Beta test of Cute Knight Kingdom for Linux and Mac

In this sequel to Cute Knight, you have the whole kingdom to explore, and many secrets to find...
takemitsu

#46 Postby takemitsu » Tue May 18, 2010 10:59 am

(-_-)

Okay, I figured out what the problem was. Since I didn't use a desktop environment for the longest time I had to set the $BROWSER variable manually to 'firefox'. And lo and behold, as soon as I did that, Firefox loaded the URL correctly.
Sorry for taking up your time for this.

takemitsu

#47 Postby takemitsu » Fri May 21, 2010 4:08 pm

Linux version 0.9.76.1 (demo) and 0.9.75 (fullbuild):

Settng the game speed to fast, your character still walks at normal speed if you click on Gordy or Donald in your home town. You have to stand at about the same height as they do if you want to move at fast speed after clicking on them.

- - - -

In a location, if you click somewhere to move you character and then click on her feet while she is still moving, she stops but still has the walking animation. This happens regardless of the game speed.

- - - -

If Deborah has a chat icon and you do a job or take a class at the beach while the 10th month changes into the 11th, Deborah's icon stays after she disappears. The icon then disappears if you go to the world map or to the menu.

- - - -

In the demo and the fullbuild the hint message for taking a class is the same, while the one for the job is different. In the demo there is a bar you have to fill. In the fullbuild there is a text similar to the one for the classes.

- - - -

The price for taking a class can rise while you are taking one. So you suddenly have to pay more for each day. At least this happened with the Beauty Workshop at the beach.

chibichadiana

I tried beta mac

#48 Postby chibichadiana » Sat May 22, 2010 9:20 pm

I tried the alpha demo and that worked.
The beta mac demo didn't open up.

A text opened up saying this:

I'm sorry, but an exception occured while executing your Ren'Py
script.

ImportError: dlopen(./fasttint_macos_i386.so, 2): Symbol not found: _scale
Referenced from: /Users[name]/Downloads/CuteKnightKingdom-demo-0.9.76.1-mac/CuteKnightKingdom-demo.app/Contents/Resources/autorun/game/fasttint_macos_i386.so
Expected in: dynamic lookup

While executing init code:
- script at line 269 of /home/deekoo/code/renpy-projects/CuteKnightKingdom-demo/game/options.rpy
- python at line 291 of /home/deekoo/code/renpy-projects/CuteKnightKingdom-demo/game/options.rpy.

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

File "/Users/[name]/Downloads/CuteKnightKingdom-demo-0.9.76.1-mac/CuteKnightKingdom-demo.app/Contents/Resources/autorun/renpy/bootstrap.py", line 260, in bootstrap
File "/Users/[name][name]/Downloads/CuteKnightKingdom-demo-0.9.76.1-mac/CuteKnightKingdom-demo.app/Contents/Resources/autorun/renpy/main.py", line 255, in main
File "/Users/[name]/Downloads/CuteKnightKingdom-demo-0.9.76.1-mac/CuteKnightKingdom-demo.app/Contents/Resources/autorun/renpy/execution.py", line 234, in run
File "/Users/[name]/Downloads/CuteKnightKingdom-demo-0.9.76.1-mac/CuteKnightKingdom-demo.app/Contents/Resources/autorun/renpy/ast.py", line 558, in execute
File "/Users/[name]/Downloads/CuteKnightKingdom-demo-0.9.76.1-mac/CuteKnightKingdom-demo.app/Contents/Resources/autorun/renpy/python.py", line 937, in py_exec_bytecode
File "/home/deekoo/code/renpy-projects/CuteKnightKingdom-demo/game/options.rpy", line 291, in <module>
File "gmapi.py", line 63, in <module>
File "gmapi.py", line 54, in py_import_fasttint
ImportError: dlopen(./fasttint_macos_i386.so, 2): Symbol not found: _scale
Referenced from: /Users/[name]/Downloads/CuteKnightKingdom-demo-0.9.76.1-mac/CuteKnightKingdom-demo.app/Contents/Resources/autorun/game/fasttint_macos_i386.so
Expected in: dynamic lookup

While executing init code:
- script at line 269 of /home/deekoo/code/renpy-projects/CuteKnightKingdom-demo/game/options.rpy
- python at line 291 of /home/deekoo/code/renpy-projects/CuteKnightKingdom-demo/game/options.rpy.

