Black Closet giveaway contest!

For official announcements and news items only.
hanako
Site Admin

Black Closet giveaway contest!

#1 Post by hanako » Thu Sep 03, 2015 6:58 pm

As you may know, the latest version of Black Closet includes a mode where you can create your own team of schoolgirl detectives to take on mysteries.

And you know I love a contest!

So - to enter the giveaway for a free copy of Black Closet before it launches on Steam, what you need to do is tell me about your Dream Team. If you could assemble a team of five characters from any source - movies, anime, books, your pet dog - who would make the best minions?

Detailed rules:

1. To enter, post in this thread listing five characters and describe how they would work together as a crime-solving team. What would they be good at, or bad at?
2. Only one entry per person. Pick your best and go with that.
3. The minions do not have to be schoolgirls, or female, although it's more themely if they are. I don't want to have to police entries for whether some character really counts or not, so I'm not making it against the rules, but filling up your team with male movie detectives is kind of boring.
4. At least one entry will be picked by the judges on the grounds of amusing us (being funny helps). At least one entry will be chosen at random. Beyond that, it depends on how many people enter. Get more people to take part and more people will win!
5. The contest will end on September 13th.
6. I reserve the right to call the whole thing off if not enough people enter by the deadline.

Good luck!

Darkovika

Re: Black Closet giveaway contest!

#2 Post by Darkovika » Thu Sep 03, 2015 8:27 pm

I used to post here a long time ago, but the absolute hilarity of the immediate answers I had for this contest (at least to myself, we'll find out what the judges think) begged an entry. So here is my master piece.

Choose five characters for a detective dream team:

- Danny Sexbang from Ninja Sex Party
- Ninja Brian from Ninja Sex Party
- Ashley from Resident Evil 4
- Security Guard from Five Nights at Freddy's Franchise
- Haruhi from Ouran High School Host Club

Okay, hear me out, that's a WEIRD list.

I'm going to start with Ashley. In a group of 5 detectives, you ALWAYS need a Daphne character (from Scooby Doo), so obviously Ashley from Resident Evil 4 is the best choice. She follows orders, is actually pretty decent at not getting kidnapped if you leave her in a dumpster, and comes complete with cosplay capabilities. Stick her in a suit of armor and not only does she not complain, she's IMMUNE TO KIDNAPPING while wearing it. Literally better than Daphne.

I chose the Security Guard from Five Nights at Freddy's (any of them do really) because let's face it, if you need someone to handle serious situations who the hell else is going to survive possible hell-fire than the dude who managed to survive five nights against several homocidal mechanical puppets. Not just one, not just four, but over 9 of them (in FNAF2). And if he's on their side in the end, then that means a whole army on his beck and call of completely fear-free shock troops. Dude's got his own army.

Haruhi from Ouran High School Host Club because she's basically Velma and Fred combined. She's got the stoniest face known to man, is affected by absolutely nothing except for emotions directed at her, and she's capable of disguising herself as a man and tricking literally everyone. She's the perfect leader to this insane group.

And now we come to the meat of it.

Danny Sexbang and Ninja Brian, members of Ninja Sex Party. The party isn't complete without a Shaggy and Scooby combo.

Convinced he is god's gift to the sex world, Danny will attempt to attract every woman he meets, failing literally every single time. To protect his Leader/Master/Not-Even-Sure, Ninja Brian will stare down every masked crusader to come after Danny and murder them with his stony-faced silence. And then they'll come back for the next music video.

With their adorable homocidal shenanigans, both Danny and Ninja Brian will bring each case to an easy close by fumbling every plan that Haruhi comes up with, most likely because Danny was attempting to hit on Ashley and things went downhill fast, as Golden Freddy (Security Guard's good friend) would have none of that.

XDD

Tenarium

#3 Post by Tenarium » Thu Sep 03, 2015 8:57 pm

1. Mary-Jane Watson. She's the token stupid one because she couldn't guess who Spiderman was even when she heard his voice repeating something Peter Parker had said only a few days ago. She's also talentless and will do nothing but hinder the group and not realise it.

