Contest ideas

For official announcements and news items only.
hanako
Site Admin

Contest ideas

#1 Post by hanako » Sat Dec 12, 2009 3:25 am

Since CKK is out and I usually like to do a contest for new games and the holidays are coming up, here are some possibilities:

1. Completely random draw for a free copy of CKK.
2. Art contest, draw any character celebrating the holidays - I think we did this one year previously. Winner gets free CKK.
3. CKK "generations" fanfic - Write the character from the first game meeting the character from the second. Winner gets choice of free game or some sort of gift certificate thingy, like to Amazon or something.

Thoughts?
Last edited by hanako on Sun Dec 13, 2009 8:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

lill_sweetty

#2 Post by lill_sweetty » Sat Dec 12, 2009 6:33 pm

I actually really like the 2nd and 3rd idea. There's more effort involved (I think you'd be pretty swamped with the 1st one). The only problem I see with the 3rd idea is that you'd have to KNOW of the 2nd character to write a fanfic with the 2 characters together... which, if the prize is a free CKK copy, is rather pointless.

hanako
Site Admin

#3 Post by hanako » Sat Dec 12, 2009 7:00 pm

Yeah, that's why the prizes for that would involve more choice - you could get some other game free or figure out something else for me to award you with.

You can learn enough about the character from the CKK demo to possibly write a story with her in it, though, you just wouldn't know everything.

Random draw is easy for me as I don't have to worry about picking and choosing the best of a mix and making other people feel bad if they didn't win, or bad if they won only because no one else entered!

phoenixgirl

#4 Post by phoenixgirl » Sun Dec 13, 2009 1:53 am

I'm liking the third option but only because that's the only one that's doable for me. I don't draw well but even if I could, I don't have a scanner so the art option is always out for me.

Anyway, just my thoughts. :)
Please help and support me here.

Saetana

#5 Post by Saetana » Sun Dec 13, 2009 4:17 am

Umm, I hate to be boring but I'd go for the first option - I personally cannot draw to save my (or anyone else's, lol) life and given how close it is to Christmas I just don't have the time to write fan fiction. The first option would allow all forum users to participate. Should a competition only be open to those who have a talent for writing or drawing? Not to mention the time to do either at this time of year. All of us using this forum have bought one or more games from Hanako and the draw would be fairer.

:twisted:

phoenixgirl

#6 Post by phoenixgirl » Sun Dec 13, 2009 6:01 am

Ahh I'd completely misread the first option. lol Now that I think about it, the first one could work, too. But I wonder how a random draw would work. Would there be a thread announcing who wants to win a free copy of CKK and everyone who posts in that thread would be entered?

I think if it were the first option, perhaps two or three winners could be announced, since I think there would be a lot of people entering if it was a random draw.

And true, true. I think most of us here have bought games from Hanako at some point or another. I've bought Fatal Hearts and Science Girls! from here. (The first Cute Knight I bought from another gaming portal. This was before I found out about this place, of course.) ^^
Please help and support me here.

Diz

#7 Post by Diz » Sun Dec 13, 2009 10:30 am

Ooo, this is tough. I do agree with what everyone is saying...#1 you may be the lucky guy/gal to win, however your odds of winning will likely go way down. #2 if you're good with art then you have a shot at this, but you kinda need to know how to draw to impress (for me it's hit or miss when it comes to art...most likely miss since I played the demo a while ago and can't remember characters too well even if it meant life or death at this point lol. T_T). #3 is totally doable...if, it weren't for Christmas around the corner like @Saetana said above.

So perhaps a combination of #2 or #3?...I was thinking about this and ran the idea with phoenixgirl since she pointed the contest my way (thanks, again phoenix, btw! :D ), but do you think it’d work if you posted specific screenshots from CKK--your choice, Hanako--- (say no less than 5-10 screenshots but participants having to use no less than 2 of the X number of screenshots) and for participants to have to put together a short story for people using those given screenshots? That way the contest could be a mix of art and storylines too.

Well, that's my two cents. If anything I'd prefer #1 or #3. :D

hanako
Site Admin

#8 Post by hanako » Sun Dec 13, 2009 3:47 pm

Might be best to stick with random because of the time factor, then... but I'll have to put a couple of extra twists on it to prevent people from spamming entries...

After christmas I can set up the generations fanfic thing with a mid-february deadline (for my birthday!) :)

lill_sweetty

#9 Post by lill_sweetty » Mon Dec 14, 2009 12:45 am

Yay! Though I am not lucky, can not draw, and can't write really well, maybe I can still do it. xD

Saetana

#10 Post by Saetana » Mon Dec 14, 2009 3:04 am

Sounds like a good idea Hanako, random draw (with "twists", its a shame - everything gets spammed now) for Christmas with fan fiction after when people have more time.

fallowdeer1

#11 Post by fallowdeer1 » Mon Dec 14, 2009 12:42 pm

Random is nice for those of us who can't draw, but the twist makes me feel like I'm spamming anyway. But, I'll do what I have to to get a chance at CKK. :wink:

Saetana

#12 Post by Saetana » Tue Dec 15, 2009 3:24 am

Umm, does that last post mean the contest has started? I came to this particular topic through an email link (I follow topics I post in). Looks like I'd better go and check, lol.

Saetana

#13 Post by Saetana » Tue Dec 15, 2009 3:54 am

Just had a look at the contest thread and I don't know what anyone else thinks but I am not totally comfortable with people joining the forum just to enter the contest. I have not been a member long but I joined after buying Cute Knight Deluxe a few weeks ago (I now own the original as well). Why give away a game to someone who had no interest in it before learning about this competition.

I have had to up my posts content to enter the comp but these were posts I would have made eventually in any case (being a new member I did not want to bombard topics with posts all at once).

hanako
Site Admin

#14 Post by hanako » Tue Dec 15, 2009 4:10 am

Anyone who's flooded in super-fast to sign up may not have been subscribed on the forums, but they WERE subscribed to the newsletter. :)

Of course, people who'd never heard about the game before rushing in with hopes of winning is good for business, since most of them won't win and some might then buy.

Saetana

#15 Post by Saetana » Tue Dec 15, 2009 2:45 pm

Newsletter? What newsletter? I want one!