Accidental Teleport after Tunnel (patched in last post)

A fast-paced, light-hearted RPG where schoolgirls save the world from aliens.

Moderator: Spiky Caterpillar

Indalecio

Accidental Teleport after Tunnel (patched in last post)

#1 Postby Indalecio » Mon Jun 01, 2009 1:06 am

SPOILERS for the end of the next location you come to after the school.

After you beat the Treeman, you can enter a tunnel. This seems like shortcut back, but when I got all the way to the end of the tunnel, I came out right where I started. This seems like a bug to me.

End SPOILERS
Last edited by Indalecio on Mon Jun 01, 2009 1:58 am, edited 1 time in total.

hanako
Site Admin

#2 Postby hanako » Mon Jun 01, 2009 1:48 am

Hrm... Are you sure you didn't get turned around inside the tunnels and go back out the way you came in?

What should happen, and does when I look at it, is: (spoilery, highlight to read)

The first screen of tunnel is a spiral. You start at the center of the spiral and have to go out and around. There's an exit leading west.

On the second screen, you have to work your way southwest, past a bunch of dead ends. Eventually you see grass and rocks again, showing where the tunnel leads out of the mountains, and there's an exit to the west.

Taking that exit, you have a surprise enounter with something large, and when that's over, you find yourself near the original portal.

Indalecio

#3 Postby Indalecio » Mon Jun 01, 2009 1:56 am

I don't think so I took a wrong turn. I went west and then southwest. I didn't encounter anything after I came out, and I am pretty sure I came out right next to the entrance. Other than, my experience pretty much matches what you say

Indalecio

#4 Postby Indalecio » Mon Jun 01, 2009 2:00 am

Oh, and while I am here. The game needs a sequel. :thumbs up:

hanako
Site Admin

#5 Postby hanako » Mon Jun 01, 2009 2:12 am

Hmmm... I have no idea, I'm just guessing randomly until Spiky shows up and might have more suggestions. :)

Did you get to an area that looks like this:

http://www.hanakogames.com/tunnel_exit.jpg

If you did, then what happened when you tried to exit to the west? It just suddenly teleported you back to the hole where the Treeman used to be?

Indalecio

#6 Postby Indalecio » Mon Jun 01, 2009 2:50 am

Thats very much what it looked like. Its either at that point or a little bit before or after that I teleported back to the entrance.

Spiky Caterpillar

#7 Postby Spiky Caterpillar » Mon Jun 01, 2009 6:40 pm

Oops! I'd accidentally left an extra stairway unit in the wrong place on the map.

http://spikycaterpillar.dreamhosters.com/patches/tunnel_exit+bug.jpg
To work around the bug, don't step on the red-circled space on the map. To actually fix it for good, replace your flooralientunnel2.map with the one from http://spikycaterpillar.dreamhosters.com/patches/flooralientunnel2.map

(On a Mac, it goes in ScienceGirls!.app/Contents/Resources/game/school/ ; on Windows, it goes in (Science Girls install directory)\game\school\ ; on Linux, ScienceGirls!-1.0/game/school/ )

and playing from a savegame that was made before you entered the long tunnel (The square spiral tunnel is an OK point to start from).

I'll have updated full builds up shortly.

And thanks for catching the bug!

Return to “Science Girls!”