2. Nicole Collard. Token foreign character, however quite handy in not only observation but social skills too. Do need to keep her away from George Stobbart though otherwise she can get lost for months at a time.

3. Davette (Real name Kazuya Xallaun Notoyomo Sashukiyi). +150 to all skills and doesn't answer by his real name.

4. Brian Blessed's Wife. Massive intimidation skills as anyone who Brian Blessed has settled for must be somewhat fiery.

5. Elodie. She can be trained in stealth to complete the super group (and is in no way added for pandering purposes).

Also a leader (a la Miss Talmage) is needed so take your pick of any of the cast from Gossip Girl. They all qualify as manipulative, evil and in it for themselves!

Pokota

#4 Post by Pokota » Fri Sep 04, 2015 1:35 am

I'll edit in the reasonings later. When this post is finalized I'll remove this line.

1) Haruhi Suzumiya from Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya.
2) Hibino Hikaru from Himechan's Ribbon.
3) Wapiko from Goldfish Warning.
4) Sakura Kinomoto from Cardcaptor Sakura.
5) Alice.

cursebreaker

#5 Post by cursebreaker » Fri Sep 04, 2015 2:10 am

Hmmm.. a team of highschool girls, my group would be consist of:

Tachibana Hotaru of Aoharu x Kikanjuu. She'll be the muscle of the group, fast and good at fighting. And has a strong sense of justice, but like in the anime, she tends to get carried away so the other members would have to reel her in.

Levy McGarden of Fairy Tail, she knows all sorts of knowledge because she likes to reads books. If she has interest on the topic then she can tell you about any information right away; If not, then she's willing to research about it extensively. Cons are she likes to research the old-fashioned way so it might take a bit of time and she isn't too tech-savvy.

Yukinoshita Yukino from Ore ga Iru. The voice of reason, she'll be the most logical and and will take on the 'detective' role in the group. She can usually solve the crime just by using information. Cons are she isn't willing to try unconventional methods like using bait to lure the culprit or take risks that might endanger her friends. (She's a real softie inside)

Rika Shiguma from Haganai. The female mad scientist. She'll be in charge of their 'gadgets' and forensic needs. Her drawbacks are she always makes inappropriate comments/sexual innuendos that makes some of the girls uncomfortable. But she also dispels the tension in the group with her comic relief sometimes.

Last is Matsu of Sekirei. I was torn between her and Penelope Garcia of Criminal Minds, but in the spirit of 'group of female highschool girls' I decided to go with Matsu. Either way, their characters would've been the same. The hacker of the group. She's not averse to using unconventional *cough* illegal *cough methods to catch the culprit. She also gets the green jokes from Rika so they get along well. The Onee-sama of the group, she can even persuade Yukino to make use of information obtain through 'uncommon' means. In the end, what's important is for the truth to be brought to light.

Thanks for the contest! I had fun making this :P

Pokota

#6 Post by Pokota » Fri Sep 04, 2015 2:20 am

So the forum won't let me edit in the reasonings.

1) Haruhi Suzumiya from Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya. She won't let anyone rest until the mystery is solved. Also I want to see her ego clashing with Hikaru.
2) Hibino Hikaru from Himechan's Ribbon. She won't rest until her curiosity is satisfied. Also I want to see her ego clashing with Haruhi.
3) Wapiko from Goldfish Warning. Becuase every team needs the character that's hyperactive, right?
4) Sakura Kinomoto from Cardcaptor Sakura. Since I've decided not to use Elodie or Lottie, and I didn't want to throw in a second HCR character nor did I want a straight Magical Warrior Girl.
5) Alice. Because Elton John.

phoenixgirl

#7 Post by phoenixgirl » Sun Sep 06, 2015 11:15 am

I've got to give this contest a try so here goes. XD

1. Katniss Everdeen from The Hunger Games trilogy (books, movies). Obviously, she has the skills to hide into places without being easily detected and she has great observation skills, which makes it easy for her to take out her targets as necessary. Her social skills are lacking, though, without help.

