Marriage Options (spoilers)

In this sequel to Cute Knight, you have the whole kingdom to explore, and many secrets to find...
perch

#31 Post by perch » Sun Nov 15, 2009 10:01 pm

I've found the Blacksmith, John the Tavern owner, housewife and candlemaker so far.

For Tavern Owner once you've done the animal dungeon in the north and the sewer dungeon he'll want to hear of your exploits. A little while later when I went back to the city he had another chat option and asked for marriage. I said yes the first time and got that ending, but unfortunately my sin was high (trying to adventure for the gordy ending) and I ended up getting a bittersweet ending. I haven't said yes after getting my sin removed so I don't know what the dialog change is (I hope there's one, otherwise what a sad ending).

Question 1: Does anyone know how to resolve Armand/Morris? I've gotten to through enough to know that they love each other but Armand won't leave the capital and Morris won't leave the beach. Also props Hanako for putting in a gay couple. Unexpected but great for my character to have that side quest to try and get them together. Never mind, I unexpectedly had the answer in my items.

Question 2: Anyone have any tips for Helena the hunter? I've gone hunting with her, had a few blush interactions, but she hasn't wanted to chat in a while. I know when I was doing the blacksmith ending that at one point she wants me to identify an object for her and that part I haven't done again (I don't have a high enough crafting yet). Any suggestions?

I'm currently saving my game and trying to work towards the Gordy, Mossus & Taram endings (by back loading as I get each ending).

liz4187

#32 Post by liz4187 » Sun Nov 15, 2009 11:16 pm

Out of curiosity how did you resolve Armand/Morris

I got to the part where they talk about how the other won't move once but then couldn't recreate it when I went beck on another file

perch

#33 Post by perch » Sun Nov 15, 2009 11:20 pm

liz4187 wrote:Out of curiosity how did you resolve Armand/Morris

I got to the part where they talk about how the other won't move once but then couldn't recreate it when I went beck on another file
You have to have won the dance contest during the festival and then visit Armand after the point you're at and a new option will open up.

sayuri

#34 Post by sayuri » Mon Nov 16, 2009 1:01 am

Aletea wrote:
sayuri wrote:I *think* you can marry the blacksmith. He told me he liked me but I turned him down :roll:. And if anybody else is stuck on Al I know how to get past the painting conversation.
I can't get past the mutual-painting thing. I've tried it with her in a party dress, and with her in armor, and can't figure out what the next step is after that.
After completing the painting conversation go to the Midsummer Faire. Enter the dance competition there and there should be a message about Al.

Braidybunch123

#35 Post by Braidybunch123 » Mon Nov 16, 2009 2:29 am

liz4187 wrote:In regards to Taran It sounds like you already bumped into him at the Astronomy class so I will go ahead and tell you to go to the dance competition at the festival.

Cal I never figured out :)

I did andhe's now standing in the desert. I've already had the chat option to dance with him, but after that he has nothing else to say. How do you open up another chat option with him?

liz4187

#36 Post by liz4187 » Mon Nov 16, 2009 12:57 pm

Ah sorry It has been awhile since I played, If I am remembering correctly...

Go to the festival a second time... I'm pretty sure the ending comes after the festival

perch

#37 Post by perch » Mon Nov 16, 2009 3:23 pm

Braidybunch123 wrote:
liz4187 wrote:In regards to Taran It sounds like you already bumped into him at the Astronomy class so I will go ahead and tell you to go to the dance competition at the festival.

Cal I never figured out :)

I did andhe's now standing in the desert. I've already had the chat option to dance with him, but after that he has nothing else to say. How do you open up another chat option with him?
For Taram:

I couldn't get this one until I made sure to have seen him at the museum in the city and help him with a book question (he gave me a flower), two or three times at the magic trainer when I was a scribe (from him being hurt until I found out he was going there to train) and when I either took classes or babysat for the astronomer and talked to him after that. Then I won the dance contest and was able to do all his interactions in the desert when he's standing there.

Bobblegra

#38 Post by Bobblegra » Tue Nov 17, 2009 10:33 pm

If you dance with Taran and trip does that mean you don't have enough dance skill to marry him? Would studying dance fix this or is it already too late?

emichan

#39 Post by emichan » Wed Nov 18, 2009 1:04 am

i think he only asks you to dance once, if you don't dance well then that's probably the end... i'm not sure though, maybe after another festival?

elenora

#40 Post by elenora » Thu Nov 19, 2009 8:15 am

Could anyone help me a bit with this question, please? After I saw Alanna at the Midsummer festival and then go back to talk to Al, I was able to talk to both siblings. At that point, if I refuse Al's courtship, is there any chance for me to court Alanna instead?

If not, is these any option in the game for me to court Alanna or vice versa?

Thank you very much for the help.

emichan

#41 Post by emichan » Thu Nov 19, 2009 11:22 am

there is an ending with Alanna but I'm not sure if it counts as courting or not... look at the 'prime minister' ending

elenora

#42 Post by elenora » Fri Nov 20, 2009 4:40 am

Thanks, emichan. I actually was looking for possible ending like Princess, just with a little quirk. But now that I know it is not possible, that is fine. Thanks again.

gladi

#43 Post by gladi » Fri Nov 20, 2009 4:08 pm

perch wrote: Question 2: Anyone have any tips for Helena the hunter? I've gone hunting with her, had a few blush interactions, but she hasn't wanted to chat in a while. I know when I was doing the blacksmith ending that at one point she wants me to identify an object for her and that part I haven't done again (I don't have a high enough crafting yet). Any suggestions?
I looked into matter and there are two events with Helena outside her job- one if you work at a beach as a dancer, though it is doubtful she appreciates it (but I do not know I never experienced the even in-game) and if you do jewelcrafting (you need over 60 magic). Also there seems to be an conversation option with Betty, who will push you two together. Furthermore- if I am reading things correctly, you must have had told Helena that she is beautiful when Alaric asks to paint her.

perch

#44 Post by perch » Fri Nov 20, 2009 8:08 pm

Hmmm Okay thank you Gladi. I wonder if they mean the blacksmith interactions and whether you have to reject all his advances...in which case there's also a blacksmith interaction at the city in the tavern too and one at the beach vacation lady.

I'll test these while also interacting with Betty a lot (she has a ton of dialog). Thank you!

Dreije

Speaking to Cal A Second Time

#45 Post by Dreije » Fri Nov 20, 2009 10:40 pm

After you've spoken to Cal at the clothing store,

Spoiler:Work with the chef for a while and eventually he will stop by and say hi and make you blush. If you go back to the clothing store, he will try to return his fiance's dress. Offer to buy it, he will tell you you're sweet and make you blush. Not sure what's next, but I'm working on it.
Last edited by Dreije on Sat Nov 21, 2009 6:54 am, edited 3 times in total.