Don't Like the User Interface...

In this sequel to Cute Knight, you have the whole kingdom to explore, and many secrets to find...
CuteKnight

Don't Like the User Interface...

#1 Post by CuteKnight » Tue Nov 24, 2009 2:21 pm

I don't like the way jobs/schooling works. I like them in principle but I hate how it takes forever to finish a week and you can't even do other things while it's going on because you have to exert or concentrate. I'd like it better if it wasn't in real time and you could just exert/concentrate to fill the bar and then click on next day.

I also don't like how flash forwarding through previously seen text is glacially slow and you have to do it with every new game if you want see if there is new chat text for characters...

It's too bad because there's a lot to like but having to slog through jobs/schooling is a dealbreaker :cry:

hanako
Site Admin

#2 Post by hanako » Tue Nov 24, 2009 2:27 pm

I'd like it better if it wasn't in real time and you could just exert/concentrate to fill the bar and then click on next day.
It is actually planned for an update to allow you to skip ahead to the next day, I'm just working on how best to make this work in the interface.
I also don't like how flash forwarding through previously seen text is glacially slow
Have you turned on the setting in the menu to fast-skip through text you've seen before?

If you've done that and the text is STILL glacially slow, your computer may be struggling to run the game at a decent speed.

WodashGSJ

#3 Post by WodashGSJ » Tue Nov 24, 2009 10:30 pm

I wouldn't call it glacially slow myself, but it certainly isn't what I think of when I tick an option that says "fast text". Normally those options result in displaying a whole paragraph instantly, while yours still goes for the slow word-by-word drawing.

hanako
Site Admin

#4 Post by hanako » Tue Nov 24, 2009 10:42 pm

True. It's designed so that you can catch a glimpse of what's being said and remember what the conversation is about without having to actually read through it all paying attention.

Using the new fast gamespeed adjustment will also speed it up a little bit more.