Ren'Py Version: Ren'Py 6.10.2e

Spiky Caterpillar

#49 Postby Spiky Caterpillar » Mon May 24, 2010 4:25 am

chibichadiana wrote:I tried the alpha demo and that worked.
The beta mac demo didn't open up.

That should be fixed as of 0.9.78.1 - I'd forgotten to add the new source file to the intel mac build script.

takemitsu wrote:Linux version 0.9.76.1 (demo) and 0.9.75 (fullbuild):

Settng the game speed to fast, your character still walks at normal speed if you click on Gordy or Donald in your home town. You have to stand at about the same height as they do if you want to move at fast speed after clicking on them.

That's weird (I've verified it, but haven't been able to figure out why it's actually happening) and will probably wind up deferred 'till 1.1 at least.

In a location, if you click somewhere to move you character and then click on her feet while she is still moving, she stops but still has the walking animation. This happens regardless of the game speed.

Fixed.

If Deborah has a chat icon and you do a job or take a class at the beach while the 10th month changes into the 11th, Deborah's icon stays after she disappears. The icon then disappears if you go to the world map or to the menu.

Not fixed yet.

In the demo and the fullbuild the hint message for taking a class is the same, while the one for the job is different. In the demo there is a bar you have to fill. In the fullbuild there is a text similar to the one for the classes.

We're trying to see if the old text hint or the new one with the bars is better for users, so for a while there will be a different one in each build. (Also, it's more likely that a demo player needs the extra help.)

The price for taking a class can rise while you are taking one. So you suddenly have to pay more for each day. At least this happened with the Beauty Workshop at the beach.

Fixed as of 0.9.77.

Also, I put in a workaround for the browser extraneously quoting URLs (I believe the actual bug is in the interaction between Firefox, Gnome, and python 2.5's webbrowser.py, but I'm not familiar enough with the Firefox/Gnome codebases to tell what the Right Approach is - and at any rate there will be a lot of old Firefox and Gnome installs deployed even if they do change it.)

takemitsu

#50 Postby takemitsu » Mon May 24, 2010 11:29 pm

Linux version 0.9.78:

The bug where your character walks through buildings if you move her with the mouse while pressing an arrow key is back.
Here is the post where I first described this bug: http://hanakoforum.nfshost.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?p=4241#4241
The only difference in reproducing the bug is that at fast speed you have to release the key immediately after your character begins to move up.

Traceback of the demo version:

Code: Select all

script.

IndexError: list index out of range

While running game code:
 - script at line 725 of renpy-6.10.2/common/00library.rpy
 - python at line 729 of renpy-6.10.2/common/00library.rpy.
 - script at line 302 of /home/deekoo/code/renpy-projects/CuteKnightKingdom-demo/game/options.rpy
 - python at line 307 of /home/deekoo/code/renpy-projects/CuteKnightKingdom-demo/game/options.rpy.

File "renpy-6.10.2/renpy/bootstrap.py", line 260, in bootstrap
  File "renpy-6.10.2/renpy/main.py", line 310, in main
  File "renpy-6.10.2/renpy/main.py", line 93, in run
  File "renpy-6.10.2/renpy/execution.py", line 234, in run
  File "renpy-6.10.2/renpy/ast.py", line 558, in execute
  File "renpy-6.10.2/renpy/python.py", line 937, in py_exec_bytecode
  File "renpy-6.10.2/common/00library.rpy", line 729, in <module>
  File "renpy-6.10.2/renpy/game.py", line 292, in call_in_new_context
  File "renpy-6.10.2/renpy/execution.py", line 234, in run
  File "renpy-6.10.2/renpy/ast.py", line 558, in execute
  File "renpy-6.10.2/renpy/python.py", line 937, in py_exec_bytecode
  File "/home/deekoo/code/renpy-projects/CuteKnightKingdom-demo/game/options.rpy", line 307, in <module>
  File "rungm6.py", line 479, in <module>
  File "gm6.py", line 3951, in Room_StepKeyMouse
  File "gm6.py", line 2672, in StepKeyMouse
  File "gm6.py", line 2438, in RunActionGroupOn
  File ":event:#50", line 1, in <module>
  File "<string>", line 10, in __py_603_tmpfunc_52
  File "<string>", line 10, in start_map_move
  File "<string>", line 28, in scr_motion_compute
  File "gmapi.py", line 2444, in mp_grid_path
IndexError: list index out of range

