Random desert teleport bug (apparently fixed)

In this sequel to Cute Knight, you have the whole kingdom to explore, and many secrets to find...
hanako
Site Admin

Random desert teleport bug (apparently fixed)

#1 Postby hanako » Sat Nov 14, 2009 3:25 am

If anyone encounters the problem of being teleported somewhere really strange on the world map, please post here and if possible let me know when you purchased or last updated your game. I have put an update up earlier today that I think might fix it, but many people will have purchased prior to that. (You should be able to re-download to get a new version. Your save games will not be affected.)

If you got your game in the last few hours and it still happens, I need to know so I can try something else. :)

If you DO get stuck in a weird location, you can save your game and come get a fix, there is a cheat code that will teleport you back to a normal position. But like I said, if you got your game in the past few hours and this happens, LET ME KNOW before you fix it, because I need to make this stop happening.

Hit F10 to bring up the cheat code box
Type:
girl_walker_worldmap.x = 1000; girl_walker_worldmap.y = 500;
and then click on OK.
Last edited by hanako on Fri Mar 26, 2010 10:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

sayuri

#2 Postby sayuri » Sat Nov 14, 2009 5:10 am

Haha, that happened to me. Except my screen turned grey after and I didn't get to save :oops:. Another teensy little bug is that after Jewlerymaking is availible as a job from the blacksmith, the wages both say ten. I though this was because I turned down his present/proposal (poor guy :P). Except the Jewlerymaking now pays 15 gold instead. Is that a bug?

hanako
Site Admin

#3 Postby hanako » Sat Nov 14, 2009 5:24 am

Yes, it was because you turned him down, and oops, looks like I forgot to put that code in the other place... Jewelry should pay 10 as well, I'll fix that shortly. :)

Did you get the random teleport with a recent copy or an older one? (Unless you re-downloaded, yours should be from before the fix.)

sayuri

#4 Postby sayuri » Sat Nov 14, 2009 6:19 am

I downloaded the game two days ago, so I'll download the patch.

eiriene

#5 Postby eiriene » Sat Nov 14, 2009 6:30 am

It's not the same bug, but I have another one for you.

I was in the Desert Dungeon. I unlocked the spider-webbed floor. I spoke to the spider. I said I'd fight him. And then all of a sudden, I was walking OUTSIDE the walls of the dungeon floor, on the black. I navigated around for awhile, got to the left edge of the screen, and got the following error message (I have copied it down for your debugging), which forced me to quit the game.

ERROR in
action number 1
of Step Event
for object cave_maptrack;

Error in code at line 39:

global.lvl5map[sx, xy] = 1;

at position 18: Negative array index</quote>

hanako
Site Admin

#6 Postby hanako » Sat Nov 14, 2009 4:43 pm

Argh. (Don't you love it when computers do completely illogical things?)

Well, I've put in ANOTHER update that will hopefully make sure that can't happen, although I can't see how that could possibly happen in the first place...

Anyway, despite my grumbling, please do report these bugs when you see them! :) Hopefully with enough hammering they'll stop happening.

Luaim

#7 Postby Luaim » Sun Jan 17, 2010 10:33 am

when I ran out of Dreams, the game suddenly jumped back to the desktop..I wonder if this is a bug :?:

Return to “Cute Knight Kingdom”