2. Kelly Taylor from Beverly Hills, 90210. She appears to be the typical popular girl so social skills aren't a problem but under the surface, she's pretty observant when it comes to seeing her own problems as well as others and so is a good listener. She might not be the sneakiest person around.

3. Elizabeth Bennett from Pride and Prejudice. The lady has the social skills to talk her way through any situation and she has the intimidation skills as well to talk down to her enemies. And heck, who wouldn't like someone who wins Mr. Darcy's heart? XD

4. Rei/Sailor Mars from Sailor Moon. She has the fiery temper to take down her enemies, whether it comes to her colloquial skills or her fire magic abilities. Not the best when it comes to getting along with all people, though.

5. Ellen from Magical Diary. She'd be my second-in-command (Vonne equivalent). I think she tends to be observant generally and she knows how to follow orders but yet isn't afraid to question things when they seem wrong. But she may have difficulty trying to reason with certain established members of the magical community and that could be applied to certain personalities as well.

baflink

#8 Post by baflink » Thu Sep 10, 2015 11:58 pm

al bundy - The lazy guy who suprises us all in the end that he has a secret connection with S.H.I.E.L.D.

brock samson - The careless tank who will demolish anything that gets in the way

sterling archer - The accidental badass villiage idiot, nuff said

mickey mouse - The do-gooder who will eventaully have to turn around and be a badass and break rules to save his friends

Fa Mulan - Strong female character who leads the group

Matenshi

#9 Post by Matenshi » Fri Sep 11, 2015 10:58 am

1) Veronica Mars from Veronica Mars
The quintessential schoolgirl detective. Her experience would make her a great leader. She's tenacious, resourceful, and always one step ahead. Her snarky attitude would be balanced out by the other members of the group.

2) Willow Rosenberg from Buffy the Vampire Slayer
The book-smart one. Any researching or computer work that needs to be done, she's your girl. Not to mention the whole being a witch thing, which is sure to come in handy. The other members would help assuage her insecurity.

3) Subaru (Mariko Misono) from .hack//SIGN
The charismatic one. Kind, compassionate, and soft spoken, but very determined. She has a passion for upholding order, and she certainly has experience with unraveling mysteries. She won't let being in a wheelchair keep her down when she has a cause and people to fight for.

4) Rachel from Animorphs
The muscle. She has no qualms with using force, and makes good use of her animal-morphing capabilities. Morphing also allows her to sneak into places to gather intel. The others would help keep her violent tendencies in check, especially Subaru.

5) Honey Lemon from Big Hero 6 (the Disney film)
The science nerd. Her knowledge of chemistry and alchemy would be invaluable for forensics. Her optimistic and bright attitude would help keep the team's morale up. Being a superheroine doesn't hurt either!

I thought way too much about this. I tried to stick to characters who are, at least at some point, actually schoolgirls in their series. Characters I thought about but didn't pick include Lois Lane (for the aforementioned reason) and Hermione Granger (because she would be pretty redundant with Willow). I also admit there might be a little bias in including two lesbian characters, but it feels appropriate anyway. ;)

Hoom

#10 Post by Hoom » Fri Sep 11, 2015 10:41 pm

The Five Fighters of Fiendish Felonies

1. Nancy Drew (1930's to 1950's version).

Painter, expert bridge player, psychology student and general Renaissance girl, Nancy is the undoubted leader of the team. She is resolute in her belief that all crimes can be solved through good old fashioned sleuthing work. Her low tolerance for fools has, however, led to the team being somewhat unpopular with the local constabulary. Nancy would like to make it very clear that the team name was not her idea and she frankly finds it rather silly.

2. Squirrel Girl (Marvel Comics).

Having left the New Avengers, Squirrel Girl was at a loose end before her recruitment. Her climbing ability helps the group with survelliance and she's also the group's main combatant where dealing with ruffians and ne'er do wells. Most importantly, she can talk to squirrels. Squirrels see a lot and villainous types very rarely look around for squirrel eyewitnesses.

