Cute Knight Kingdom

In this sequel to Cute Knight, you have the whole kingdom to explore, and many secrets to find...
hanako
Site Admin

Cute Knight Kingdom

#1 Postby hanako » Sun Nov 08, 2009 6:37 pm

.... is almost done.

When the wide release is ready I will open a separate subforum for CKK, but for now details should stay out of sight. There are a ton of secrets to find in this game.

The game can be ordered here - let me know if you have any problems with the order form, I'm currently trying to get it updated so you don't have to put in unnecessary information.
Last edited by hanako on Fri Nov 13, 2009 3:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

lill_sweetty

#2 Postby lill_sweetty » Sun Nov 08, 2009 7:32 pm

Sweet deal!

My concern, however, is that you will make an "updated" version of this game. Say, like Cute Knight Deluxe. Will I be able to update for free at that point, or will I have to buy the new version, or will I pay a smaller fee for the "patch"?

Thanks.

hanako
Site Admin

#3 Postby hanako » Sun Nov 08, 2009 9:03 pm

Slightly roundabout and complex answer because I'm trying to answer as thoroughly and accurately as possible.

The reason for the difference with Cute Knight Deluxe had to do with contracts and other business arrangements, to draw a distinction between the two versions, because of the publisher funding involved in getting the new artwork.

With this game, I'm content with the art, I don't intend to release a new-art version. It is theoretically possible that some publisher would want to put up a bunch of money to do something like add full voice acting to the game to make a retail version. That would be a huge amount of work and cost (there's a ton of characters!) and therefore if that happened, that would probably be sold as a separate version. But it's not likely at all. And if that did occur, I would almost certainly offer the voices patch for a small upgrade fee to people who'd already bought the game, as well as ways to get it for free in exchange for fanart/fanfic. :)

This game may well get small updates, if there turn out to be bugs that need fixing or a small number of new endings that are heavily requested. That sort of thing would be available free to people who'd already bought the game from my site. However, if someone bought the game from one of those super-discount sites, I might charge them an upgrade fee to get the latest version from my site.

So, to sum up - I have no plans to charge extra in the future to anyone who buys the game from my site, including this discounted prerelease.

Persia

#4 Postby Persia » Sun Nov 08, 2009 9:51 pm

edit: Just read on and realised her mother is a candle maker. Sorry for the mistake!

Indalecio

#5 Postby Indalecio » Mon Nov 09, 2009 2:35 am

I seem to be having trouble playing as a warrior. My sin seems to be going up even if I try to scare them off. Some I can scare off straight off the bat, but if I take a swing at them, sin goes up. I get the message it goes up by +1, but it seems to be actually going up +2.

Was this intentional?

hanako
Site Admin

#6 Postby hanako » Mon Nov 09, 2009 2:42 am

If you try to harm something that hasn't yet harmed you, you're using unprovoked force. This still gets you sin points, but not very many of them - if you keep just scaring things and not killing them, you'll stop getting sin pretty quickly.

As for the numbers not matching, I'll have to check. It should match unless there's a rounding issue somewhere... but there are many different categories of sin, so it's possible you picked one up somewhere else that you hadn't noticed?

mas721

#7 Postby mas721 » Mon Nov 09, 2009 3:47 am

Where are the save files for the game, I can't find them? I want to clear out some of the old ones that I have. I'm using Vista.

hanako
Site Admin

#8 Postby hanako » Mon Nov 09, 2009 4:03 am

Should be in a subfolder marked 'saves' off the Cute Knight Kingdom folder you installed to... unless Vista is being its helpful self and hiding them to try and talk you out of deleting them! (I don't use Vista, I hear it does strange things sometimes. :) )

Indalecio

#9 Postby Indalecio » Mon Nov 09, 2009 4:04 am

Oh, something else. Minor nitpick. In the ending I got, the character I played, is referred to as Sorami in one place, and by the name I gave her in other place.

hanako
Site Admin

#10 Postby hanako » Mon Nov 09, 2009 4:05 am

Whoops. :)

(It's the default name, must have typed it by accident. This is one of the Guard endings, right?)

mas721

#11 Postby mas721 » Mon Nov 09, 2009 4:17 am

I managed to find the save files. Vista is being it's overly helpful self again. :roll:

If anyone else with Vista needs to know, here's where I found them:

C:\Users\****\AppData\Local\VirtualStore\Program Files\Cute Knight Kingdom

**** is whatever your user profile name is for the computer.

Indalecio

#12 Postby Indalecio » Mon Nov 09, 2009 4:51 am

hanako wrote:Whoops. :)

(It's the default name, must have typed it by accident. This is one of the Guard endings, right?)

Yes, its a guard ending.

_SE_

#13 Postby _SE_ » Mon Nov 09, 2009 6:41 am

Two questions- do you plan to do a Linux version, and if I bought the PC version, could I get the Linux version later?

hanako
Site Admin

#14 Postby hanako » Mon Nov 09, 2009 8:18 am

Someone is working on trying to port the game to Mac and Linux. We don't know for certain if it will succeed or how long it will take. I would guess that it MIGHT be available for Mac/Linux sometime next year but I cannot make any promises.

It was a *long* time after the first game came out that we managed to get a working linux version. :)

If you buy the PC game from my site so you're in my records, I can give you a download for the linux version if and when it's ever available.

Indalecio

#15 Postby Indalecio » Mon Nov 09, 2009 9:07 pm

Something else I'd come across. When I click on a picture in the gallery, it seems to load up the associated save with it. I thought you'd included a New Game+ plus mode, but when I go back to my hometown, the ending sequence starts again.

Return to “Cute Knight Kingdom”