Purple Goo Passage?

A fast-paced, light-hearted RPG where schoolgirls save the world from aliens.

Moderator: Spiky Caterpillar

addams013

Purple Goo Passage?

#1 Postby addams013 » Tue Aug 17, 2010 7:42 pm

Okay, I feel tremendously stupid about this, but I'm actually stuck trying to cross the "stepping stones" (vegetable mats of some sort) across the purple goo. No matter which way I go, I can't seem to find a path that leads all the way across the goo. Is there some way to activate other paths or something else that I'm missing?

Thanks for your time.

Spiky Caterpillar

#2 Postby Spiky Caterpillar » Wed Aug 18, 2010 2:51 am

You don't need to activate any other paths across the swamp, but the correct route is a little confusing - there's a map at http://spikycaterpillar.dreamhosters.com/science_girls/swampmap.jpg that may help. (You can bring it up ingame through the debugger menu by pressing F2 and then M)

addams013

#3 Postby addams013 » Wed Aug 18, 2010 11:04 pm

I hate to mention it, since I love this game so much, but I got this traceback.txt recently:

Code: Select all

I'm sorry, but an exception occured while executing your Ren'Py
script.

Exception: Render count is 9 at shutdown. This probably indicates a memory leak bug in Ren'Py.

While running game code:

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

File "C:\Program Files (x86)\Science Girls\renpy\bootstrap.py", line 255, in bootstrap
  File "C:\Program Files (x86)\Science Girls\renpy\main.py", line 320, in main
  File "C:\Program Files (x86)\Science Girls\renpy\display\render.py", line 100, in check_at_shutdown
Exception: Render count is 9 at shutdown. This probably indicates a memory leak bug in Ren'Py.

While running game code:

Ren'Py Version: Ren'Py 6.9.2a
Game version: ScienceGirls!-1.2.17

addams013

#4 Postby addams013 » Wed Aug 18, 2010 11:04 pm

Oh, and thank you very much for your support. :)

Spiky Caterpillar

#5 Postby Spiky Caterpillar » Fri Aug 20, 2010 1:34 am

addams013 wrote:I hate to mention it, since I love this game so much, but I got this traceback.txt recently:

Code: Select all

I'm sorry, but an exception occured while executing your Ren'Py
script.

While running game code:

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

File "C:\Program Files (x86)\Science Girls\renpy\bootstrap.py", line 255, in bootstrap
  File "C:\Program Files (x86)\Science Girls\renpy\main.py", line 320, in main
  File "C:\Program Files (x86)\Science Girls\renpy\display\render.py", line 100, in check_at_shutdown

While running game code:

Ren'Py Version: Ren'Py 6.9.2a
Game version: ScienceGirls!-1.2.17

Render leaks tend to be rather hard to track down (since the part of the code that causes them is generally not where the traceback shows up). I assume this happened when you quit the game? Had you done anything in particular that was unusual before quitting? Where were you when you quit?

addams013

#6 Postby addams013 » Fri Aug 20, 2010 12:06 pm

Spiky Caterpillar wrote:I assume this happened when you quit the game?

I assume so, too; I was playing the game fullscreen, and if it's possible for this to be registered in the background and still allow the game to progress normally, then I wouldn't have known if it occurred earlier.

Spiky Caterpillar wrote:Had you done anything in particular that was unusual before quitting?

I don't think so. Just running around and fighting the occasional random battle.

Spiky Caterpillar wrote:Where were you when you quit?

In the purple goo. I quit by exiting to the menu (by pressing Esc) and selecting "Quit" with the mouse, then confirming.

I'm sorry that this doesn't give you much to go on. It might just be that my system was being flaky; since it looks like a lowering of the frame rate, and frame rates go down as the computer gets busy, who knows what the computer might have been doing in the background.

Return to “Science Girls!”