3. Susan Sto Helit (Discworld).

Miss Susan to you, from her perspective one of the main things she brings to the group is sensibleness. From the perspective of the rest of the team, her inability to not see things just because they shouldn't be there has saved them more then once. According to Miss Susan, her premonitions are largely useless for detective work even if you think otherwise because you are not being sensible. She tries not to use the VOICE unless she gets angry. The Look is seen more frequently.

4. Violet Elizabeth Bott (Just William)

Originally, Violet was not invited to join the team but she held her breath and, after she started to turn blue, they relented. That said, they've come to appreciate Violet's unique talents, even if she's sometimes annoying. The team's main negotiator, Violet is capable of causing hardened criminals to surrender. Even if her main tactic is screaming and threatening to vomit over them, it seems to be amazingly effective.

5. Mrs Hudson (Sherlock Holmes)

The mentor of the group, bringing her vast experience of mystery solving to the group's cases. Don't believe the Watsonian revisionism. It was actually Mrs Hudson who solved all of those cases, while Holmes flounced round the house in an opium haze, played the violin at ungodly hours and generally made a nuisance of himself. Still, Mrs Hudson was happy not to take the credit; it's the intellectual challenge she cares about. While it is true that Moriarty and Mrs Hudson have never been seen in the same room, idle speculation on the subject should be ignored.

Budder

#11 Post by Budder » Sat Sep 12, 2015 1:15 pm

Totally (un)random Unrelated people

1. The 'I like trains' guy. (from the asdf movie)

HE HAS THE PERFECT SUPERPOWER!!!

2. Swiper the Fox (from Dora the explorer)

His name is Swiper he swipes things. So if we're snooping around I have the perfect swiper, Swiper!

3. IB (from IB)

She's been through a whole creepy art gallery. My point: she's pretty much not afraid of anything.

4. Phoenix Wright (from Phoenix Wright)

He can see the secrets in people's hearts and scarring people for life. (and also presenting 'evidence' to break people's secrets.)

5. Ghastly (from Pokémon)

He (or it..? 'cause it's a Pokémon ) jumps out lot from long grass and in huge creepy mansions. He (or once again it?) only does stuff when ordered to!

The End

Yes. There is no group synergy here.

[color=#BFBFFF][/color]
[colour=#40FFBF][/colour]

SinNoAria

#12 Post by SinNoAria » Sat Sep 12, 2015 10:45 pm

A) Hanako of the toilet: Can travel between toilets. Cannot move too far away from a toilet.
B) Pamela Ibis (Specifically the Mana Khemia 1 version (post game)): She's an awesome ghost and haunts a school.
C) Roromiya Karuta (From Inu x Boku SS): She's the descendant of spirits that starved to death
D) Aisaka Sayo (From Negima!): She's a ghost schoolgirl.
E) Marona (From Phantom Brave): She can summon phantoms.

I'm avoiding some cheat characters (really powerful) because that wouldn't be fun. Also avoiding spoilers. (characters that aren't revealed as non-human until late). Sadly, that means I can't choose my preferred team of undead ghost schoolgirls so I'll have to go with non-human of schoolgirl age/appearance):

(There are like 9+ version of the first two, all different people/characters, I've chosen one of each)

An obvious weakness is that aside from Marona, all of them would be weak against anything that repels spirits and Marona isn't that strong without her phantoms.

I'll use a story to describe how they'd work together. (Oh gawd, I'm writing bad fanfiction).

The case of the vanishing cat

Marona walked through the halls of the school, followed by four others. The other students watched with wary eyes as the odd group moved along, following the set of footprints that led to the library. Unfortunately, as Marona tried to open the door, she found it locked.

"It is locked."

Smiling mischievously, Pamela floated through the door and rattling noise could be heard within. Then, after a click sounded through the halls, the door opened with nobody in sight. Marona peeked inside curiously and saw nothing but a few footprints leading inward. Suddenly, from above, a figure appeared with hair that seemed alive and deep eyes. With an exclamation, Marona fell backwards as Pamela laughed lightly while the others watched wryly.

