development news (nothing too exciting...)

For official announcements and news items only.
hanako
Site Admin

development news (nothing too exciting...)

#1 Post by hanako » Sat Oct 03, 2009 6:13 pm

Art for Cute Knight Kingdom continues to come in slowly. I don't know if we'll make Halloween or not, but it will definitely be out by the end of the year. When it's done, there will be a special forum-members-only discount available for the early sales, so keep your eyes peeled.

There are two different projects underway to attempt to port the engine I'm using to different operating systems. If both or either work out, then there *might* be a Mac and/or Linux version of Fatal Hearts and Cute Knight Kingdom next year. Maybe. No promises. :)

While it's too early for any previews, there is a new game sort of along the same lines as Fatal Hearts in development. That is, it's a visual novel where you play a girl, there are many boys, and you have to play a little minigame now and then to progress. But no vampires this time. The plot starts with a first date that goes ridiculously wrong... and for more than that, you'll have to wait and see!

liz4187

#2 Post by liz4187 » Mon Oct 05, 2009 6:13 am

Yay I am so excited to hear the news! I only have my mac now though, so would a future mac game buyer be able to get a forum special as well, or is that only for the initial release?

hanako
Site Admin

#3 Post by hanako » Mon Oct 05, 2009 8:50 pm

Well, since I don't know for certain if there will be a Mac version (I'm hopeful, but...) or when it will be, I can't make any promises about discounts for it yet! :)

I usually do something special for new releases, whether they be discounts or contests or whatever. But we'll have to wait and see.

liz4187

#4 Post by liz4187 » Tue Oct 06, 2009 3:37 am

Thanks, haha if there is no mac version I will just have to bribe my sister into letting me borrow her comp :P

Miss-Mae

Re: development news (nothing too exciting...)

#5 Post by Miss-Mae » Tue Oct 06, 2009 5:41 am

hanako wrote:
While it's too early for any previews, there is a new game sort of along the same lines as Fatal Hearts in development. That is, it's a visual novel where you play a girl, there are many boys, and you have to play a little minigame now and then to progress. But no vampires this time. The plot starts with a first date that goes ridiculously wrong... and for more than that, you'll have to wait and see!
Now this sounds quite interesting. :D So happy to hear you have more visual novels in the works. <3 I love them, as well as life sims and dating sims. I am so glad I stumbled upon you guys today.

Anyways - keep up the great work! :D