Game crashes

A fast-paced, light-hearted RPG where schoolgirls save the world from aliens.

Moderator: Spiky Caterpillar

KentMagami

Game crashes

#1 Postby KentMagami » Sat Mar 22, 2014 11:37 am

I bought this game through Steam, and started to play the introduction. However, once past the first battle, when I need to start looking for the other club members, the game crashes almost every time I enter an unknown room. The few times it didn't happen, the room was completely empty, so I think it's crashing on trying to start an encounter. I also checked by starting a new game, and it now crashes when trying to start the first battle. Here's the tracelog:

I'm sorry, but an exception occured while executing your Ren'Py
script.

WindowsError:

While running game code:
- script at line 279 of /home/deekoo/code/renpy-6.9.2a/ScienceGirls!/game/script.rpy
- python at line 308 of /home/deekoo/code/renpy-6.9.2a/ScienceGirls!/game/script.rpy.
- python at line 1991 of /home/deekoo/code/renpy-6.9.2a/ScienceGirls!/game/game.rpy.
- python at line 1515 of /home/deekoo/code/renpy-6.9.2a/ScienceGirls!/game/tilemap.rpy.
- python at line 1429 of /home/deekoo/code/renpy-6.9.2a/ScienceGirls!/game/tilemap.rpy.
- python at line 1416 of /home/deekoo/code/renpy-6.9.2a/ScienceGirls!/game/tilemap.rpy.
- python at line 1322 of /home/deekoo/code/renpy-6.9.2a/ScienceGirls!/game/tilemap.rpy.
- python at line 1224 of /home/deekoo/code/renpy-6.9.2a/ScienceGirls!/game/tilemap.rpy.
- python at line 2711 of /home/deekoo/code/renpy-6.9.2a/ScienceGirls!/game/game.rpy.
- python at line 2701 of /home/deekoo/code/renpy-6.9.2a/ScienceGirls!/game/game.rpy.

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

File "F:\Steam\steamapps\common\ScienceGirls\renpy\bootstrap.py", line 255, in bootstrap
File "F:\Steam\steamapps\common\ScienceGirls\renpy\main.py", line 308, in main
File "F:\Steam\steamapps\common\ScienceGirls\renpy\main.py", line 92, in run
File "F:\Steam\steamapps\common\ScienceGirls\renpy\execution.py", line 230, in run
File "F:\Steam\steamapps\common\ScienceGirls\renpy\ast.py", line 558, in execute
File "F:\Steam\steamapps\common\ScienceGirls\renpy\python.py", line 921, in py_exec_bytecode
File "/home/deekoo/code/renpy-6.9.2a/ScienceGirls!/game/script.rpy", line 308, in <module>
File "F:\Steam\steamapps\common\ScienceGirls\renpy\ui.py", line 69, in interact
File "F:\Steam\steamapps\common\ScienceGirls\renpy\display\core.py", line 1392, in interact
File "F:\Steam\steamapps\common\ScienceGirls\renpy\display\core.py", line 1886, in interact_core
File "F:\Steam\steamapps\common\ScienceGirls\renpy\display\layout.py", line 605, in event
File "F:\Steam\steamapps\common\ScienceGirls\renpy\display\layout.py", line 605, in event
File "F:\Steam\steamapps\common\ScienceGirls\renpy\display\behavior.py", line 894, in event
File "/home/deekoo/code/renpy-6.9.2a/ScienceGirls!/game/game.rpy", line 1991, in map_step
File "/home/deekoo/code/renpy-6.9.2a/ScienceGirls!/game/tilemap.rpy", line 1515, in step
File "/home/deekoo/code/renpy-6.9.2a/ScienceGirls!/game/tilemap.rpy", line 1429, in cursor_step
File "/home/deekoo/code/renpy-6.9.2a/ScienceGirls!/game/tilemap.rpy", line 1416, in move_from_queue
File "/home/deekoo/code/renpy-6.9.2a/ScienceGirls!/game/tilemap.rpy", line 1322, in move_down
File "/home/deekoo/code/renpy-6.9.2a/ScienceGirls!/game/tilemap.rpy", line 1224, in move_cursor_to
File "/home/deekoo/code/renpy-6.9.2a/ScienceGirls!/game/game.rpy", line 2711, in pre_roomchange_cb
File "/home/deekoo/code/renpy-6.9.2a/ScienceGirls!/game/game.rpy", line 2701, in sg_autosave
File "F:\Steam\steamapps\common\ScienceGirls\renpy\loadsave.py", line 286, in cycle_saves
File "F:\Steam\steamapps\common\ScienceGirls\renpy\loadsave.py", line 271, in rename_save
WindowsError:

While running game code:
- script at line 279 of /home/deekoo/code/renpy-6.9.2a/ScienceGirls!/game/script.rpy
- python at line 308 of /home/deekoo/code/renpy-6.9.2a/ScienceGirls!/game/script.rpy.
- python at line 1991 of /home/deekoo/code/renpy-6.9.2a/ScienceGirls!/game/game.rpy.
- python at line 1515 of /home/deekoo/code/renpy-6.9.2a/ScienceGirls!/game/tilemap.rpy.
- python at line 1429 of /home/deekoo/code/renpy-6.9.2a/ScienceGirls!/game/tilemap.rpy.
- python at line 1416 of /home/deekoo/code/renpy-6.9.2a/ScienceGirls!/game/tilemap.rpy.
- python at line 1322 of /home/deekoo/code/renpy-6.9.2a/ScienceGirls!/game/tilemap.rpy.
- python at line 1224 of /home/deekoo/code/renpy-6.9.2a/ScienceGirls!/game/tilemap.rpy.
- python at line 2711 of /home/deekoo/code/renpy-6.9.2a/ScienceGirls!/game/game.rpy.
- python at line 2701 of /home/deekoo/code/renpy-6.9.2a/ScienceGirls!/game/game.rpy.

Ren'Py Version: Ren'Py 6.9.2a
Game version: ScienceGirls!-1.3.5

I'm using Windows 7. Hope you can help me soon. Thanks.

hanako
Site Admin

Re: Game crashes

#2 Postby hanako » Sat Mar 22, 2014 12:09 pm

While I'll have to wait for Spiky, whose game this is, to give better technical advice, from your error it looks to me like what's crashing is the autosave (the game autosaves before battles).

File "F:\Steam\steamapps\common\ScienceGirls\renpy\loadsave.py", line 286, in cycle_saves
File "F:\Steam\steamapps\common\ScienceGirls\renpy\loadsave.py", line 271, in rename_save
WindowsError:

It says it's getting a Windows error of some kind while trying to rename the save files in order to cycle the autosaves (making the most recent save autosave1 and the one that was autosave1 now autosave2). This implies to me that there's some setting on your computer which is preventing it from renaming files. Something like an overzealous antivirus program or other data protection setting.

KentMagami

Re: Game crashes

#3 Postby KentMagami » Sat Mar 22, 2014 6:05 pm

Problem solved. After a bit of experimentation, I found that was indeed the problem. So I set it to run as an admin, and it can now rename files with impunity. Thanks very much for your help!

Return to “Science Girls!”