way to submit this. When I hit enter the first time it dropped down a line, if I hit enter again after this it did not change. The error occurred as I hit various keys to try and get out of that enter code area.

Hope this helped :)

Spiky Caterpillar

#28 Post by Spiky Caterpillar » Tue May 04, 2010 11:45 pm

Trazoi:
There was one crash without an error trace the first time I tried casting a spell in battle, but that crash doesn't seem to be repeatable; every other time I've tried to cast a spell it has worked fine.
Did it give you an Apple crash message or just quit? I haven't been able to reproduce the crash, though I did find an uninitialized variable in that area that might have been responsible - if it was, it's fixed as of 0.9.35.
liz4187: I acquired this error while trying to figure out if I code access the area for cheat codes. I managed to get something that said enter code in the top left hand corner after hitting the fn, f10, and command . If my memory is correct it did not look the same as it had on windows (and may have been unrelated) I entered global.gold=5000 and as far as I can see there was no way to submit this. When I hit enter the first time it dropped down a line, if I hit enter again after this it did not change. The error occurred as I hit various keys to try and get out of that enter code area.
I'll have the crash bug fixed in the next version. The Mac/Linux version uses a slightly different cheat console; as you noticed, you have to hit enter twice after entering a cheat code, and all codes that had 'global' in them have just plain 'g' instead. (Also, since command-FN-F10 is rather annoying, you can get to the cheat console using tab as well.)

Trazoi

#29 Post by Trazoi » Wed May 05, 2010 12:14 am

Spiky Caterpillar wrote:Did it give you an Apple crash message or just quit? I haven't been able to reproduce the crash, though I did find an uninitialized variable in that area that might have been responsible - if it was, it's fixed as of 0.9.35.
It did give a standard Apple crash message. Unfortunately my instincts were to close the box before I copied down the information (sorry). That was the only crash I've seen, and when I tried repeating the battle and spell casting it worked fine. However I think that was the longest session I had been running Cute Knight Kingdom - I was exploring the main towns, talking to all the people and trying all the dialog options and jobs available before I started the first random encounter fight.

liz4187

#30 Post by liz4187 » Wed May 05, 2010 1:05 am

another quick note I have been playing around with this for a bit now and absolutely none of the recipes work. I'm not sure if this is because its a demo or what but whether my cooking level was 10 or 300 nothing worked. I am going to assume that ending aren't activated for the demo as well because I performed everything necessary for the partner ending but the last dialogue from Helena never popped up

Update: crafting system is working so no trouble there, also I managed to "complete" the blacksmith ending... obviously no picture just the end of the demo message so it is possible I missed a step with partners. I am going to double check just in case but I had received the last dialogue from helena's mom (the she needs a companion, i think she likes you, etc) but not that last chat option from Helena