Resisting the Demon-Spider?

In this sequel to Cute Knight, you have the whole kingdom to explore, and many secrets to find...
Wabbit

Resisting the Demon-Spider?

#1 Post by Wabbit » Thu Feb 11, 2010 9:08 am

Hey there everyone, I have yet another question to ask. ^^'

I've been trying to defeat the Demon-Spider Boss in order to get the Adventurer Ending (I read that somewhere on this forum), but I keep failing miserably. :(

Is there any armor/weapon/jewelery that resists the poison he induces into you (also know as infection)? What's the best way to finish him off, is it Magic or Attack? As in, is there a charm which works best when used against him, or should I get a better weapon?

Any help would really be appreciated, so thanks in advance to whoever replies!

biscuit

#2 Post by biscuit » Fri Feb 12, 2010 1:29 am

I managed to beat him while wearing basic plate armor and using a sword, but I chowed down on lots of nutty truffles and mushroom pate beforehand. That seemed to help my resistance.

I hope this helps!

Wabbit

#3 Post by Wabbit » Fri Feb 12, 2010 6:29 am

Thanks biscuit, I'll be trying that out soon. ^^

[EDIT]

I just cooked those two restoratives. It doesn't really say that they resist infection, and the only common thing between them was 'Special'. Oh well, I'll be raising my attack level now. It's going to take a while.

hanako
Site Admin

#4 Post by hanako » Sun Mar 14, 2010 12:22 am

Try looking for food and items whose descriptions mention Nature.

Ayanni

#5 Post by Ayanni » Mon Mar 15, 2010 8:49 pm

Start in "Leaves" month, take exercise classes until you reach "advanced", funding them by working at mining, jewel making or weapons crafting. Then take a bunch of dance classes, until "advanced". Once you have 200 of more in both strength and luck, take a few combat classes (probably until the regular level), and pretty much every monster will be a breeze.
Some healing items would be nice too but anyway you'll have about 200 hp.

Also, kill everything on sight, specially the thieves, to get more items and money. The thieves often have nice armor and weapons.

aya_lyka

#6 Post by aya_lyka » Sun Apr 04, 2010 9:25 am

im also having the same problem. i have the mystic brooch or something, i have flametongue sword and Tank Armour and i still keep being a minion. do i need to change my outfit or i just need to stack up on items?

chi7p1

#7 Post by chi7p1 » Mon Apr 26, 2010 9:29 am

I use the vine sword. Works perfectly :)

bjoycefamily

Used clover and the vine sword

#8 Post by bjoycefamily » Mon Apr 26, 2010 4:55 pm

Attack/Defense was moderate, I think I took a few advanced Magic classes, but they weren't nearly up to full. Mystic leather, full HP (over 100 for both HP and MP), and using clover spell with nature wand did the trick. Plus I think I made the cashew beef chile.

pichote

#9 Post by pichote » Tue Apr 27, 2010 9:57 pm

SOPHIA: The best approach is not to allow them to poison you in the first place. :wink: