Cute Knight Kingdom

In this sequel to Cute Knight, you have the whole kingdom to explore, and many secrets to find...
hanako
Site Admin

#16 Post by hanako » Mon Nov 09, 2009 9:15 pm

edit: Okay, problem found. The 'main menu' button on the gallery screen contains a "go back to last room" command and its concept of "last room" sometimes isn't being reset properly after you reach a game ending, so it's trying to dump you back into the gameworld after the end of the game, which doesn't work very well. This can only happen if you use the gallery after reaching an ending and without restarting. Should be a quick fix.

You'll probably want to redownload for that one but you might want to wait a day in case anything else comes up. :)

WodashGSJ

#17 Post by WodashGSJ » Tue Nov 10, 2009 12:57 pm

Would this be the proper place to post a minor bug report? I've found two little issues in my one completed play-through, in which I dabbled in everything and finished by swapping portraits(hope that's not too spoilery). Anyway, after the painting was finished I got an error message quoting a line about values of sin=0 and sin.redeemed>something. Since I'd redeemed my sins exactly once and no more, perhaps that's what caused it.

At the very end where it showed the ending text, I clicked on the Save Story button to see what it did, saw it would save a text file and decided I didn't really want that and cancelled the save dialog, which brought up an error message.

hanako
Site Admin

#18 Post by hanako » Tue Nov 10, 2009 4:00 pm

Yes, bugs are good here. Or rather, bugs are bad, but bug reports are good. :)
I dabbled in everything and finished by swapping portraits
Did you still manage to get married despite the error?

(Should have, from my tests. BTW, for those reading along who haven't bought into the prerelease yet, I am fixing each of these problems as I see them and uploading new builds, so newer purchases won't see what was seen before. When needed I can provide fresh downloads for people who bought earlier to catch them up to the latest.)

mas721

#19 Post by mas721 » Tue Nov 10, 2009 7:11 pm

How often should we get a new update if we already purchased the game?

hanako
Site Admin

#20 Post by hanako » Tue Nov 10, 2009 7:36 pm

Is any bug you've encountered so far really bothering you? If so, let me know and I can give you a fresh download right now, if the original link doesn't work (They sometimes expire them after you complete a download)

In fact that's probably a good thing to check. Will it let you get another download?

If not, I will go through and press the 'fresh download' button for everyone who's already purchased at a couple of set intervals.

So far, the only error I see that could really get in the way of gameplay is that you might be unable to reach one particular failure option which doesn't even lead to an ending, it just blocks off an ending - so the bug means you can potentially reach one ending that you shouldn't be able to reach because of high Sin.

WodashGSJ

#21 Post by WodashGSJ » Tue Nov 10, 2009 8:00 pm

Yes, I did get that ending, after I clicked Ignore on the error message box.

WodashGSJ

#22 Post by WodashGSJ » Tue Nov 10, 2009 8:03 pm

and I just successfully redownloaded it, just to be sure I could.

WodashGSJ

#23 Post by WodashGSJ » Tue Nov 10, 2009 8:44 pm

Hmm. Is there a reason Lottie never has the chat star marker, even when you first meet her and haven't heard what she has to say yet?

mas721

#24 Post by mas721 » Tue Nov 10, 2009 8:50 pm

I haven't ran into any bugs that are interfering with my game play yet but it's nice to have an updated version when it's available. For now I can wait but I'll want to update my version at some point. For now I can redownload from the original link. In the e-mail, it says the link expires in December.

Also, is there any way to tell if we have the latest version and what bugs have been fixed if we redownload it?

WodashGSJ

#25 Post by WodashGSJ » Tue Nov 10, 2009 9:13 pm

Another error message, this one when looking after the child at the tower. Message is

ERROR in
action number 1
of Create Event
for object dialog_controller;

Error in function real().

My stats after the message appeared, in case they're somehow relevant:
HP 51/54, MP 46/56
Str 22 Sta 54 Min 56 Luc 27 Cha 60(68)
Cook 48 Craft 57 Tame 53(63) Art 62(72)
Att 0 Def 0(5) Mag 0
Dream 150 Sin 0 XP 12

hanako
Site Admin

#26 Post by hanako » Tue Nov 10, 2009 9:26 pm

Also, is there any way to tell if we have the latest version and what bugs have been fixed if we redownload it?
There might be a date-created timestamp on the file you download, in which case you could compare that to the last time I've posted?

The issue with cancelling Save Story and the problem blocking the failure ending with the painting person are patched.
Another error message, this one when looking after the child at the tower.
Now that, I have no idea about... yet. Hmm. You were doing the babysitting job? Did this error happen at the end of the job, maybe? It's possible something went wrong with one of the post-job special events, but if that's all the error you got it's a little hard to tell which one... Was there any dialog around it or did it just dump you back to the main screen?

EDIT: Found it! It's the spitting-up sequence. There was a number out of place but it shouldn't actually cause any gameplay problem to ignore it. Easy fix.
Is there a reason Lottie never has the chat star marker, even when you first meet her and haven't heard what she has to say yet?
She does get it on certain occasions, but not very often. In general, Lottie doesn't have any jobs or classes or shopping or anything to offer you, and she's not trying to get your attention the way most people are. (Someone else also doesn't have a chat star on first meeting, because that someone really doesn't you to notice em...)
Last edited by hanako on Tue Nov 10, 2009 9:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

WodashGSJ

#27 Post by WodashGSJ » Tue Nov 10, 2009 9:34 pm

You must be tired of me by now, but I have something else to report. After being given a leftover cake, I went home and made two cakes. In my inventory I then had two cakes, not the 3 I'd expect.

WodashGSJ

#28 Post by WodashGSJ » Tue Nov 10, 2009 9:38 pm

Now that, I have no idea about... yet. Hmm. You were doing the babysitting job? Did this error happen at the end of the job, maybe? It's possible something went wrong with one of the post-job special events, but if that's all the error you got it's a little hard to tell which one... Was there any dialog around it or did it just dump you back to the main screen?
After clicking ignore, there was some text. I think the child spat on me, or maybe threw up.

hanako
Site Admin

#29 Post by hanako » Tue Nov 10, 2009 9:57 pm

How odd. Apparently the leftover cake exists in a state of quantum flux and disappears if you attempt to add another cake.

I think I've found a solution to that though. :) Good catch!

earringfan

Another bug

#30 Post by earringfan » Wed Nov 11, 2009 3:59 am

So, the only problem I found so far that was really irritating was this: when I'm exploring between villages, and I click menu, when I click return, the screen goes to a shot of the desert, without my character on it, and stays frozen there. This kind of sucks if I haven't saved, since I have to start over. I've tried saving it there and hoping that when I load it somehow it'll be fixed, but no luck. It's still frozen on the desert screen and the only option is to start over. Is there something you could do to help? Thanks!