While running game code:
 - script at line 302 of /home/deekoo/code/renpy-projects/CuteKnightKingdom-demo/game/options.rpy
 - python at line 307 of /home/deekoo/code/renpy-projects/CuteKnightKingdom-demo/game/options.rpy.

This bug was reintroduced in 0.9.23.

Your workaround with the browser problem seems to be working. This way I don't have to set up the $BROWSER variable manually.

Spiky Caterpillar

#51 Postby Spiky Caterpillar » Tue May 25, 2010 7:09 am

Argh! Gods below, that pathfinding bug is determined to sneak back into the code.

I *think* I've squashed this incarnation as of 0.9.79. Hopefully it won't find a new way to manifest.

takemitsu

#52 Postby takemitsu » Tue May 25, 2010 11:03 am

This pathfinding bug is still there. Here is a way to reproduce it:
Go to the capital city.
Press the up arrow key.
When you are a little bit above John click on him.
Hold the key for another second until you release it.
After your character has stopped try to move her with an arrow key and she walks through buildings and leaves the screen.

The last output at normal speed is

2606 speed 4.89842541529e-16 -4.0 now 0.0 0.0

At fast speed it is

2606 speed 9.79685083058e-16 -8.0 now 0.0 0.0

The game doesn't crash if you try to move with the mouse or the arrow keys after your character has left the screen.

Moving the character while she goes through buildings but didn't leave the screen yet fills your stdout with lists of numbers like before. Usually this results in landing on the map

Spiky Caterpillar

#53 Postby Spiky Caterpillar » Fri May 28, 2010 4:42 am

Far too much digging around in strange and mind-devouring APIs later, I *think* I've gotten the pathfinding bug fixed (as of 0.9.81). The fix may slightly increase latency if you try to move while you're already moving, but should sort itself out more cleanly. (Also, there's now more bounds checking, so if you *do* find a way to walk off the edge of the world it should no longer crash.)

takemitsu

#54 Postby takemitsu » Fri May 28, 2010 4:27 pm

Linux version 0.9.81:

No, no more pathfinding bugs that I'm reporting here. (At least I didn't find any)

At the outpost, Sophie claims that advanced exercise classes cost 50 gold a day, but in reality it's 60 gold a day.
- - -

If one of your skills is really, really high and you take a class to train it, the bar empties each time you exert until it grows downward. Concentrating works without problems.
I don't know how high exactly that skill needs to be before this behaviour arises. It seems that if only one skill is trained, it needs to be somewhat above 250. If a class trains several skills, it seems to depend on how high the other skills are. But I guess that in general the skill needs to be at least somewhat above 250 and depening on the other skills it may need to be as high as 300 and above.
If the highness of a skill is getting closer to the point where this behaviour arises, but did not arrive there yet, filling the bar with extertion becomes very difficult to nearly impossible. In this state it's much easier to fill the bar with concentration and can even be the only way.
- - - -

If one of your skills is higher than the bar at classes and jobs displays, that white glowing point moves beyond that bar which can look a little bit strange.

liz4187

#55 Postby liz4187 » Tue Jun 01, 2010 7:59 pm

Game won't allow me to fight the demon spider

script.

AttributeError: 'str' object has no attribute 'get_playing'

While running game code:
- script at line 303 of /home/deekoo/code/renpy-projects/CuteKnightKingdom/game/options.rpy
- python at line 308 of /home/deekoo/code/renpy-projects/CuteKnightKingdom/game/options.rpy.

