Cute Knight Kingdom

In this sequel to Cute Knight, you have the whole kingdom to explore, and many secrets to find...
hanako
Site Admin

#31 Post by hanako » Wed Nov 11, 2009 4:30 am

Huh. Does this happen a lot, or just one time? I'm not currently able to replicate that behavior. (And I've tried a lot!)

Is it showing the worldmap-portion of the desert, or the desert oasis?

I may be able to get your character unstuck via cheat codes, but I'm not sure how you managed to get there in the first place.

Assuming that it's showing the worldmap but your character is not visible:

Hit F10 to bring up the cheat code box
Type:
girl_walker_worldmap.x = 1000; girl_walker_worldmap.y = 500;
and then click on OK.

This should teleport you back to a walkable position.

However, if this keeps happening, something REALLY WEIRD is wrong and the best next step I can suggest would be to send me one of your savegames where you're stuck off the screen.

liz4187

#32 Post by liz4187 » Wed Nov 11, 2009 5:19 am

I bought the game for my dads pc (I couldn't resist :D ) but I was also wondering whether and when a guide would be out with the possible endings and maybe a couple of hints ;)

earringfan

#33 Post by earringfan » Wed Nov 11, 2009 9:12 am

Thanks, that fixed it! The error occurs randomly, but it's happened a few times. Maybe it's just my computer... Anyway, thanks again for the help!
hanako wrote:Huh. Does this happen a lot, or just one time? I'm not currently able to replicate that behavior. (And I've tried a lot!)

Is it showing the worldmap-portion of the desert, or the desert oasis?

I may be able to get your character unstuck via cheat codes, but I'm not sure how you managed to get there in the first place.

Assuming that it's showing the worldmap but your character is not visible:

Hit F10 to bring up the cheat code box
Type:
girl_walker_worldmap.x = 1000; girl_walker_worldmap.y = 500;
and then click on OK.

This should teleport you back to a walkable position.

However, if this keeps happening, something REALLY WEIRD is wrong and the best next step I can suggest would be to send me one of your savegames where you're stuck off the screen.

hanako
Site Admin

#34 Post by hanako » Wed Nov 11, 2009 1:50 pm

Well, if it happens again, please send me your savefile along with a description of what you were doing before it broke, if possible.

Same for anyone else who has this happen. I really don't know what's wrong there, so I need to investigate.

WodashGSJ

#35 Post by WodashGSJ » Thu Nov 12, 2009 10:46 am

hanako wrote: But if you have the skill of Luck and useful knowledge from having worked in another job previously, there is something else you can talk about...

(Edited to be a SLIGHTLY more helpful hint!)
Wait, wait, don't tell me, yes?

liz4187

#36 Post by liz4187 » Thu Nov 12, 2009 2:06 pm

I cant wait for the ending list to come out because my characters have been involved in so many storylines, some of which seem to reach dead ends and it would be nice to know whether I should continue to pursue them or if I had done something wrong

hanako
Site Admin

#37 Post by hanako » Thu Nov 12, 2009 2:42 pm

Wait, wait, don't tell me, yes?
Don't worry, the hint beyond that I sent in PM. :)

liz4187

#38 Post by liz4187 » Thu Nov 12, 2009 3:45 pm

I found a glitch kind of (im not sure if it technically quialifies).... I decided to mess around and found some of the cheat codes. Well whenever I turned my sin to 0 I checked my skills and it said zero there but whenever I went on to world map or started a class or job it went right back to the previous number. Not sure if this is any help but I thought I would let you know

Edit: I also went back to a previous save file, and I don't know if this is on purpose but when you sin and then at yule time clear out your sins it goes back to where it was before if you sin again

hanako
Site Admin

#39 Post by hanako » Thu Nov 12, 2009 4:24 pm

Well whenever I turned my sin to 0 I checked my skills and it said zero there but whenever I went on to world map or started a class or job it went right back to the previous number.
That's not a glitch, that's (partly) a safety-check to make it a little harder for people to cheat. :P Your sins will find you out! (It is possible to cheat sin but it takes more than just setting the sin value, and no, I'm not planning on giving those codes out for a while.)

As for the other, if you talked to Duncan about what it means to really change, it shouldn't be surprising that your sins rebound if you don't keep up your sin-free lifestyle. Also, at least sometimes, there should be a little dialog popup where your character mentions that she sort of failed at having a fresh start. If you want your sins forgiven, you've got to MEAN it!

bree_inabeat

#40 Post by bree_inabeat » Thu Nov 12, 2009 8:34 pm

I can't wait to get the game! I'm holding it off for a while but I'm really excited because the original was so much fun and you could constantly replay without getting bored.

Indalecio

#41 Post by Indalecio » Thu Nov 12, 2009 11:34 pm

I came across something which might not be a bug, but was a little odd. I spent most of my time in the desert with either studying astronomy and magic. At the end, I wound up with a career in Governmet. Another one that seemed a little weird, I had another game where she had high cooking, mind, and art, with cooking over 200, and mind and art both over 150, and wound up with Housewife

liz4187

#42 Post by liz4187 » Thu Nov 12, 2009 11:45 pm

wow this game is a lot more indepth than the original. I am having lots of fun, but rushing to get all of the endings (at least all of the big ones) because this is the last day I am allowed on this computer