A rather silly subject...

For official announcements and news items only.
hanako
Site Admin

A rather silly subject...

#1 Post by hanako » Thu Sep 06, 2007 4:50 pm

While I'm finishing up Fatal Hearts, I'm also working on a game about ice skating.

Unfortunately, I don't have a title for it yet!

So far the best I can think of is 'Sparkle Skating' or 'Skating Sparkles' and neither of those is really great.

If you have suggestions, feel free to post. If I use your name you'll get a free copy of the game when it's done. :)

phoenixgirl

#2 Post by phoenixgirl » Thu Sep 06, 2007 11:59 pm

Ooohhh I love the idea of coming up with a name for the game. :D

Hmm, I'd like to know more about what the game will be about, if that's possible. Is it just about the fun of ice skating or will it take more of preparing for a competition? That might help me figure out a good name. :)
Please help and support me here.

hanako
Site Admin

#3 Post by hanako » Fri Sep 07, 2007 12:11 am

It's a casual/puzzle match-3 type of game, not my usual story stuff. It's just a small project for me to keep busy with so that I don't write the Fatal Hearts artists every five minutes asking if they're done yet. :) So there will be a vague storyline about wanting to skate and then slowly learning how, but not a really detailed plot.

My latest silly idea was 'Twinkle Toe Skating' because then if I ever wanted to make a ballet or gymnastics game along the same lines, it would be easy to just call it Twinkle Toe X.

phoenixgirl

#4 Post by phoenixgirl » Sat Sep 08, 2007 1:13 am

Ooohh I see. :)

Well, I can only think of one name at the moment. If I think of more, I'll add to my post here. :)

A Skater's Dream

phoenixgirl

#5 Post by phoenixgirl » Sun Sep 09, 2007 1:08 am

Sorry for double-posting but I can't seem to find that edit button on my previous post so if this post can be merged with the other one, that would be great. :)

Anyway, I thought of another title:

Destiny on the Ice

phoenixgirl

#6 Post by phoenixgirl » Thu Oct 04, 2007 2:24 pm

Wow, it's been a while since I came up with any more names but let's see here...

If it involves a bit of danger, how about

Skating on Thin Ice

Sounds a bit cliche but oh well.

How about this one?

Skating to Victory

Princess of the Ice

Hmm, guess I might be a bit sleepy. lol I'll come up with more if I can. :)

hanako
Site Admin

#7 Post by hanako » Fri Oct 19, 2007 3:57 pm

For now, Twinkle Toes is go. I'll be able to formally announce this project in a few months, perhaps...

There's going to be a lot of graphical design coming up for this... Anyone who wants to design skating costumes is welcome to draw some and post them, but I don't promise to use them. :)

darryl_holmes

#8 Post by darryl_holmes » Sun Oct 28, 2007 11:01 am

hmmm, ice skating....... girly ice skating.....
not really my field of knowlege :lol: but i can give it a shot.

When i think of ice and twinkling i get the picture of a crystal, with the fact that your a wannabe skater trying to learn...

Crystal Dreams?

Hmmm, mind you already have Sweet Dreams...

Ice skating they use blades.... Blades & Crystal, Crystal Blade. (though you get a bad image from both of them, hardly suited to this kinda game)

I suppose you could describe ice skating as kinda dancing across the surface of the ice.

Crystal Dancing, The Crystal Dance, The Crystal Ball (though it kinda brings the of fortune telling.

Plenty of names there :P. Even if you don't use any of them i hope i have at least inspired a bit of a brain storm for you :lol:.

Hesquidor

#9 Post by Hesquidor » Sun Oct 28, 2007 8:13 pm

I think the previous poster was on to something.

How about something like Crystal/Diamond/Glistening/Ice Waltz. Or maybe something like "Of Frosted Daydreams".

*shrugs* I dunno, my suggestions kinda suck.

roseice

#10 Post by roseice » Thu Nov 08, 2007 11:39 pm

how about ice dreams :oops: :lol:

hanako
Site Admin

#11 Post by hanako » Thu Nov 08, 2007 11:50 pm

Ice Dreams is pretty but it's a very common phrase... if you type that into a search engine you already get a bunch of hits.

On the other hand, looking at your username, there's always "Ice Roses"... :) (except now that I look, apparently there's something called 'fire and ice roses' which means it also has a bunch of hits. Oh well.)

Anyway, after the results of a contest this project is now sort of tied up with a publisher, so the name will partly depend on them. Hopefully I'll have more information for you all soon.