File "/Users/elizabeththomson/Downloads/CuteKnightKingdom-0.9.41-mac/CuteKnightKingdom.app/Contents/Resources/autorun/renpy/bootstrap.py", line 260, in bootstrap
File "/Users/elizabeththomson/Downloads/CuteKnightKingdom-0.9.41-mac/CuteKnightKingdom.app/Contents/Resources/autorun/renpy/main.py", line 310, in main
File "/Users/elizabeththomson/Downloads/CuteKnightKingdom-0.9.41-mac/CuteKnightKingdom.app/Contents/Resources/autorun/renpy/main.py", line 93, in run
File "/Users/elizabeththomson/Downloads/CuteKnightKingdom-0.9.41-mac/CuteKnightKingdom.app/Contents/Resources/autorun/renpy/execution.py", line 234, in run
File "/Users/elizabeththomson/Downloads/CuteKnightKingdom-0.9.41-mac/CuteKnightKingdom.app/Contents/Resources/autorun/renpy/ast.py", line 558, in execute
File "/Users/elizabeththomson/Downloads/CuteKnightKingdom-0.9.41-mac/CuteKnightKingdom.app/Contents/Resources/autorun/renpy/python.py", line 937, in py_exec_bytecode
File "renpy-6.10.2/common/00library.rpy", line 729, in <module>
File "/Users/elizabeththomson/Downloads/CuteKnightKingdom-0.9.41-mac/CuteKnightKingdom.app/Contents/Resources/autorun/renpy/game.py", line 292, in call_in_new_context
File "/Users/elizabeththomson/Downloads/CuteKnightKingdom-0.9.41-mac/CuteKnightKingdom.app/Contents/Resources/autorun/renpy/execution.py", line 234, in run
File "/Users/elizabeththomson/Downloads/CuteKnightKingdom-0.9.41-mac/CuteKnightKingdom.app/Contents/Resources/autorun/renpy/ast.py", line 558, in execute
File "/Users/elizabeththomson/Downloads/CuteKnightKingdom-0.9.41-mac/CuteKnightKingdom.app/Contents/Resources/autorun/renpy/python.py", line 937, in py_exec_bytecode
File "/home/deekoo/code/renpy-projects/CuteKnightKingdom/game/options.rpy", line 308, in <module>
File "rungm6.py", line 448, in <module>
File "rungm6.py", line 324, in handle_events
File "gm6.py", line 3964, in Room_MouseButtonDown
File "gm6.py", line 2429, in RunActionGroupOn
File ":event:#53", line 1, in <module>
File "<string>", line 26, in __py_603_tmpfunc_14
File "<string>", line 23, in access_dialog
File "gmapi.py", line 1621, in execute_string
File "<string>", line 1, in <module>
File "gmapi.py", line 2871, in sound_stop
File "gm6.py", line 102, in Stop
AttributeError: 'str' object has no attribute 'get_playing'

While running game code:
- script at line 303 of /home/deekoo/code/renpy-projects/CuteKnightKingdom/game/options.rpy
- python at line 308 of /home/deekoo/code/renpy-projects/CuteKnightKingdom/game/options.rpy.

Before recieving the ending pic and description for each even ending (havent done any natural endings yet) there is a picture of the goblin and mossam shown first. Additionally the gallery originally started showing every ending picture, if i hadn't achieved it the picture would be displayed but the words picture not yet unlocked would appear over it. Then after a few endings it returned to normal black over pictures not achieved with the words over it.... now it has returned to showing every picture with 'not yet unlocked' over listed if it wasnt achieved.

hanako
Site Admin

#56 Postby hanako » Tue Jun 01, 2010 8:06 pm

9.41? that's WAY many versions ago. To the best of my knowledge the demon spider crash was fixed several builds back. :)

liz4187

#57 Postby liz4187 » Tue Jun 01, 2010 8:52 pm

I have the newest version. It seems that the wanderer ending can't be achieved now though. With a save file I used to achieve this ending on my old build I continually get star princess even though I am sure I have met the requirements

Spiky Caterpillar

#58 Postby Spiky Caterpillar » Wed Jun 09, 2010 12:21 pm

I got Wanderer on a pre-0.9.83 test build - can you upload the save file you were using to http://spikycaterpillar.dreamhosters.com/savegame-upload.html ?

Return to “Cute Knight Kingdom”