Marona picked herself up, laughing before the group continued following the footprints behind several bookshelves until they stopped at a bookshelf. Looking up, the group saw a tail hanging down with a light ribbon on it.

"I'll get it."

Sayo moved to go and grab the cat, before tripping and in an un-ghostly manner, slamming into the bookshelf. A surprised meowing could be heard as the cat jumped, landing on another shelf before looking ruefully at the group before the domino effect finally ended with a crashing sound of broken glass. With the cat quickly running off into the hallway, Hanako quickly motioned for the group to hurry.

The chase soon led them to a bathroom where the cat jumped into one of the stalls, but when the group opened the stall, there was nothing there. Checking the entire bathroom, the group found nothing and began to ponder.

"Maybe it is like me."

As Hanako spoke, she looked at one of the stalls, opening it and then shutting herself inside before a flushing sound could be heard. A few minutes passed before the stall opened once more.

"I found it, but there is a problem, follow me."

Hanako ran out with the group following until they reached a door with a sign "Occult Sci-Fi Research Club". Opening the door, the group found a man with glasses and a lab coat holding the cat in a pile of machinery. Marona quietly walked up to the man who finally took notice of the group.

"It's you!"

"Excuse me, we need to return that cat."

"All your cats are belong to us."

"The owner really misses their cat."

"What you say?"

"The owner really-"

"Marona, I don't think he'll just give us the cat."

"Move 'Zig'. For great justice!"

With those words, a giant ship burst out from the pile, floating in the air.

"This is ridiculous."

Hanako quickly moved to keep Marona out of harms way as Pamela, with a "Buuu-" sound, threw her teddy bear at the machine, the bear growing in size as it landed as if a living thing. Meanwhile, Karuta, who had been eating the entire time, looked at something and gave Sayo a light push in that direction.

"Run over there."

Sayo, with a confused look, ran in the direction indicated before tripping, slamming into a cord and pulling it out of an outlet. With a sputtering noise, the ship crashed to the ground.

"Oh no! Over three thousand research funds gone! But you have not defeated me yet. I have studied upon all your weaknesses. This isn't even my final form."

With a spin, the man now wore a Kam*n Rid*r mask as he brought out 12 large bento boxes and offered it Karuta.

"For my hungry friend."

"Friend."

Karuta, with a brief agreement, took the boxes and continued to eat. Turning to Hanako, the man spoke.

"For you, I have bought out all the toilets in the school and can demolish them with the touch of a button! I have prepared hundreds of banana peels for you, Sayo! Now, with the three biggest threats gone, all that is left is to take care of the remaining one. Come, join me Pamela, I can free you so that you may go anywhere!"

Pamela pondered for a moment before she smiled as if agreeing before the bear punched the man in the face while grabbing the cat.

"Curse you heroes! Even if you defeat me, there will be more to come! Don't think you've seen the last of me!"

With those words, the floor opened beneath the man, closing up soon after.

"How ridiculous. Well, we got the cat."

And thus, the group completed yet another task. But wait, did they ever figure out why the cat was vanishing in the first place?

hanako
Site Admin

#13 Post by hanako » Mon Sep 14, 2015 3:02 pm

Well, we just barely scraped enough entrants (it's so hard to give things away these days!)

So, as promised, one random and one hand-picked. No, I'm not saying which is which. it is a mystery!

And the winners are...

darkovika
and
hoom
!

Congratulations and thanks to all who entered, they are fun to read. :)

Darkovika

#14 Post by Darkovika » Mon Sep 14, 2015 3:07 pm

Thank you very much! It was great fun!!! =^_^= i had so much fun imagining the scenarios they'd all get into for literally an entire week hahaha

Hoom

#15 Post by Hoom » Tue Sep 15, 2015 12:17 am

Yay! Thank you!

(My other half is now trying to persuade me to rewrite Hound of the Baskervilles from the perspective of Mrs Hudson. I blame you, frankly).