Bug In Game

A fast-paced, light-hearted RPG where schoolgirls save the world from aliens.

Moderator: Spiky Caterpillar

Ariel Schnee

Bug In Game

#1 Postby Ariel Schnee » Mon Feb 08, 2010 5:52 pm

When I enter the west locker room on the first floor while looking gor Andrea, and find Andrea, the game crashes when it goes to fight mode against the Mind Worms.

Code: Select all

I'm sorry, but an exception occured while executing your Ren'Py
script.

TypeError: blit() takes at most 4 arguments (5 given)

While running game code:
 - script at line 427 of /home/deekoo/code/renpy-6.9.2a/ScienceGirls!/game/script.rpy
 - python at line 438 of /home/deekoo/code/renpy-6.9.2a/ScienceGirls!/game/script.rpy.
 - python at line 2854 of /home/deekoo/code/renpy-6.9.2a/ScienceGirls!/game/turnbasedcombat.rpy.
 - python at line 2847 of /home/deekoo/code/renpy-6.9.2a/ScienceGirls!/game/turnbasedcombat.rpy.
 - python at line 99 of /home/deekoo/code/renpy-6.9.2a/ScienceGirls!/game/enginepatch.rpy.

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

File "C:\Program Files\Science Girls\renpy\bootstrap.py", line 255, in bootstrap
  File "C:\Program Files\Science Girls\renpy\main.py", line 308, in main
  File "C:\Program Files\Science Girls\renpy\main.py", line 92, in run
  File "C:\Program Files\Science Girls\renpy\execution.py", line 230, in run
  File "C:\Program Files\Science Girls\renpy\ast.py", line 558, in execute
  File "C:\Program Files\Science Girls\renpy\python.py", line 921, in py_exec_bytecode
  File "/home/deekoo/code/renpy-6.9.2a/ScienceGirls!/game/script.rpy", line 438, in <module>
  File "/home/deekoo/code/renpy-6.9.2a/ScienceGirls!/game/turnbasedcombat.rpy", line 2854, in Attack
  File "/home/deekoo/code/renpy-6.9.2a/ScienceGirls!/game/turnbasedcombat.rpy", line 2847, in Hypnotise
  File "C:\Program Files\Science Girls\renpy\ui.py", line 69, in interact
  File "C:\Program Files\Science Girls\renpy\display\core.py", line 1362, in interact
  File "C:\Program Files\Science Girls\renpy\display\core.py", line 1661, in interact_core
  File "C:\Program Files\Science Girls\renpy\display\core.py", line 992, in show
  File "C:\Program Files\Science Girls\renpy\display\render.py", line 739, in draw_screen
  File "C:\Program Files\Science Girls\renpy\display\render.py", line 613, in draw
  File "C:\Program Files\Science Girls\renpy\display\render.py", line 613, in draw
  File "C:\Program Files\Science Girls\renpy\display\render.py", line 555, in draw
  File "/home/deekoo/code/renpy-6.9.2a/ScienceGirls!/game/enginepatch.rpy", line 99, in draw
TypeError: blit() takes at most 4 arguments (5 given)

While running game code:
 - script at line 427 of /home/deekoo/code/renpy-6.9.2a/ScienceGirls!/game/script.rpy
 - python at line 438 of /home/deekoo/code/renpy-6.9.2a/ScienceGirls!/game/script.rpy.
 - python at line 2854 of /home/deekoo/code/renpy-6.9.2a/ScienceGirls!/game/turnbasedcombat.rpy.
 - python at line 2847 of /home/deekoo/code/renpy-6.9.2a/ScienceGirls!/game/turnbasedcombat.rpy.
 - python at line 99 of /home/deekoo/code/renpy-6.9.2a/ScienceGirls!/game/enginepatch.rpy.

Ren'Py Version: Ren'Py 6.9.2a
Game version: ScienceGirls!-1.2.17

---

Signature

If you are a believer of Jesus Christ, and are 100% proud of it, put this in your sig!!

- Ariel Schnee, twin sister of Weiss Schnee, Loyal Servant of The Royal Pony Sisters Princess Celestia and Princess Luna... Forever Equestria!

Spiky Caterpillar

#2 Postby Spiky Caterpillar » Mon Feb 08, 2010 7:12 pm

Odd - I can't reproduce the bug on my test environments, and that's a mandatory combat, so I'd expect to have gotten other reports of it by now.

What version of Windows are you using? Does it happen every time you enter the mindworm combat or only some of the time? Does it happen immediately, or only after you and/or a mindworm attack? (And, if the latter, what attack(s) did you use before the crash?)

Ariel Schnee

#3 Postby Ariel Schnee » Mon Feb 08, 2010 7:17 pm

Spiky Caterpillar wrote:Odd - I can't reproduce the bug on my test environments, and that's a mandatory combat, so I'd expect to have gotten other reports of it by now.

What version of Windows are you using? Does it happen every time you enter the mindworm combat or only some of the time? Does it happen immediately, or only after you and/or a mindworm attack? (And, if the latter, what attack(s) did you use before the crash?)

Windows XP Home SP2 with a downloaded SP3 upgrade

Everytime I enter the combat, before I can do anything there.

Game version 1.2.17
---

Signature

If you are a believer of Jesus Christ, and are 100% proud of it, put this in your sig!!

- Ariel Schnee, twin sister of Weiss Schnee, Loyal Servant of The Royal Pony Sisters Princess Celestia and Princess Luna... Forever Equestria!

Spiky Caterpillar

#4 Postby Spiky Caterpillar » Mon Feb 08, 2010 9:10 pm

Upload your closest savegames to the Mindworms to
http://spikycaterpillar.dreamhosters.com/savegame-upload.html and I'll see if I can figure it out.

I've got a possible workaround at http://spikycaterpillar.dreamhosters.com/patches/1.2.17/enginepatch.rpyc - to use it, back up your current Science Girls folder, then replace C:\Program Files\Science Girls\game\enginepatch.rpyc with the new one and see what happens. (It should hide the crash; it might cause some graphics to be drawn with black backgrounds instead of blending)

Ariel Schnee

#5 Postby Ariel Schnee » Tue Feb 09, 2010 12:16 am

Spiky Caterpillar wrote:Upload your closest savegames to the Mindworms to
http://spikycaterpillar.dreamhosters.com/savegame-upload.html and I'll see if I can figure it out.

Done.
---

Signature

Spiky Caterpillar

#6 Postby Spiky Caterpillar » Tue Feb 09, 2010 10:04 pm

Thanks - unfortunately, I still can't reproduce the bug even with the save. Did the workaround patch work?

Return to “Science Girls!”