Science Girls! (Mac / Linux)

A fast-paced, light-hearted RPG where schoolgirls save the world from aliens.

Moderator: Spiky Caterpillar

Spiky Caterpillar

Science Girls! (Mac / Linux)

#1 Postby Spiky Caterpillar » Thu May 28, 2009 3:48 pm

Science Girls is finally available to the public! It runs on OS X 10.4 or later and x86 (and compatible - it runs fine on my amd64 Debian Lenny machine) Linux.

Get the game at http://www.hanakogames.com/science.shtml ! And enjoy!

(If you're a Windows user who's wandered into the Linux/Mac forum by mistake, it also runs on Windows)

bugmenot

#2 Postby bugmenot » Tue Jul 14, 2009 6:42 am

I normally dual-boot my systems. I'm thinking about buying this (interesting game BTW), but is the full version compatible with both Linux and Windows? Or do you need to buy it multiply times for each OS? Please tell me that the latter isn't the case.

Spiky Caterpillar

#3 Postby Spiky Caterpillar » Tue Jul 14, 2009 2:17 pm

The Windows version will run on Linux under Wine; if you want to run it natively you can download the Linux demo, copy the files from the installed fullbuild into the demo folder, overwriting where appropriate, and then run ./ScienceGirls!-Demo.sh . (Which will actually run the full version since the full version files are copied in.) You'll probably also want to symlink your Windows savegame dir from \Documents and Settings\(username)\RenPy\science_girls\ to ~/.renpy/science_girls/ .

(Copying the full version files into the demo should also work the other way around, but I've only tested it on Linux)

yuastnav

#4 Postby yuastnav » Mon Jul 27, 2009 3:25 pm

Spiky Caterpillar wrote:The Windows version will run on Linux under Wine; if you want to run it natively you can download the Linux demo, copy the files from the installed fullbuild into the demo folder, overwriting where appropriate, and then run ./ScienceGirls!-Demo.sh . (Which will actually run the full version since the full version files are copied in.) You'll probably also want to symlink your Windows savegame dir from \Documents and Settings\(username)\RenPy\science_girls\ to ~/.renpy/science_girls/ .

(Copying the full version files into the demo should also work the other way around, but I've only tested it on Linux)

But does this also work the other way round?
I'm planning on buying the Linux version of that game (still waiting for the transaction to my PayPal account to be comleated, grr), will I be able to use the exectubales from the Windows? Or did I understood something horribly wrong?
I'm not planning on giving up my Debian Lenny, but just in case...

Btw. it's very nice that you also developed it for Linux! :)

Return to “Science Girls!”