Science Girls - Lava Tiles

A fast-paced, light-hearted RPG where schoolgirls save the world from aliens.

Moderator: Spiky Caterpillar

isabel

Science Girls - Lava Tiles

#1 Postby isabel » Sat Jul 04, 2009 8:58 am

Is there any way to walk over an already-cracked lava tile? Cause I am now trapped in an area of which the entrance is blocked by lava tiles, and when I walk in I cannot go out anymore.

If no then I have to reload a savegame 1 hour ago (:( this is why one should save often)

hanako
Site Admin

#2 Postby hanako » Sat Jul 04, 2009 12:31 pm

If you walk around in the area beyond the lava, the cracked tile should slowly resolidify again so that you can cross it.

(If that's not working, post a screenshot so we can see where you are.)

isabel

#3 Postby isabel » Sat Jul 04, 2009 12:56 pm

The lava should solidify over time, but it doesn't. How long am I supposed to walk around?

Spiky Caterpillar

#4 Postby Spiky Caterpillar » Sat Jul 04, 2009 6:13 pm

Walk to areas you can reach while it cools. It'll take several steps for the lava to cool enough to cross.

isabel

#5 Postby isabel » Sun Jul 05, 2009 7:19 am

Tried walking for around 3 min, no avail so far (stuck ><).

isabel

#6 Postby isabel » Mon Jul 06, 2009 12:23 pm

Still doesn't work, no matter how long I walk the lava doesn't cool down, is there any cure for this bug?

hanako
Site Admin

#7 Postby hanako » Mon Jul 06, 2009 1:07 pm

(I think the Caterpillar said he was sending you a PM to ask if he could get your savefile to look at it and try to figure out what's gone wrong. I can't replicate this behavior myself, whenever I go to that area and walk around the lava cracks and then seals over just like it's supposed to - Can't do anything about it until we know what happened.)

Spiky Caterpillar

#8 Postby Spiky Caterpillar » Tue Jul 14, 2009 10:51 pm

Thanks for the help - unfortunately, I haven't been able to track down the original cause of the bug. :( Has anyone else encountered it (or similar bugs where cracked lava tiles fail to finish cooling)? If you have encountered lava tile bugs, I want all your volcano-level savegames, including any where it hasn't yet shown up - there's an upload form at http://spikycaterpillar.dreamhosters.com/savegame-upload.html you can use to send them to me.

Also, if anyone else gets stuck, you can use the level-editor cheat codes to walk through walls to get out - if you walk up to the space just under the rock between the two lava tiles and press F9, you'll then be able to walk up onto the rock; pressing F9 again will let you walk off the rock. (But if you're stuck enough to need the cheat codes, I really want the savegames!) - especially useful would be a save where one tile is stuck and another is fading normally but hasn't yet finished fading. (Though since I'm not sure what caused the bug, I'm not sure if that's possible - Isabel's save shows that the tiles faded partway before stopping, though.)

Return to “Science Girls!”