Upcoming Wobbles

For official announcements and news items only.
hanako
Site Admin

Upcoming Wobbles

#1 Post by hanako » Sun Aug 24, 2008 7:58 pm

The main hanako games website may struggle slightly within the next 24 hours (although hopefully not) because we are volunteering to serve as a file mirror for a Big Game Project that is set to release Real Soon Now. The forum will not be affected, because that's hosted on a separate server.

I have plenty of bandwidth, so I hope that the mirroring will go okay. However, if you notice our website suddenly slowing down, that's why.

Also, I will be going off on vacation starting Wednesday, and will therefore not be around as much to check on things.

phoenixgirl

#2 Post by phoenixgirl » Mon Aug 25, 2008 1:01 am

Ahh I'm curious to hear more about this game project. It sounds exciting. :)

And have fun on your vacation. Rest a lot-you totally deserve it. :D
Please help and support me here.

hanako
Site Admin

#3 Post by hanako » Mon Aug 25, 2008 9:51 am

Didn't want to spill the beans before release date, but we're a file mirror for the Quest for Glory II remake project. Which is probably only really exciting to those of you who've played the original - the remake doesn't quite have enough explanation at the beginning to make much sense to someone who's never played these games before. But QfG was one of my favorite series when I was little.

aya_lyka

#4 Post by aya_lyka » Mon Aug 25, 2008 9:55 am

wow the game sounds great. although never played the first it sounds cool.

and have fun on your vacation. enjoy:)

Calixte9

#5 Post by Calixte9 » Mon Aug 25, 2008 10:08 am

Hmm, I haven't heard of that game I might have a look some time.

Anyway, have a great vacation! You've been working hard with your games and really should take a break.

Jinroh

#6 Post by Jinroh » Mon Aug 25, 2008 3:06 pm

Have lots of fun on your vacation Hanako! ^_^ But don't forget to bring a notebook for writing down ideas. -_^

Not to be a spoiler or anything, but I found the site for the re-make just by happenstance on another forum I belong to. I'll not post the link because you should have the honor or revealing it here. -_^ Very cool that you will be a mirror for it.
The wolf and his mate howl, taking solace in the silver moon. Pressing ever foreward to see what the future holds.

hanako
Site Admin

#7 Post by hanako » Mon Aug 25, 2008 4:20 pm

Oh, it's up now, I already linked to it there. *points back to earlier post*

I just wasn't supposed to say until their site went live.

There won't really be any big announcement about it because it has nothing to do with *my* game business exactly... but I loved that game and was happy to help out. :)

Jinroh

#8 Post by Jinroh » Mon Aug 25, 2008 4:28 pm

hanako wrote:Oh, it's up now, I already linked to it there. *points back to earlier post*

I just wasn't supposed to say until their site went live.

There won't really be any big announcement about it because it has nothing to do with *my* game business exactly... but I loved that game and was happy to help out. :)
Oh wow. I have no eye for detail apparently. ;_; I'm sorry Hanako. I should have been more perceptive.

Yes, I thought that you would perhaps post the link here to announce it was up, but you already did. So, I apologize.
The wolf and his mate howl, taking solace in the silver moon. Pressing ever foreward to see what the future holds.

phoenixgirl

#9 Post by phoenixgirl » Tue Aug 26, 2008 12:18 am

I had a chance to check out the game earlier. It looks interesting. I can't wait to try it out. :)

aya_lyka

#10 Post by aya_lyka » Tue Aug 26, 2008 12:57 am

i have visited the site, and the game is exciting and intriguing. and it looks fun. like resident evil you control the character.

aya_lyka

#11 Post by aya_lyka » Tue Aug 26, 2008 12:59 am

this is funny. lol Image

Jinroh

#12 Post by Jinroh » Tue Aug 26, 2008 4:52 pm

^_^ That is funny!

I'll have to give it a go as well once some of my other games are finished. I still have to finish Killer 7 and Izuna 1/2. >_<

It's a shame I never played it back in the days of yore. Though I was not really much of a fantasy game fan back then.

Jinroh

#13 Post by Jinroh » Wed Aug 27, 2008 8:03 pm

OMG a Spambot!

phoenixgirl

#14 Post by phoenixgirl » Thu Aug 28, 2008 12:02 am

@Jinroh:

lol I love the cartoon. :lol:

Yeah, I noticed this spammer as well. Not as bad as a couple of the recent spammers that were here but still...

Anyway, I'm sure hanako will delete the spam as soon as she gets the chance.

Jinroh

#15 Post by Jinroh » Thu Aug 28, 2008 8:20 pm

phoenixgirl wrote:@Jinroh:

lol I love the cartoon. :lol:

Yeah, I noticed this spammer as well. Not as bad as a couple of the recent spammers that were here but still...

Anyway, I'm sure hanako will delete the spam as soon as she gets the chance.
^_^ Thank you I thought it would be appropriate. It is a panel from a webcomic called The Slackerz.

Yes, I noticed a few posts by this particular spambot. I'm not sure why it is trying to offer us Age of Conan and Warhammer gold. Umm...last time I checked Warhammer was either a Battlemech from the Sci-Fi Universe Battletech/Macross/Robotech Image

Or Warhammer 40k which is an Expensive Table Top Game. XD

However it must've just seen GAMES or something and thought to sell us something we don't need. ^_^[/i]